New Barney darts on the way
Hi guys,

Just came across a Dutch article where Barney hints on a new set of Target darts made after the old Triple B set he's using the last couple of weeks. 

Here's the article and a translation:

Raymond van Barneveld is trying everything to return to the top, and dusted off the old darts he used in his glorydays. The 52 year-old from The Hague is using the Triple B darts the last couple of weeks, the darts he used to win the 1999, 2003 and 2005 BDO World title. "I found them again somewhere in a drawer" van Barneveld says. "I thought, let's try these again." In the meantime, his material sponsor Target has reproduced the darts in all it's detail. This means the five-time world champion may get some new champions darts in his hands. For the time being Barney is looking for his best form. His next performance will be on the Dutch Darts Masters in Zwolle. "I'm happy to play on a Dutch tournament again. Hopefully it will all fall into place again".

[Image: Svy0bBF.jpg]

What do you guys think?
Currently throwing: DartsClearance 22 grams

180's in 2018: 14 
180's in 2019: 4 (3-4-2019)
No surprise Target are releasing copies of them in all honesty.

Given the Target pricing criteria along with it also being Barney's final year though, I would be surprised if they aren't priced similar to the 95's - although given they are a very basic dart they should really only be priced at a similar amount as the Cross/O'Shea/Evans/etc darts (albeit Winmau knock out a similar dart with paint on for even less than those - ie the Ton Machines!!).
Oh, and not sure what picture you are trying to post as I can't see it - try uploading it to imgur instead of whatever you are trying to do.
(05-24-2019, 07:44 AM)mc1958 Wrote: Oh, and not sure what picture you are trying to post as I can't see it - try uploading it to imgur instead of whatever you are trying to do.

I'm sorry, I've changed the image. Is it working now?

Yes, it's showing now - good job you translated it already Big Grin
(05-24-2019, 08:02 AM)mc1958 Wrote: Yes, it's showing now - good job you translated it already Big Grin

Haha good to hear, you're welcome  Smile

Nice to know...never threw the Triple Bs, but i love the Unicorn "replica" Phase 1.

I'm looking forward to the new darts.
[Image: aviary-image-1546527737695-02.jpg]
He posted that article and I saw reference to the Triple B, but didn't know what it was about. This should be interesting
Nice the triple bs were my second proper set of darts, I had the red ring Argos bristows but fell in love with the triple bs.

I hope target don't over engineer them, keep them how they were, wonder if they will get the ghost grip treatment or just plain tungsten?
23g dobey phase 2
Extra short stems
Target no2 flights

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Darts for Barney? The Jester 6 436 03-27-2018, 11:40 AM
Last Post: lovejoy