Dartboard Questions
I currently need a new dartboard.  My Blade 4 has served me well, but it's time to upgrade.  The main question I have are what are the best professional dart boards money can buy, budget be damned.  

What would you say are the top three?

From my rudimentary research it seems like the best are:

Gladiator 3
Blade 5
Unicorn?

Or are they so close in quality all the answers become subjective/personal preference?  Just wondering if there is a clear leader/preference among the dart players.
I'm pretty sure you'll find all the info needed in the dart board review section.

I just replaced my B5 after 2 years of steady 2hr a day avg use. Before that had 2 B4's about the same usage.

I bought the latest Glad3 and like it a lot, of course, it's new.

The G3 is harder than the B5 which works ok with me as well. Now to see if it lasts through the same time frame as the others.

BTW, welcome to the forum. It'd be nice to get a proper intro from ya when/if you have the time.
My top 3 would have to be
G3
B5
Target Pro Tour
[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register 
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
20 gram Darts Clearance, Harrows super grip fusion stems, Rapide flights with Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average                 

I'm on my second G3 and when this one wears out, I'll buy another one. Over the years I've used Winmau---in all their variations, NODOR, Alien, Unicorn, DMI and now the G3.

I even got one of those Winmau "Practice Boards" with the half size trebles and doubles-------waste of time and money.

I'll stick with the Gladiator ONE80
gumbo2176
(06-03-2019, 10:50 PM)gumbo2176 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
RegisterI'll second that, I have a G3 at the moment  a new G2 still in the box and a pair of virtually unused B4's tucked away (in case of emergency LOL )
[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register 
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
20 gram Darts Clearance, Harrows super grip fusion stems, Rapide flights with Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average                 

Can't argue with the previous comments, but will add where you buy can be important too. Not all manufacturers are created equal when it comes to customer support, so having a reseller who's got your back can be important if you get a bad board.  Which can happen, regardless of the brand.  Reading some of the threads in this area will highlight that.

For the record, my current favourite is the G3, which plays like no other I've used.  But have a brand new B5 in the box as well, always nice to have quality spares. Wink

One feature of the G3 I really like is the "anchors" pinning the spider to the backing.  In my experience, most razor wire spiders tend to lift over time, and this feature is a good idea IMO.  Check some of the shots in Grips's review, and you'll see them attached to roughly every other leg where the spider extends out past the doubles ring.  Darren also references them his G3 spider discussion:

Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile

Also pay attention to the mounting system.  I throw away most of them and use the Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile .  With a suitably cut piece of cardboard, you don't need to mess with those rubber feet or springs.  Shot has incorporated this concept fully in their new boards.  But you can make your own very easily.  See this thread for Shot's new boards and the cardboard bit:

https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=37101

I do similar even when mounting a B5.  Once you've got the wall mount on, switching the 'puck' to another board is child's play.  I've got multiple mounts and 'pucks', so can switch boards in the time it takes to pull it off the wall.  Really quiets down the roto-lock system as well, which you didn't have on the B4. Nice system for levelling uneven walls, but transmits sound like a bugger. Wink

cheers and good luck...
FWIW my last few boards have been Winmau Blades.
I recently got a Dual Core B5 and it is harder than the standard B5.
Its almost as if the entire B5 is softish, whereas the Dual Core has a soft top layer and a hard under layer.
My darts do not go in as far at all compared to the regular B5.
I'm throwing 24 gram Daytona Fires so not exactly a light dart.
I cannot comment on the G3, however, if I had a harder board, I'd be at risk of dropouts.....and I don't throw too lightly either.