Manufacturer comparison
How do you view the world of darts manufacturers? What would you compare them too?
I should say I'm a fan of all manufacturers so this is just a bit of fun!

Target: like the new kid in school, a little bit naughty and wild but destined to be the most popular kid

Unicorn: the post grad, been there seen it and done it all, but still hanging about outside the school gates.

Winmau: the reliable kid, always on time no back chat a model pupil.

Red dragon: winmau's crazier brother a geek at heart but the cool kids like him.

Harrow's: the comfy old relative that picks you up from school, their house is a bit quirky but secretly you love going there for a cup of tea and cake after school.

Can't think of any more for the other manufacturers.
23g dobey phase 2
Extra short stems
Target no2 flights
My favourite manufacturer used to be Red Dragon. I felt like they were doing some innovative stuff and charging reasonable prices.

For a good while now I've liked Target as I think they took over the mantle of being most innovative.

Currently, I really like the look of some Shot barrels.

The only brand I don't like is Unicorn. It annoys me that the diameter of the join between their stems and barrels is different to everybody else. Plus, I don't like the smooth silver points they put in their darts.
I like all brands i buy a set cause of the design not the name on it
I am a winmau fan. Reliable, quality products, has been making excellent darts products over many years.
Boards, darts, score keepers, mats, oches etc etc.

Unicorn is boring. Every dart they have has a name signed on it. Nothing original and on its own.
Target tried to reinvent the dart, with pixel grips, ten x and no6 flights.....and have a superb marketing department.
If they're under £15 and with the perfect dimensions, then I would even buy a Microsoft or Apple dart (even though they would probably both crash)
Most of the brands listed there are manufactured by outsourced factories, they are not the manufacturer themselves, rather a company and owner. So I find it inappropriate to call them manufacturer.

As far as I know, only Cosmo Darts, Harrows, Elkadart, Puma Darts, Bottelsen and other Japanese brands are true manufacturers.
Fav Dart : Harrows Nemesis 22g softip & RAZR Bulbous  20g softip
Shaft      : Harrows Heavy Metal 4g, Harrows Aztec 2g
Flight      : Harrows Hologram Fantail, Dimplex, Velos
Points     : Harrows H-Points, CHEAP Harrows Conversion Points
Board     : Harrows Pro Matchplay
OCD Darter!! Shy

Not the manufacturer its the design.
[Image: 2e2gdae.jpg]
I buy a dart that appeals to me, not the manufacturer.
If you know what I'm doing, don't tell me ..... I find bliss in my confusion.   

Harrows or Red Dragon for me.
Unicorn has an appropriate name.
So.....of the dart companies out there, where are they actually made?
I thought Target made their own in the UK, along with Harrows and Winmau.
I believe Unicorn is out in China...with poor quality control, if their boards were anything to go by.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rob cross comparison The Niner 2 443 04-26-2018, 04:08 PM
Last Post: Noj
  Dart set comparison testing SpoonyG 6 437 02-25-2018, 02:27 PM
Last Post: wongerchi
  Which Manufacturer Has The Best Quality Darts? portsetonloyal 20 2,664 10-23-2017, 05:50 PM
Last Post: bkbum
  best manufacturer right now B2B180 45 6,935 08-24-2017, 04:11 PM
Last Post: bigman27780
  Manufacturer With Thickest Points portsetonloyal 12 1,370 08-23-2017, 01:16 PM
Last Post: ChrisTheFish
  Michael Van Gerwen 23 Gram comparison XQ Max, Masterdart, Mckick Th3BigFish 30 7,837 07-11-2017, 10:01 AM
Last Post: MarcTH