9ft oche
(06-07-2019, 12:31 AM)nixer55 Wrote: Had a chap in our league who argued his shoe might be over, but his actual foot was not.  Had to watch his counting too. Wink

Lol @ that.
Seek ye first the Kingdom of God
(06-07-2019, 12:31 AM)nixer55 Wrote: Think quite a few folks without a raised oche throw 8' plus.  I find looking down for the line distracting, so always position myself to be well clear.  Of course, there's always a few who'll crowd the line no matter what.  Tongue

Had a chap in our league who argued his shoe might be over, but his actual foot was not.  Had to watch his counting too. Wink

This is why in proper league or tournament play you should always use a raised oche.
When I’m having a really bad stretch and can’t get anything to go right, I sometimes practice from 8’ or 9’ out just for laughs. When I go back in to the standard distance, things start going a lot better with surprising speed.

On another note .... If anybody would like to have a quick learning experience in how bad things can get, try shooting some 10g to 14g ultralights from 9’. If your experience is anything like mine, you’ll find that your average will drop like a rock and that when you go back to your regular darts at the standard distance, your shooting will bounce right back and you’ll feel like a hero.
(06-07-2019, 12:31 AM)nixer55 Wrote: .....Had a chap in our league who argued his shoe might be over, but his actual foot was not.  Had to watch his counting too. Wink
There’s one way to verify whether a BS excuse like that is true or not.   It’s called “the nail test."   You take a nail and drive it through his shoe right at the oche line.   If that clown is correct, the nail won’t go through any of his toes.    Be sure to position the nail where his big toe would be, since that one is the most forward-placed of the five toes.