Fit Flight Air Opinions
Hello, I am just wondering if anybody has experience With Fit Flight Air Flights? I know someone who used them 3ish year ago and they did not last very long, but maybe improvements have been made? Is the texture of them similar to the harrows clic? I currently use the clic and love the material of the flights, but the flight wings peel off from the center of the flight fairly quickly as well as having a limited color selection, so I am looking to try something new. I watched the Darts Review Channel Review on the New Target 8 system coming out and that has definitely peeked my interest. So now Im trying to Decide between Fit Flight Air and Target 8s. Also as a side question does anybody have any updates on the durability of Fit Flight Carbon shafts? I have heard people who have used them in the past were not happy with the durability, but as with the Air, maybe they have made improvements? Thank you
I'd check Crusher's fairly recent review of molded flight systems.  Fit Flight Air was one he put through the paces:

https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=33519
Hey 19cw95,

I'm going to say the AIRs depend on what you are playing, soft tip or steel tip. For steel tip, I would recommend the AIRs because our players have reported that they last longer than the normals on steel tip. With steel tip darts, the normals have a tendency to nick on the bottom and will cause tears up the sides (this is what's happening to you clics I believe, but without pictures, I can't be sure). The thinner material of the AIRs acts as a deterrent to this. A lot of our steel tip players prefer to play with AIR because of this.

My personal problem with AIR and why I use normal Fit Flight is because I live in Japan where soft tip is king and I've found that since soft tip always goes in the same amount and at the same angle on the board, it can cause AIR to chip at weird places. I've had chunks fly off and perpendicular tears from edge to the middle that bother me. Normals don't do this and the lighter weight of the darts don't destroy them as bad as steel does.

Your question about the carbon shafts might start off a war here again. There are some (and I'm in this camp) who question how people can break them ever. There are others who will curse them as legal highway robbery. Our standard response to someone contacting us about their thoughts on the lack of quality of our carbon shafts is to explain that every situation is different and that we can't guarantee anything.

As I have unlimited access to Cosmo materials, I can give you a personal anecdote. I used to play with #6 or #7 GEAR (plastic) shafts. I'd break a shaft maybe once every 5 to 6 weeks (playing for at least 1 hr a day). I switched to much shorter shafts, #2, and my accuracy improved, but I went through two sets in two weeks. I throw pretty hard and I believe the increase in breaking has to do with the fact that the shaft became too small to deal with the amount of force I put on it. I've softened my throw a bit and it's now been several weeks since my last break.

I personally don't play with carbon because I feel that GEAR is plenty strong enough. And I also like using a transparent setup that lets me see the board better when trying to group.

As far as 8Flight goes, they've been out in South East Asia for well over a month now (maybe two?) and they've been panned as garbage. Granted, I work for a competitor so it could be just people blowing smoke up our ass, but word on the street there is 8's not so great. The reason is, they added supports to where the stem screws into the barrel. They idea is that these supports would make the shaft harder to break, however they just prevent the stem from screwing in all the way so you wind up with a gap and a breakpoint that's lower down. And a personal note, the ones I've gotten my hands on, I felt were rather ugly (shaft was two fat, bad warping on the fins).

If you have any more questions, let me know and I'll answer them as best as I can.

Brian
(Cosmo Darts European Rep)
(06-04-2019, 01:29 AM)Cosmo Darts Europe Wrote: Hey 19cw95,

I'm going to say the AIRs depend on what you are playing, soft tip or steel tip. For steel tip, I would recommend the AIRs because our players have reported that they last longer than the normals on steel tip. With steel tip darts, the normals have a tendency to nick on the bottom and will cause tears up the sides (this is what's happening to you clics I believe, but without pictures, I can't be sure). The thinner material of the AIRs acts as a deterrent to this. A lot of our steel tip players prefer to play with AIR because of this.

My personal problem with AIR and why I use normal Fit Flight is because I live in Japan where soft tip is king and I've found that since soft tip always goes in the same amount and at the same angle on the board, it can cause AIR to chip at weird places. I've had chunks fly off and perpendicular tears from edge to the middle that bother me. Normals don't do this and the lighter weight of the darts don't destroy them as bad as steel does.

Your question about the carbon shafts might start off a war here again. There are some (and I'm in this camp) who question how people can break them ever. There are others who will curse them as legal highway robbery. Our standard response to someone contacting us about their thoughts on the lack of quality of our carbon shafts is to explain that every situation is different and that we can't guarantee anything.

As I have unlimited access to Cosmo materials, I can give you a personal anecdote. I used to play with #6 or #7 GEAR (plastic) shafts. I'd break a shaft maybe once every 5 to 6 weeks (playing for at least 1 hr a day). I switched to much shorter shafts, #2, and my accuracy improved, but I went through two sets in two weeks. I throw pretty hard and I believe the increase in breaking has to do with the fact that the shaft became too small to deal with the amount of force I put on it. I've softened my throw a bit and it's now been several weeks since my last break.

I personally don't play with carbon because I feel that GEAR is plenty strong enough. And I also like using a transparent setup that lets me see the board better when trying to group.

As far as 8Flight goes, they've been out in South East Asia for well over a month now (maybe two?) and they've been panned as garbage. Granted, I work for a competitor so it could be just people blowing smoke up our ass, but word on the street there is 8's not so great. The reason is, they added supports to where the stem screws into the barrel. They idea is that these supports would make the shaft harder to break, however they just prevent the stem from screwing in all the way so you wind up with a gap and a breakpoint that's lower down. And a personal note, the ones I've gotten my hands on, I felt were rather ugly (shaft was two fat, bad warping on the fins).

If you have any more questions, let me know and I'll answer them as best as I can.

Brian
(Cosmo Darts Europe
First off I would like to say Im fairly new to the forum, and I think its awesome how you guys have an account to answer questions and to interact with, so thank you for your response. I have heard decent things about how your gear shafts last, but in theory I would rather spend a tad more for something that will last longer, such as the Carbon or Duralumin, but without the added weight of the Duralumin, making me interested in the carbon. Specifically though one of my league teammates used to use the carbon and I remember seeing twice him throw a dart, the dart hit the board (and stuck - I play soft tip) and the thread snapped off it seemed from the force of the dart hitting the board. He isnt a hard thrower so as you can imagine that really made me question the carbon. That was a couple years ago so that is why I was wondering if maybe improvements have been made. 
Could you tell me are the AIRS like the Clic material, on the softer side I guess is the best way I can describe them, or are they like your or lstyles basic flights like a hard plastic material? What you say about the 8Flights is unfortunate, because they sounded exactly like what I was looking for - a more durable clic. Thank you for your response
In all honesty, we don't have any Clic in the office, so I'm not sure of their thickness or feel.

I can compare them to L's Champagne Ring flights. They're about 0.05mm or so thinner (not 100% sure as the vernier caliper didn't measure that far down). They are smoother and have a softer feel to them than the L's. They don't feel hard when comparing them to our normal ones and feel softer than the L's.

That thing with the stem snapping when it hits the board has happened to me when I switched to the #2s. But as I said earlier, it really depends on so much. We have not changed the materials in our carbon shafts. That I can tell you. Whether or not you will suffer from the same issues that your teammate did, I can't tell you. I also understand for the price it's quite an expensive experiment. If you did want to try, they do come in sets of 4, so if one snaps in a way you think is too easy, there might be a Nut on here that wouldn't mind swapping or buying them off you as you'd still have a complete set.

Also, do remember the 8Fliight info is coming to us from people who may or maynot have an agenda in reporting it to us. It's come to us mainly from our sponsored players and distributors in the area, so they also might not be the most unbiased sources. They will work for some people.

I don't know where you are, but if it's at all possible, I'd highly recommend trying to find a place that will allow you to test things before you buy. If you're in Europe and can go to the tournament in La Rochelle on June 13th through the 16th, I'm there demoing Essential Barrels. If you're in the US or Canada... I don't know because our US rep is currently over there and I can't ask where you could try some out Tongue .If you're elsewhere in Europe, you can PM me and I can try to find the closest store to you that I know has trial samples.

Brian
(06-04-2019, 03:26 AM)Cosmo Darts Europe Wrote: In all honesty, we don't have any Clic in the office, so I'm not sure of their thickness or feel.

I can compare them to L's Champagne Ring flights. They're about 0.05mm or so thinner (not 100% sure as the vernier caliper didn't measure that far down). They are smoother and have a softer feel to them than the L's. They don't feel hard when comparing them to our normal ones and feel softer than the L's.

That thing with the stem snapping when it hits the board has happened to me when I switched to the #2s. But as I said earlier, it really depends on so much. We have not changed the materials in our carbon shafts. That I can tell you. Whether or not you will suffer from the same issues that your teammate did, I can't tell you. I also understand for the price it's quite an expensive experiment. If you did want to try, they do come in sets of 4, so if one snaps in a way you think is too easy, there might be a Nut on here that wouldn't mind swapping or buying them off you as you'd still have a complete set.

Also, do remember the 8Fliight info is coming to us from people who may or maynot have an agenda in reporting it to us. It's come to us mainly from our sponsored players and distributors in the area, so they also might not be the most unbiased sources. They will work for some people.

I don't know where you are, but if it's at all possible, I'd highly recommend trying to find a place that will allow you to test things before you buy. If you're in Europe and can go to the tournament in La Rochelle on June 13th through the 16th, I'm there demoing Essential Barrels. If you're in the US or Canada... I don't know because our US rep is currently over there and I can't ask where you could try some out Tongue .If you're elsewhere in Europe, you can PM me and I can try to find the closest store to you that I know has trial samples.

Brian

Ok even though you havent tried the clics I think you answered my question. There is a dart shop relatively close to me, but Im also hoping to get some longer term feedback. I think I may just try both fit flight gear, with the Air as well as a couple sets of the Target 8s. Thanks again, I really do appreciate the response.
Hi,

as the click flight material was mentioned. I bought a set a few years ago and I know a few players who have been using them. The material of clicks felt to me more like rubber. I tore one flight almost iimmediatelly and damaged the other by robin hooding them while the players I know have used one set for months.
The material the Airs are made of is more like the plastic used for transparent parts of darts boxes, if you know what I mean. Just a bit more flexible though. At least I've just compared Airs to a few boxes that I've got in a drawer... BTW, common 100micron flights are similar too.

What I didn't like about Clicks, was the lack of shapes and styles and that I had quite a lot of robin hoods with them. And even though I can't remember whether I had made some measurements, they felt a bit disbalanced to me. I used the slim shafts and the flight seemed to add the drag. Which someone else may prefer though - the same like people like using flight protectors due to the slight change in balance.

Carbons...I bought two sets a few years ago and I broke three resp. one shaft of the each set. Since then I got three sets more (slim 5, normal 4 and hybrid 4) and haven't broken a single shaft. Most of the time I use the titanium or duralumins shafts anyway, however I use the carbons quite often as well at home and had quite a few hard bounce outs and they still hold well. I somehow think that the longer and the slimmer the shaft is, the less prone is to breakage due to its better flexibility. On the other hand, the rest of my short Gear shafts (size 2) hold well too when I use them. I think the darts that I use now and the ones that I used in the past could be the reason why there is this difference and why I break so few shafts now. Just my two cents... I've got about 20+ sets and I think that my style has changed too, tbh.

Similar opinion I've got on flights. I've got some Airs too, but I mostly use Fit flights. The thing is that angle of my darts landing in the dartboard, the Tridents that I use anyway and also the fact that I mostly use kite flights are probably the reason why I damage only few flights.
The reason why I used to prefer Fit flights over the Fit Flight Air was a pure economic one. I could buy a pack of 6 for a better price...

I got a batch of delta kites from Brian (thanks once more) and even though I was warned that they're older and may not be that durable, the are durable enough. They're the flights I've been using now and I think I could stay with them for a while, like for a couple of years, unless I get some non-deltas for free :-)
8 flight is horrible.
Just bought to try. The plastic is like cristal. Stems lasted 5 mins before breaking. Interesting system. Crap materials.
Valencia/Spain

[Image: 26597624506_7a2c7eab75_c.jpg]
(06-04-2019, 01:25 PM)elevendarter Wrote: Hi,

as the click flight material was mentioned. I bought a set a few years ago and I know a few players who have been using them. The material of clicks felt to me more like rubber. I tore one flight almost iimmediatelly and damaged the other by robin hooding them while the players I know have used one set for months.
The material the Airs are made of is more like the plastic used for transparent parts of darts boxes, if you know what I mean. Just a bit more flexible though. At least I've just compared Airs to a few boxes that I've got in a drawer... BTW, common 100micron flights are similar too.

What I didn't like about Clicks, was the lack of shapes and styles and that I had quite a lot of robin hoods with them. And even though I can't remember whether I had made some measurements, they felt a bit disbalanced to me. I used the slim shafts and the flight seemed to add the drag. Which someone else may prefer though - the same like people like using flight protectors due to the slight change in balance.

Carbons...I bought two sets a few years ago and I broke three resp. one shaft of the each set. Since then I got three sets more (slim 5, normal 4 and hybrid 4) and haven't broken a single shaft. Most of the time I use the titanium or duralumins shafts anyway, however I use the carbons quite often as well at home and had quite a few hard bounce outs and they still hold well. I somehow think that the longer and the slimmer the shaft is, the less prone is to breakage due to its better flexibility. On the other hand, the rest of my short Gear shafts (size 2) hold well too when I use them. I think the darts that I use now and the ones that I used in the past could be the reason why there is this difference and why I break so few shafts now. Just my two cents... I've got about 20+ sets and I think that my style has changed too, tbh.

Similar opinion I've got on flights. I've got some Airs too, but I mostly use Fit flights. The thing is that angle of my darts landing in the dartboard, the Tridents that I use anyway and also the fact that I mostly use kite flights are probably the reason why I damage only few flights.
The reason why I used to prefer Fit flights over the Fit Flight Air was a pure economic one. I could buy a pack of 6 for a better price...

I got a batch of delta kites from Brian (thanks once more) and even though I was warned that they're older and may not be that durable, the are durable enough. They're the flights I've been using now and I think I could stay with them for a while, like for a couple of years, unless I get some non-deltas for free :-)

Ok, So it sounds like the Fit Flight Air are kind of an inbetween material of clic and normal fit flight, which i think I would be ok with, because as I mentioned I love the clic fights, but lack of interesting colors and mediocre quality to what I would prefer has me wanting to try something new. I read some of the debates people have had on the carbon and it literally seems 50/50 people love them or hate them like Brian said, although I feel the posts on here may be a bit misleading, due to the fact that people with issues are going to be more vocal than people without any. Regarding your first paragraph " I tore one flight almost immediatelly and damaged the other by robin hooding them while the players I know have used one set for months." I assume you were referring to the clics right? My clic flights wings always start peeling off from the top center of the flight.  One other question, have you noticed a difference of durability between slim shafts, hybrid and normal? I prefer the normal, idk why just never could get the feel for slim or hybrid.
(06-04-2019, 04:29 PM)Pac Wrote: 8 flight is horrible.
Just bought to try. The plastic is like cristal. Stems lasted 5 mins before breaking. Interesting system. Crap materials.

I am disappointed to hear that. If I hear any more negative about them I may have to pass on them for now, at least maybe until they decide to make improvements.