Custom made darts
(05-29-2019, 01:29 PM)Craddyson Wrote: Hiya
I am looking at purchasing some custom made darts, but need to send the specs/drawings for them to be made.

Does anyone know any user friendly apps or something I could use to design my perfect darts?

A simple sketch is usually all we would need, doesn't need to be anything fancy.
MadHouse Darts
Facebook Page

MadHouse Darts
E-Mail: info@custommadedarts.com
(05-29-2019, 06:51 PM)Cateye Wrote: If someone wants to try a 3D software, i recommend Tinkercad for your first steps.
It is a free online (runs in your browser) 3D modeling software and was made "specifically for kids and people with no experience in 3D".

I tried it for 10 minutes, seems to do the job quit easy, but you still have to invest a few hours to design your first dart.

http://www.tinkercad.com

Fusion360 is also from Autodesk and is also free for students and hobiests, but is much more complex.   Tinkercad is helping me to learn, thank you!
Levonster  Out! 
CAD is not super user friendly overall. I've spent a bunch of hours doing it, and most of the free options I have seen have a pretty high bar for entry to using it for modeling something in 3D which are as detailed as barrels. You're likely to get much faster results drawing them by hand unless you also have experience using CAD apps.
Darts:
- 2019 Unicorn T90 26 gram barrels, with Target Onyx points, Target Pro Grip Spinner Short (20mm barrel to flight) stems, Pentathlon punched standard flights, and Target Titanium Pro Grip Rings
- Hammerhead Smooth 20 gram barrels, with Roto Hammer points, alloy extra-short stems, and Pentathlon 150 micron standard flights
- 1991 Unicorn T90 20 gram barrels, with Target Onyx points, Cosmo Fit Shaft GEAR SLIM Spinning #3 stems (24mm Fit Shaft GEAR), and Fit Flight Standard flights
To start off with, I would speak with whoever you are getting them made by (I recommend Anthony at custom made darts).

His knowledge is amazing and he can tell you exactly what he needs to be able to make your perfect set of darts
(05-30-2019, 09:33 PM)rich345 Wrote: To start off with, I would speak with whoever you are getting them made by (I recommend Anthony at custom made darts).

His knowledge is amazing and he can tell you exactly what he needs to be able to make your perfect set of darts

Does he have a website and costs?
https://custommadedarts.com/

Price is £55 for a customised set. He also used to run madhouse darts who were a sponsor of this site. He has a Facebook page too where they post a lot of pics of their latest custom darts.

(05-30-2019, 09:37 PM)Craddyson Wrote:
(05-30-2019, 09:33 PM)rich345 Wrote: To start off with, I would speak with whoever you are getting them made by (I recommend Anthony at custom made darts).

Does he have a website and costs?
(05-29-2019, 03:26 PM)mc1958 Wrote: I used MSPaint - cut up sections of existing darts and joined them all in one frankenstein mash up lol.  Added the dimensions I wanted and Tony did a first class job of making them for me.

I did exactly the same as this.

Nothing like your own set of custom made darts.
Back playing and having fun!

2018:-   180`s:-6 Shy ,   High Finish:-141 (T20, T19, D12)  Big Grin
Graph paper, a ruler and a pencil for me. And an eraser of course Smile
Monster Helios 3 22g
Short black L Style carbon silent stems 
Black shape L Style flights 
Gold champagne caps 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Looking For Custom Darts ej007 6 888 06-28-2016, 12:44 PM
Last Post: Eyebala