Tournaments
Thinking of entering a few local tournaments at the moment my game average is around about 55 which can go up and down by about 10 or so points if I'm playing bad or decent. To be fair when I play in the pub against players I don't really know and of course after a few beers my average seems to go up by a good bit.
Just wondering should I start playing in some local tournaments. Obviously I love playing the game but just haven't play in a proper tournament although i do okay and practice all the time.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk
Do it - even if you get beaten it's all good experience, and you never know you may surprise yourself and win a match or two
(05-20-2019, 07:36 PM)mc1958 Wrote: Do it - even if you get beaten it's all good experience, and you never know you may surprise yourself and win a match or two
Thanks Mc yeah that's what I was thinking wouldnt mind getting beaten in the 1st or 2nd round at all could be a good laugh and an experience if nothing else

Give it a shot.
If you know what I'm doing, don't tell me ..... I find bliss in my confusion.   

(05-20-2019, 07:20 PM)Mairtin Seoige Wrote: Thinking of entering a few local tournaments at the moment my game average is around about 55 which can go up and down by about 10 or so points if I'm playing bad or decent. To be fair when I play in the pub against players I don't really know and of course after a few beers my average seems to go up by a good bit.
Just wondering should I start playing in some local tournaments. Obviously I love playing the game but just haven't play in a proper tournament although i do okay and practice all the time.

It's a good learning experience.   When you say "tournaments" are you referring to local Blind Draw types or individual events where it's you against another player as they are drawn from the pool of players?

Blind draws are a great place to start.   Mostly local players of mixed ability and if lucky, you may draw one of the better local players who's on his game that night and walk out with a little cash at the end of the night---------then again, you may just wind up paying your bar tab------don't ask how I know this....LOL

Every time you enter one of these type events, you will get more comfortable with the format and relax and play your darts like you would practicing and not be all anxious.

Go for it and have some fun.
gumbo2176
Luck of the Draw is how it all started for me. Good fun if it's managed right.

Give it a go. Worse that can happen is you lose in the first round. On second thought, the worse to happen would be to develop a wet spot on the front of your trousers.
Best to happen is get with like-minded people for a night of fun. Who says a team captain isn't there looking to fill a spot on the roster?
SPACE FOR RENT