Why you never give up
I was playing in a tournament this past weekend and had this happen. It was my first match in the 501 singles.I was up against a very good shooter and getting my butt kicked. I lost the 1st leg as he took out 91 with 2 darts...and onto the 2nd....best of 3 legs. I couldn't find my range and plodded along with the usual 45-41 crap. My opponent was cruising and worked his way down to 32 and I was sitting on 171. I guess he felt confident (as I would have) as he started chatting with some friends while I shot.  Now some of you know I have written about the Dart God helping me out and he must have been nearby this day. I stepped up to the oche and threw at the trip 19 and hit a fat single. Back to the top and somehow I hit 2 Trip 20's...one stacked above the other just as pretty as you please. I suck at the math part and didn't realize it until the chalker marked down 139 which left me 32....tie score...I really don't know who was more surprised...me or my opponent. It must have put some pressure on him though because he missed his out and I somehow managed to hit it.....now we are tied at 1 leg apiece. I don't think he recovered because I took the last leg from him and won the match....or stole it.
 A nice story to tell but the main point of all this is never give up...not matter how bad it looks or is....until the game is over, it's not over. Big Grin
(05-15-2019, 03:57 PM)Baloos Wrote: I was playing in a tournament this past weekend and had this happen. It was my first match in the 501 singles.I was up against a very good shooter and getting my butt kicked. I lost the 1st leg as he took out 91 with 2 darts...and onto the 2nd....best of 3 legs. I couldn't find my range and plodded along with the usual 45-41 crap. My opponent was cruising and worked his way down to 32 and I was sitting on 171. I guess he felt confident (as I would have) as he started chatting with some friends while I shot.  Now some of you know I have written about the Dart God helping me out and he must have been nearby this day. I stepped up to the oche and threw at the trip 19 and hit a fat single. Back to the top and somehow I hit 2 Trip 20's...one stacked above the other just as pretty as you please. I suck at the math part and didn't realize it until the chalker marked down 139 which left me 32....tie score...I really don't know who was more surprised...me or my opponent. It must have put some pressure on him though because he missed his out and I somehow managed to hit it.....now we are tied at 1 leg apiece. I don't think he recovered because I took the last leg from him and won the match....or stole it.
 A nice story to tell but the main point of all this is never give up...not matter how bad it looks or is....until the game is over, it's not over. Big Grin
Thanks for sharing, great story.
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Monster "Milkman" - 22.4Gm, Smooth Gold Points 36mm, Yellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

[Image: 0mbrxgh.png]

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

"Winners never quit and quiters never win."
Vincent Lombardi.

Good for you.
Ryk is currently using:-
 鈴木 未来  Jadeite 24g
::  Alamo White Short :: - Harrows 75μm Angelite Fights  :: Winmau Blade 6 ::
Timely 139! - lol.  Opponent's jaw must've nearly hit the floor.  Nice one!

cheers
(05-15-2019, 04:04 PM)nixer55 Wrote: Timely 139! - lol.  Opponent's jaw must've nearly hit the floor.  Nice one!

cheers

Wondered what that noise was....I was still trying to put MY jaw back in.....lol
Yogi-ism ..... " It ain't over till it's over."

Way to go !!!
If you know what I'm doing, don't tell me ..... I find bliss in my confusion.   

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Elbow drop, about to give the game up Tom Moon 21 4,022 06-06-2017, 03:30 AM
Last Post: alexrs21
  Never give up JayPro 1 269 02-28-2017, 06:43 PM
Last Post: Getagrip
  Give your opponent the elbow! Dorian 2 819 11-21-2016, 05:38 PM
Last Post: Joe Darts