Bart Starr, quarterback of the Green Bay Packers under Vince Lombardi has died
Just saw this on the net.   He passed away in Birmingham, Alabama after a long period of ill health brought on by strokes and heart attacks going as far back as 2014.   He was 85 years old.

Under Lombardi's coaching and with Bart Starr at the helm, the Packers ran off 5 Championships and won the first 2 Super Bowls, with Starr being named MVP both games.    I loved watching the Packers as a kid on the old black and white TV and if you happened to have one with a 25 inch screen, you were rich.      My, how times have changed.

RIP Mr. Starr
gumbo2176
R.I.P. Bart.
If you know what I'm doing, don't tell me ..... I find bliss in my confusion.   

I’m a Life long packers fan and an admirer of Bart... literally Broke my heart when I heard the news this morning... one of my hero’s and one of the greatest to play the game has left us. R.I.P. Bart. 
#packersforlife
Darts: 21.5 gm monster cobra I no.5 soft tips
Flights: l-style Jelle klassen blackout 
Shafts: Silver/black supergrip carbons.
Favorite players: Simon Whitlock, Jelle klaasen
2019 180’s: 9/12
2019 Hat: 121/130
2019 highlights: finished game with a 6.45mpr in cricket and lost. 
Won my first tournament! (1/25/19)
“My biggest problem in life, is overcoming myself... but once I defeated myself, all that was left was peace”-Kevin Gates
RIP Bart Starr. I grew up with him and the super bowl. They still play the game but things were different in those days.
(05-27-2019, 01:31 AM)SlingBlade Wrote: RIP Bart Starr. I grew up with him and the super bowl. They still play the game but things were different in those days.

In those days, they were well paid working men .... not multi-million dollar premadonnas !!!
If you know what I'm doing, don't tell me ..... I find bliss in my confusion.   

(05-27-2019, 01:41 AM)Borisbbadd Wrote:
(05-27-2019, 01:31 AM)SlingBlade Wrote: RIP Bart Starr. I grew up with him and the super bowl. They still play the game but things were different in those days.

In those days, they were well paid working men .... not multi-million dollar premadonnas !!!

Amen to that.   I would think Bart Starr's entire career earnings didn't come close to what current quarterbacks are making just in pre-season play for a year.
gumbo2176
Did a quick check and found that Starr was paid about $84K in 67 and earned a $15K bonus for winning the Super Bowl that year.

Current NFL quarterbacks make that in less than 1 quarter of play.
gumbo2176
Amazing bit of trivia. Makes me sick to watch some of the games these days, the player antics, but I'm all in like millions of others.
RIP Bart ,you were definitely a star
Starr a great player in his day and a legend of the game, RIP Bart.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Grandad died Troll 36 1,528 02-18-2017, 05:54 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Team mate died this morning *Saber* 15 2,718 06-07-2013, 06:33 PM
Last Post: Infiniti Darts