Blade 4 Dual Core review
(10-07-2014, 11:30 AM)Getagrip Wrote: Strange as to why its gone hard though?

yeah i thought so too. its weird as i have turned it 4 times in the last ten days, and every time the 20 section has developed a rock hard spot very quickly. the point will only go in 1 or 2mm before it hits the rock hard section. most times the dart falls out. around the hard spots the board still feels as it did. as i say after 8 months heavy use i have no real complaint. a couple of the hard spots are in the T20 and in those areas you can see the sisal has sunk back a little. the odd thing is the bull is still absolutely fine.

i would have no hesitation in buying another one, but as is often the case with us darters i feel like trying something new.
Im in the same spot rich, there's a couple sections that are extremely hard and can barely push a dart into. The darts are still somewhat holding but now it's in my head and know it will get worse. I've loved this board though, but I'm with you, not sure if i'm going to try something new. I've had mine now for bout 4 months and while it has plenty of life left in it, it might be time to be considering a new board.
Match Darts: 23g MasterDarts Gold MVG's or Gary Anderson phase 3
Highest out 155 (T-19 T-20 D-19) Big Grin
2015 180's Goal Progress: 108/180

Hi!

My old dartboard is getting very worn out and is in need of replacement.
I'm getting a Blade 4 or a Blade 4 DCm but after reading that the Dual Core get's hard after a couple of months use I don't know....

Does anyone have suggestions about wich board might be most durable? (Blade 4 or Blade 4 DC)

And of course, if there already is a thread about this please let me know, I searched but didn't find this particular subject.
Darts:                                                                 Board:                                Utils:
24g Target Phil Taylor Power 9 Five                    One80 Gladiator II               Pro Darter,  http://pro-darter.com
22g Harrows Savage

Number of 180's:           Highest checkout: 
4                                    85 (T15 D20)

to be honest my board only went hard around the T20 segments and only after 8 months of very hard use. I have brought a new one because in the end i have never had pro level board last as long. i also love the rota lock system and the seamless dual core construction. my last blade 4 only lasted around 4 months as a comparison.
My board has went hard in places too, I've had a lot of darts being spat out and some of my trebles are terribly hard, darts are just barely sticking even with scuffed points. I've had my for 6 months, use it about an hour a day.

First board really so don't know if that's good wear or not. I'm not so happy with it now as a lot of scores end up on the floor.....

I can see other people are getting the same thing, strange or normal on a board?
180's: 67
Best 501: 17 (webcam darts) 15 (practice)
Best Finish: 130 (webcam darts) 160 (practice)
Darts
Winmau Ted Hankey 24g
[Image: DODLCOMPETITOR1_zpsff2d8071.png]
Not noticed it on mine but I wonder if it has something to do with the way the 2 layers are stuck together?
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
Try the bulls adv 3 been going strong for a yr. Great board!!
Ted Hankey  - 25g with Storms
Monster COBRA 2 22g with storms
Monster REY SOL 22g with storms
Power 9Fives v2 26g with storm smooth
Taylor Gen 3 24g with Storms
Target Haruki Muramatsu Rising Sun 22g

[Image: eZi4B3u_zps02f3488f.png]

[url=http://s571.photobucket.com/user/andjayik/media/eZi4B3u_zps02f3488f.png.html][/url]
got my dual core today from argos for £26...its a belter,really impressed...the thing is though.....its for xmas!!!!!....torture,she let me inspect it in case it was a dodgy board,but wont let me have a throw!!!aahhh..
Angel
I got one from Argos last week - the rota lock system is no good for me as I use the Unicorn wall clamp for my boards, but I'm pleased with it so far
Had mine under a week now, no problems except some of the holes don't seem to 'heal' that well?
Board - Gladiator 2 

Darts - Unicorn Aiden Kirk 22g

Best Leg 12 darts at last! 29/12/2017
Best Checkout 164

[Image: N9nezdF.png]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core dartboard review Getagrip 70 35,624 10-12-2019, 11:45 AM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Winmau Blade 5 dartboard review Getagrip 65 22,529 12-21-2018, 11:09 PM
Last Post: Spencerdl
  WINMAU Blade 4 Review useroldaccount 7 11,633 07-20-2015, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sbroon