Bullseyes
Any tips or suggestions to improve on bulls?  I have more success hitting trips and doubles and it is so frustrating.  Change in the position of my arm to the board since in the middle, speed, etc.  I am a tall guy at 6'4" and bullseyes seem to be tough for me far too often.  Thanks.
I found a video of John Lowe saying that he always warms up on the bulls. Everything radiates out from there, so if you are dialed in there, you should theoretically be successful anywhere. I've been warming up on the bulls ever since and I've certainly seen improvement in my bull hitting abilities. Also helps if you aim for a spot within the bull, not just the entire area. I like to aim for the top wire of the double bull.
You have just to throw constantly at it... I'm used to warming up on hit and I've improved a lot.
(05-16-2019, 11:34 PM)wzywg Wrote: I found a video of John Lowe saying that he always warms up on the bulls. Everything radiates out from there, so if you are dialed in there, you should theoretically be successful anywhere. I've been warming up on the bulls ever since and I've certainly seen improvement in my bull hitting abilities. Also helps if you aim for a spot within the bull, not just the entire area. I like to aim for the top wire of the double bull.

Bulls should be the easiest and that makes sense to me.  I believe the entire bull area is 2 1/2 times that area of the triple segment and this is why I am asking for any specific tips that would allow me to be more consistent.  I am constantly hitting the wire or just outside the wire and am baffled at how close I seem to constantly miss.  LOL
(05-16-2019, 09:54 PM)DeezBullsEyes Wrote: Any tips or suggestions to improve on bulls?  I have more success hitting trips and doubles and it is so frustrating.  Change in the position of my arm to the board since in the middle, speed, etc.  I am a tall guy at 6'4" and bullseyes seem to be tough for me far too often.  Thanks.

So, are you saying you are losing your Cricket games on Bulls??? Big Grin 

Oh, and if you don't want to beat the hell out of your Bull practicing, find a spot on either side of it in the same height and throw for that area.    It could be the T- 13 or T-11 area and if that area gets a bit worn, just rotate the board a bit for a fresh area.

My boards wear out most on the Bull as I have folks come by that play and there is a fair amount of Cricket being thrown.
gumbo2176
(05-17-2019, 01:49 PM)DeezBullsEyes Wrote:
(05-16-2019, 11:34 PM)wzywg Wrote: I found a video of John Lowe saying that he always warms up on the bulls. Everything radiates out from there, so if you are dialed in there, you should theoretically be successful anywhere. I've been warming up on the bulls ever since and I've certainly seen improvement in my bull hitting abilities. Also helps if you aim for a spot within the bull, not just the entire area. I like to aim for the top wire of the double bull.

Bulls should be the easiest and that makes sense to me.  I believe the entire bull area is 2 1/2 times that area of the triple segment and this is why I am asking for any specific tips that would allow me to be more consistent.  I am constantly hitting the wire or just outside the wire and am baffled at how close I seem to constantly miss.  LOL

Reading your reply actually prooves the point Wzywg is trying to make IMO. When focussing on the bull area as a total, your dart is likely to land somewhere in that region. But of you can aim at a small segment of the bull, for instance dead centre, that your chances of hitting the bull increases. Ofcourse, all of these advices only work with enough practice. Don’t expert brilliant results in the next couple of days
I like the "1 out 1 in" technique, same as when going for double 1, throw one dart to close proximity of the general area you are aiming for then try and use that one as a visual marker or a bouncer for the second and third dart.
23g dobey phase 2
Extra short stems
Target no2 flights
One of the first things I learned when playing soft tip is to aim for a hole....not a segment. the theory is if you just miss the hole your aiming at, you should still be in the segment you want...easier said then done...it takes a lot of concentration to keep aiming at that hole instead of....for lack of a better explanation, letting your mind expand the target size...meaning aiming for the segment. You need to be very proficient at the bull in soft tip so I spent 2-3 days throwing mainly bulls...or at them...lol....it did help a lot....by the end of the 3rd day I could grab all the darts out with one hand...and I use 6 darts to practice when working on stuff like that. You can do it......
Thanks guys. I am occasionally losing at Cricket or making games much closer than they should. I will aim for a smaller area. I will continue to practice at bulls.
Update - So I have been hitting bullseye with a bit more consistency lately. The bulls I do hit are now more often double bulls also as I am trying to focus on targeting a smaller area. I also realized that I tend to take much longer when throwing for bulls instead of throwing with a nice rhythm like I do when throwing at other areas of the board. I always tell others to not stand at the oche in a fixed position long but did not ealize that I was doing this when aiming for bulls.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best Board for Bullseyes Crusher17 10 856 03-23-2017, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Getagrip