no pressure 180
Just a quick intro on this:

I call my Mom, to check in on her, at least once a day. She's nearly 90 now and lives across the country. Enough said.

Many is the time I'll chuck some darts with her on the phone and I can't count the number of times I've nailed massive scores. 

So, how can I throw like that when there's points to be gained? I try and just tell myself it  doesn't matter with 2 darts thrown, but we all know it does matter LOL.

Anybody else have this happen or any advice to get the pressure off the throw to give better results?
Can't tell you the how - but pretty sure I know the why.  'Cause you're not thinking about. Wink
I wish I had an answer for you .... and me.
Too many times I've put 2 in the triple 20, called the wife in to witness the third, only to bounce it off the wall. Smile
If you know what I'm doing, don't tell me ..... I find bliss in my confusion.   

Well the two of you answered your problem by what you typed, Slings is not thinking and hitting, then thinking about it to much and not hitting, Boris is stopping a good shot to call the wife in, not rocket science
Couple of week ago I was on the phone with a friend. Didn’t even have my match darts. Threw 3 180s and a couple og 140s in 8 minutes... Only once before have I thrown 3 180s in 24 hours, never mind in one session!

Ofcourse this made me start experimenting with different darts again, and my game has suffered ever since

Time to recommit to the gamers again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I try to sort of turn off cognitive function and go into autopilot. No reaction until the last dart hits the board.
Rhythm helps but experience is everything.
I used to throw pretty good with a drink of alky haul in my hand. Maybe time to go back to the strong stuff?

Trying to turn off the brain is tough and relax has always been an issue for me.
Just never hang the phone up Smile
I try to concentrate on "repeat the last two throws, they were nice".
(05-24-2019, 04:32 AM)LPPK Wrote: Just never hang the phone up Smile

Perfect answer to a problem that we all must wonder about from time to time: is it ok to hang up the phone in the middle of a conversation with our Mom's LOL

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why do we feel pressure? FirstMM 1 568 09-10-2017, 10:59 AM
Last Post: Dorian
  Finally hit a pressure double Dart_Vader 11 1,355 07-21-2017, 03:27 PM
Last Post: Dart_Vader
  team pressure jbizzle 7 1,201 06-16-2017, 10:06 AM
Last Post: Pundy79
  Pressure and how it affects your darts game neil180 8 1,091 06-01-2017, 03:53 PM
Last Post: nixer55