Doubles , not landing in middle
I am hitting a fair percentage of My doubles / outs , all though, they are never really in the middle . 
They are always on the outer edges more often then not. 

Not appearing to be a clean double / out shot.

I’m still happy to hit them wherever they land , but , to notice this happening frequently, it’s  got Me wondering, should I try and tune my accuracy up? 

Feels a bit sloppy...

It could be that I’m watching too many PDC events with perfect outshots in the middle of the double.

Even when I practice doubles I’m just happy to hit them wherever and move on to the next one.

I guess it cant hurt to always try and improve your accuracy.

Has anyone else progressed from settling on being happy to hit the double, to focusing on hitting cleaner outshots ?

Thanks
Seek ye first the Kingdom of God
Unless you have a dart in the way, should be aiming centre of the bed to allow the most margin of error.  Just use that as your aiming point - the rest will come.  Smile
(06-02-2019, 02:54 AM)nixer55 Wrote: Unless you have a dart in the way, should be aiming centre of the bed to allow the most margin of error.  Just use that as your aiming point - the rest will come.  Smile

Hmm!
I guess I am giving my eyes  too much of a  margin to aim for by aiming for the entire bed as a whole.

I will try focusing on the middle point. 

I can see see how my brain justifys just going for the double As a whole, I need To re train my brain and eyes to focus on the centre. 
Lol
Earlier this year, I guy in our league was having problems doubling in.  I asked him what number he was aiming for.  He replied - "I aim for the side of the board".  I replied - "that's part of your problem."  His strategy was fine, but just hoping for any double on the side is not the best idea.  You need a specific target.

Aiming for the whole double is pretty much the same thing.  A precise aiming point allows for more margin of error than a general spot. 

cheers
Video 
(06-02-2019, 03:35 AM)nixer55 Wrote: Earlier this year, I guy in our league was having problems doubling in.  I asked him what number he was aiming for.  He replied - "I aim for the side of the board".  I replied - "that's part of your problem."  His strategy was fine, but just hoping for any double on the side is not the best idea.  You need a specific target.

Aiming for the whole double is pretty much the same thing.  A precise aiming point allows for more margin of error than a general spot. 

cheers

?

Hey man, 

“Ask and you shall receive “

“If you don’t ask, you don’t get .”

Something I learned a little ways back, the source of the saying that really clicked with me was from an old friend who said it when I was stuck in a jam and needed help with something in his field...one of those moments in life where a saying actually rings true . He had his struggles but carried wisdom beyond his age.

So . 

I feel no sorrow posting threads seeking answers , when I have thousands of intellectual dart nuts sitting on mountains of experience .

Thank you.
Wait until an intellectual Nutz with mountains of experience jumps in.  We'll really be cooking with gas!  Tongue
(06-02-2019, 04:02 AM)nixer55 Wrote: Wait until an intellectual Nutz with mountains of experience jumps in.  We'll really be cooking with gas!  Tongue

Lol!!!

You know what I mean 

I appreciate you taking your own personal experiences, and applying the relativity to my concern / question..

I think you solved this one for me, 

Hard to not be happy  with a double out hit wherever it lands.

But for practicing , it could benefit greatly to your game  To focus on centre shot doubles .

Cheers!!
Anyone else have anything to chip in please share.

Thanks!!
@ Nixxer you have offered a very reasonable and accurate response to my query .

Thank you .
A double is a double, if it's in it doesn't matter where it hits in the bed, quit over thinking everything just play
(06-02-2019, 04:36 AM)Crusher17 Wrote: A double is a double, if it's in it doesn't matter where it hits in the bed, quit over thinking everything just play

I get this a lot  from you Crusher....lol....Over thinking is a evil of its own

I understand the point touching the bed still counts. My thinking was the same.

I’m still at a stage Wherre I want to improve my playing. 

I was Just wondering if I should Be trying to improve accuracy and go for clean  outshots .

I over think when I’m done playing for the night and browsing the forum before bed and my mind starts racing.

Nixxer offered valuable insight to my question , and it makes a lot of sense to focus on the centre of the Bed instead of just looking at the full bed as a target and in turn broadening my throws aim - opening up possibility for complete miss ., hopefully this will Imrpove my accuracy all around.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why are my darts landing at strange angles? MrsWarrior 14 7,565 03-13-2015, 07:51 PM
Last Post: guest2