Attention Dart Gurus! need help @ repointing
Hey all????? 

I’ve decided to order a point changing tool. Repointer 

I would very much appreciate a general consensus on the best rated / reputable / simple dart point changing tool...

I’ve got the Designa one in cart now..

Also, a array of point to choose from, tried and tested , I don’t think I want any grooved ones that damage board....I do like the stock points on Gary Anderson p3 with the e etchings at back ,along with that length,..I believe they are 38mm..Designa  has black 38mm points

I would like a bit longer than stock, design , colour / coating .

I just want to make sure they will all be compatible with my darts and not result in crack offs

I have probably . 4 sets I would like to change

Questions .  Should you put same manufacture points into manufacturer barrels?

I apologies if I can comb throughout the forum for My if Query’s .

Thank you all.

Going on DC to start browsing,
Seek ye first the Kingdom of God
WHat length of points should I be going for ??? I want a bit longer than stock on most manufacturers . And as long As unicorns Gary ando WC PHASE 3.

Is 38mm too long ???

Please let me know.
Alright , I’ve got some studying to do...or experimenting.....the points may be 38mm, but could require 6mm to be lost while securing them in the barrels.....

Luckily Points are Cheap....I’ll have to figure out what I like exposed.....measure myself..and just order $30-40 of points ...lol

And a new set of darts.......?

Need a higher quality version of Designa black shadows or something similar. The quantum’s looked nice Nixxer has.

Something with deep ring gooves for grip, good width and between 43-49mm
Not the most experienced repointer by any stretch, but I've repointed my P3's and a few other sets.  I'll stick with that setup because I know it.  You probably won't want that point on your other sets, so making no suggestions there.

I use the Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile .  Works well enough for me.  I put CD MK2 38mm points on my P3's, and my Harrows Veridians as well.  Don't see those points on DC right now, so might be out of stock.  Got mine from Madhouse, which of course is no longer an option.  Here's a link to Doubletop Darts showing what I mean:

Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile

There is a Canadian guy on ebay.ca (the-dart-guy) that's got CD MK2's, but lists them as 36mm.  Not sure why, thought the MK2's came in 32 and 38.  Could check him out as well.

Good luck!
HMm okay thanks a lot as usual...

Looking At these darts now

https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...s_id=19836
I have used my Designa re pointer many times and it is still going strong, I would recommend buying a micrometer to check point thickness before you pull the points of any set you want to change.
[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register 
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
20 gram Darts Clearance, Harrows super grip fusion stems, Rapide flights with Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average                 

(05-23-2019, 07:27 AM)JChrisTheFish Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Thanks!

Is this is to ensure they will fit in the barrel tightly ?
I'll reiterate what I said in the shoutbox.  Wouldn't recommend repointing all your darts, that doesn't make much sense to me.  The ones I've repointed needed it done, or I was unhappy with the point length or feel. I do like finger grip points on some darts, but not all.  Much depends on the barrel design and how you grip them.

Edit:  Going over the thread, I see you mention 4 sets.  I'd still go slow to make sure you're getting the feel you want.  You can always order more points.  Even in Canada, points and shipping are cheap. Wink
(05-23-2019, 02:25 PM)nixer55 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Thanks,

I’ve figured out the lengths on my current barrels .

I wouldn’t do them all at once . 

Just figure it would make sense to order the repointer and a handfull of points incase I ever decide to change them.

Rather then ordering points in seperate orders . 

Thanks for the reply .

I would like to even replace points on some of my darts with same  stock length but maybe a differnt coating, and my points need some changing they have hit tile a couple times.

[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
Well I’ve gotten the help i needed and wanted from several dartnut members and forum threads.

I would like to option of some gold coated points, and back up replacement points for my existing barrels when the time comes to replace them.

I will keep the lengths the same on the barrels I replace to maintain balance.

Thanks again

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Repointing RVB 95s...! Poidisb 7 288 10-16-2018, 08:06 PM
Last Post: Poidisb