Blade 4 Dual Core review
Great review -- thanks! And brilliant photography as always.

The Rota-Lock system looks great. Now cave-dwellers have no excuse.
26's so far this year: I've already lost count. :-)

great review. Loved the intro on video
LOL cheers Mac!

Thanks for he comments guys. If I do get tempted to remove the ring and check on the layers I will update with pics, I don't know if doing that will make the band twang off though?

Going to be fun testing this board over the next few weeks though Smile

I do wonder the same as Milky on whether the top layer has the potential to separate though?

The board will be used at the BDO 2014 World Champs though so I'm sure Winmau must be confident in its ability.
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

Subscribe to my Darts Review Channel on Youtube: CLICK HERE

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
Another good indepth review Darren +1.
Deffo like the look of the vein less finish, and nearly as smooth as your baldy head too.
One would think that while they had the threaded insert they would have put one in the center to accommodate the hanging screw, as I have seen these fail in the past, and with an over tightened rotor lock applying more pressure only time will tell. Better yet as you suggested a U-Holder, Cant see a problem with a patent on the U-Holder as I have seen two versions of these in different colours that doth fit into each other, then again maybe whoever made the white ones sold out.
Maybe just a variant on it like a decagon shaped disk to keep things in line.

Milky's post has me a bit skeptical though as I would have thought that even though we shouldnt over sharpen our darts, the wire would be hardened enough to withstand a point strike, I suppose you would start having trouble with being too brittle then and is probably a good lesson to us to sharpen our darts properly.
Could you possibly post a pic to compare the G2 bull against Milky's B4 bull? I do understand that Milky's board is hung in a pub and the bull has seen a lot more traffic than yours would have (leaving this one for someone else lol) and will take that into account.

BTW drunk apprentices, NOT GOOD!

(12-12-2013, 09:16 PM)Milkysunshine Wrote: This is the problem with a hollow bull ring. (At my local bar.) Granted, people throw darts that are too sharp. This board is 10 weeks old. I ordered just after this fall session started.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=624]
For ten weeks old abit high traffic that is disappointing (pardon the pun). I didnt know that the outer ring was hollow, it must be shaped much like a C-section or rater V-section to accommodate the checkout of the boarder wires and hide the little tab at the ends, eliminating that cog look in the 25 segment, I think WINMAU should look at hardening the bullring and this particular section a bit more as they are both thicker wires and should withstand a hit even though the extra hardness will make it more brittle.
 MATCH DARTS: 26g Robbo's

The outer and inner ring are both hollow. I've had to use needle nose pliers to fix some of the holes that you still see above. I agree this is something that should have been addressed with the dual core.
They may have to call it a Blade 5 if they changed the spider though. I doubt a home board will get as much of a battering as that unless you practice a lot of hours everyday.

I understand your concern about the screw in the back G to me its an area that should have some improvement made.

I can post a pic of my G2 Bull but it wont be worth much as a comparison as it has not had much action in that area lol.
If you are a guest browsing this forum, why not join up, we're a friendly bunch here and love to welcome new membersSmile Click HERE to join

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

An email I got from Ian Flack of Winmau, explains the problem with the green ink, apparently the first batch that were made used the old type of green ink:

Thanks very much for the reviews!! We’ve already sent them out via social media, and we really value and appreciate your kind comments.

The board will be more durable than the standard Blade, so we hope you have no issues here.

Well spotted with regard to the green! You’re one of only a handful of people with enough knowledge to pick up on this! The green on the initial batch didn’t use the new ink system, as this was still in development. However, it’s been sorted now and so future boards will all be the same as the black and red. It doesn’t affect the playability or durability of the board in any way.

Cheers

Ian

Ian Flack
Sales and Marketing Director

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Great Review,need to get this one,soon!!
Cheers!

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

Well I put my dual core up yesterday and had an hour on it last night. First impression are that it is a lovely board. It is not as bright as my unicorn hd but I prefer the silver spider to the white one on the hd. The number ring looks very odd after using the hd. It looks like the numbers were drawn by a 5 year old. The board itself is much firmer than the eclipse hd but not so firm that darts would fall out. I will do an update after I have played for a few more hours but my first impression is that it is better than the hd.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Winmau Blade 5 Dual Core dartboard review Getagrip 68 34,198 01-12-2019, 04:34 PM
Last Post: Jockyoche78
  Winmau Blade 5 dartboard review Getagrip 65 21,383 12-21-2018, 11:09 PM
Last Post: Spencerdl
  WINMAU Blade 4 Review useroldaccount 7 11,455 07-20-2015, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sbroon