Doubles , not landing in middle
All I know is that I aim for a particular point in the dbl section and by the grace of god hope that I can hit it.
And in the dbl no matter which section then that's good enough for me and I move on to the next mark. Yes I would lose style points but not the dbl points. LOL
"Scoring for show, doubles for dough."

Doesn't matter where you hit it...just hit it.
Bobby George, what a classic player.

I play a lot of cricket and those trips are the money shot for me.
(06-07-2019, 02:07 AM)CalixNL Wrote:
(06-06-2019, 11:02 AM)elevendarter Wrote: Seriously, I think that wanting darts to land right in the middle is too much. I am glad if it lands in the proper double at all.

Lol,  I don’t necessarily expect or want my darts to land right in the middle of the double , I was just noticing that my double shots, that I do hit, land far left or right,  or top and bottom of the segment in which I was aiming, not even including on the wire or not.. I wasn’t sure if this was an area that a player should focus on and practice - improving accuracy and consistency . I chalk my sloppy doubles up to not doing enough doubles practice. Never a reason to not try and improve quality of game play as a beginner

Oh, sorry. I didn't understand it properly. Let's say it got lost in translation :-)

BTW, I more often think to myself that I was lucky not to hit the neighbour double than noticing how nicely in the middle it was hit. I think it's the same as you.

BTW, I am not sure whether I have already mentioned elsewhere, but I am just creating a spreadsheet for practicing outs because since we had started using n01 for the final rounds of our tournaments I could see how bad my finishing was. So, practicing is the key. I made it specially for checkouts 24, 32, 40, 48, 56.....up to 96. I think I can post a picture... I keep changing it though and I am not happy about how some macros work atm, so it's likely it would look differently in the end. Here's how it looks now.

[Image: 0obTpJx.jpg]

[Image: 1gr0TNk.jpg]

[Image: jsutLWV.jpg]
(06-07-2019, 06:23 PM)elevendarter Wrote:
(06-07-2019, 02:07 AM)CalixNL Wrote:
(06-06-2019, 11:02 AM)elevendarter Wrote: Seriously, I think that wanting darts to land right in the middle is too much. I am glad if it lands in the proper double at all.

Lol,  I don’t necessarily expect or want my darts to land right in the middle of the double , I was just noticing that my double shots, that I do hit, land far left or right,  or top and bottom of the segment in which I was aiming, not even including on the wire or not.. I wasn’t sure if this was an area that a player should focus on and practice - improving accuracy and consistency . I chalk my sloppy doubles up to not doing enough doubles practice. Never a reason to not try and improve quality of game play as a beginner

Oh, sorry. I didn't understand it properly. Let's say it got lost in translation :-)

BTW, I more often think to myself that I was lucky not to hit the neighbour double than noticing how nicely in the middle it was hit. I think it's the same as you.

BTW, I am not sure whether I have already mentioned elsewhere, but I am just creating a spreadsheet for practicing outs because since we had started using n01 for the final rounds of our tournaments I could see how bad my finishing was. So, practicing is the key. I made it specially for checkouts 24, 32, 40, 48, 56.....up to 96. I think I can post a picture... I keep changing it though and I am not happy about how some macros work atm, so it's likely it would look differently in the end. Here's how it looks now.

Thanks for the reply and data!

That’s a good way to track your outshots ! I made sense of most of it.

I will have to use a Portion of your formula to work on my doubles and out shots! 

I have a few questions , but I think I follow. Keeping track of your results , best and worst. Some of the numbers confuse me . Like , the “4,59” ones on the average line, what do they represent? number of darts? Played 22 rounds of check out , and the average number of darts to check each number out? Best and worse?
Edit
Actually it’s okay buddy you don’t gotta explain it to me! Lol thanks for sharing !
Yep. The average 4.59 means that I averagilly need almost 5 darts to check that out.

BTW, the good game for practicing outs is Catch 40. I've got a spreadsheet for that too (see my sig, it's in the Darts Decider sheet), however it is quite a long session. I needed something shorter that would be easy to practice on a daily bases.
Hi CalixNL, your question actually raised another question for me. You specifically mention doubles in your post. Does that imply that you don’t have this issue with scoring? It is a smaller target so it should be easily missed. Is this the case and are you just not so worried about missing trebles (as long as you hit the right single) or are you hitting them with regularity and maybe unconsiously have a different approach / aim for hitting trebles? I am asking this because I was struggling with poor aim overall and focussing on a small segment within the target helped me with doubles and trebles alike. It seems to me that you are only struggling on doubles
(06-08-2019, 09:11 AM)Atilla Wrote: Hi CalixNL, your question actually raised another question for me. You specifically mention doubles in your post. Does that imply that you don’t have this issue with scoring? It is a smaller target so it should be easily missed. Is this the case and are you just not so worried about missing trebles (as long as you hit the right single) or are you hitting them with regularity and maybe unconsiously have a different approach / aim for hitting trebles? I am asking this because I was struggling with poor aim overall and focussing on a small segment within the target helped me with doubles and trebles alike. It seems to me that you are only struggling on doubles

Howdy,
Pleased to answer.

I am still developing my darting skills as a beginner, and primarily play practice 50q1 games by my self vs computer. Or just do practice drills , or warm up throwing for 15-25 minutes in a form of meditation.

I was slow starting to begin practicing my outshots , learning them none the less.

So I am comfortable scoring now and have found a number of barrels I have balanced to score with, and move consistently around the board.

Lately , I moved onto just picking random numbers in My head between 24-180 and checking them out mentally , subtracting each dart as thrown, hit or miss. Which I, not sure is a good idea, I wasn having trouble adding my three shots then subtracting from my score total, so I decided to try and deduct each dart as  it lands, problem being. IT interrupts My rhythm.

to answer your questions 

Is this the case and are you just not so worried about missing trebles (as long as you hit the right single) 

Well phrased....I’m not worried about missing the treble, as Long as I hit the single I was aiming for. But I am pretty lucky on trebles, 18s,19s,17s(my favorite).. I need To practice 15s and 13s. I practice 12s 9s and 11s and 16s,

Back to the original post.

I am a beginner, focused on practicing my throwing and getting consistent rythm and basic outshots .

I’m a slow learner but a dedicated enthusiast and natural talent for hand eye coordination...

REPLY TO FINAL COMMENT

I am not really struggling WITH DOUBLES ... I just haven’t practiced them as much as I should have been working them into my practice routine. 

and now that I’m comfortable with my throw, my dart set ups , length of time to warm up. I felt I was ready to start working on doubles practices, and wanted to know how valuable practice time on focusing on an individual double until I can hit them with confidence and eventually not just narrowly hit them, but hit them with authority.

I am a beginner and just leeching information from any players here willing to share.

Re reading, my original post, I was just curious to how players regarded they’re focus on outshots. Which I found answers in spades and many similar replys. Helpful for sure.

I’m just making sure I’m sticking on the right path and not getting caught up wasting time and energy trying to throw a squared double , rather than learning Outshots .

Thanks

m
I always aim for the centre, 70% of the time it hits the centre. When I first started playing they were landing all over the bed, but now I try to hit at least around 50% of the area I'm aiming for.

A good way to practice is placing a dart on the outside of the double to the centre as a marker, but not in the way of the path of the incoming dart. Muscle memory will take over eventually, and the less you actually think about hitting the more you will. I believe darts is psychological just as much as the physical side of things.
Darts:
Target Carrera C5 Pixel Grip (23g)
8 Flight Fixed Black Short Shafts
8 Flight No.2 Standard Black Flights
Target Storm Nano Grip Black 26mm Points

Setup:
Unicorn Eclipse HD2 Pro Edition Board
Unicorn Striker Black Surround
Target Corona Vision Light System

180's: 
2019: 70
2018: 27

(06-11-2019, 07:42 PM)Dan180 Wrote: I always aim for the centre, 70% of the time it hits the centre. When I first started playing they were landing all over the bed, but now I try to hit at least around 50% of the area I'm aiming for.

A good way to practice is placing a dart on the outside of the double to the centre as a marker, but not in the way of the path of the incoming dart. Muscle memory will take over eventually, and the less you actually think about hitting the more you will. I believe darts is psychological just as much as the physical side of things.

Thanks!!! 

The placing the dart outside the double is a great idea. That is how I started hitting my first 180. I would Place one dart in the t20 and the next two would folllowin every time,  now  when I hit my first dart i have something to aim for other than the bed.

Can’t wait to try with the doubles!
Thanks for the suggestion and reply!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why are my darts landing at strange angles? MrsWarrior 14 7,584 03-13-2015, 07:51 PM
Last Post: guest2