Urban Grip, what is it?
Is Urban Grip a special material or just the colouring of a dart barrel?

Also, can it be easily removed?

I have my eye on a set of 24g Winmau Pulsar darts but I'd prefer it without the brothel colours.

It's a great looking dart and it closely resembles one of my favourites, the Sniper 23g Winmau but with a more user friendly grip (actual grip).
As far as I'm aware Urban Grip is just the Winmau name for the rainbow coating - same as Unicorn call it DNA.

I've no idea if it can be removed or not - if it can then I'd guess sand/shot blasting would be the way to go, or if not then you could possibly get them recoated in whatever colour you would prefer.
Just a colourful Titanium Nitride coating

- but it would be hard to remove cleanly.

The coating itself has a sort of "dry" texture to it - very minimal really.

Oddly just listen to a Jim Jeffries Brothel Joke yesterday - so I will look at my darts in a whole new light now!
Ryk is currently using:-
 鈴木 未来  Jadeite 24g
::  Alamo White Short :: - Harrows 75μm Angelite Fights  :: Winmau Blade 6 ::
(06-08-2019, 09:50 AM)Ryk Wrote: Oddly just listen to a Jim Jeffries Brothel Joke yesterday - so I will look at my darts in a whole new light now!

Big Grin LOL. I might just go ahead and buy the Pulsars and risk being infected by happiness as I'm throwing them.
(06-08-2019, 09:50 AM)Ryk Wrote: Just a colourful Titanium Nitride coating

- but it would be hard to remove cleanly.

The coating itself has a sort of "dry" texture to it - very minimal really.

Oddly just listen to a Jim Jeffries Brothel Joke yesterday - so I will look at my darts in a whole new light now!

A red light?
So, I just came across , for my self. The first time, Designas Dragon Fires. Which appear to be the identical barrels Designas Black Shadow offers, except with Te rainbow coating

I love the black shadows as a favourite dart. The dragon fires differ SLIGHTLY. .05 length here , .03 length there ....

Contemplating getting a set of the ones I already have the BS S2 24gram, which they don’t have In black shadow, but in Urban coating / dragon fire .

Can anyone confirm this ? From a visual standpoint, this is a correct observation .

Side note I just got a order of Beatons and Mckicks, having trouble breaking them in. I have hopes for the The straight arrowed mckicks
I really like the Beaton’s, but something about them.

I’ve got a bad bug, I’m already looking at more darts to order,.....

I’m thinking 2 Designas and I found a set of black unicorn darts for $4 , with nice specs , for any guests.....

Need those black shadows as a back up I guess. They are My most consistent. I can get the rainbow coating for few bucks extra
Seek ye first the Kingdom of God