Poll: Which is best?
Winmau Blade 5 Dc
One80 G3
One80 G2
Target Pro Tour
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
One80 G3 vs Blade 5 DC spider and other considerations
I’m torn between these 2 boards.  I’ve read loads of reviews and watched the videos. The spider on the Blade 5 seems thinner, but I have not seen them side by side. Looking for feedback on this and any other thoughts on my decision.  Also, the G2 is pretty cheap in comparison of price for me here in them US so I am considering that an option also. Is the spider on the G2 the same as the G3?   Lastly, I’m considering the Target Pro Tour board too but have found less info on it. I would be interested in how you folks on Darts Nutz would rank these 4 boards.  

Just got back into the game and will be replacing my old Nodor Supabull.
Adrian Lewis Gen 2 23g
One80 G3
Kentucky Bourbon
Once more into dartboard choice wars!  

Don't have a B5DC or a G2, but have a B5 and G3.  And some others...

The G3 plays miles better, but the spider's lifting along the bottom.  My supplier has committed to replace.  Off topic, but consider who you buy from, not just price.  Might make a difference if the unexpected happens.  If you want the best manufacturer support, hard to beat Unicorn.  Yes, Unicorn.

My B5's older, and the sisal shows it.  But the spider's pretty good, with only moderate lifting around the bull and treble ring.  In my experience, they all lift to a certain extent over time.

For steel tip, personally I'd not choose the B5DC because it's reputed to be softer than the B5.  I've heard the G2 is very good, but also quite firm.  Does firmness matter?  You bet!  Firmer boards tend to wear better in terms of the sisal.  But they're not as forgiving in case of ill thrown darts, deflections, and the like.  And you might have to scuff your points now and again.

Also think about mounting as well.  And noise.  The Winmau 'Roto-lock' system is great for uneven surfaces, but transmits sound through a wall like nothing else.  Can you fix it?  Sure, but not using parts out of the box...

Didn't vote because I only own one of the boards listed.  And there's more to think about than A, B, or C.  And I haven't even mentioned surround fit.  Those boards are slightly different diameters...
The two boards are equal to eachother overall but for very different reasons. I have the One80 G3 at home but most clubs I play at use the Blade 5 or DC. I find the Blade 5 spider thinner, less protruding and more visually appealing, however I don't see any difference with number of bounce-outs. The one exception is the bullseye as on the B5 it sticks out more than the rest of the spider and looks ugly in my opinion; I have noticed quite a few off-centre also. Playing on my G3 my hand rubs a bit when taking out the darts.

The B5, and even more so the DC version, is way softer than the G3. The sisal and how it looks over time is where the G3 wins out. I find it better wearing and repairing, retains colour and visual sharpness, better quality at the joints and the bullseye central and at the same depth as the rest of the spider.

Rotolock on B5 is good but the rotafix is so much better. Less noise and board rotation is a dream
(05-14-2019, 01:11 AM)nixer55 Wrote: Once more into dartboard choice wars!  

Don't have a B5DC or a G2, but have a B5 and G3.  And some others...

The G3 plays miles better, but the spider's lifting along the bottom.  My supplier has committed to replace.  Off topic, but consider who you buy from, not just price.  Might make a difference if the unexpected happens.  If you want the best manufacturer support, hard to beat Unicorn.  Yes, Unicorn.

My B5's older, and the sisal shows it.  But the spider's pretty good, with only moderate lifting around the bull and treble ring.  In my experience, they all lift to a certain extent over time.

For steel tip, personally I'd not choose the B5DC because it's reputed to be softer than the B5.  I've heard the G2 is very good, but also quite firm.  Does firmness matter?  You bet!  Firmer boards tend to wear better in terms of the sisal.  But they're not as forgiving in case of ill thrown darts, deflections, and the like.  And you might have to scuff your points now and again.

Also think about mounting as well.  And noise.  The Winmau 'Roto-lock' system is great for uneven surfaces, but transmits sound through a wall like nothing else.  Can you fix it?  Sure, but not using parts out of the box...

Didn't vote because I only own one of the boards listed.  And there's more to think about than A, B, or C.  And I haven't even mentioned surround fit.  Those boards are slightly different diameters...

“For steel tip, personally I'd not choose the B5DC because it's reputed to be softer than the B5.  I've heard the G2 is very good, but also quite firm.  Does firmness matter?  You bet!  Firmer boards tend to wear better in terms of the sisal.  But they're not as forgiving in case of ill thrown darts, deflections, and the like.  And you might have to scuff your points now and again.”

Spot on my G2 is standing tremendously well to several hundreds of hours of punishing practice throwing 28gm (total weight) darts and is in remarkably good condition. The G2 spider is attached through to the back of the board and has not lifted at all. The shape of the wires tapered end means that properly maintained dart points do very little damage.
Dorian
Son of Merlin

Caerleon - Wales

(Monster "Milkman" - 22.4Gm, Smooth Gold Points 36mm, Yellow Kite Shape Flights 100 micron & Solid Brass Stems)

[Image: 0mbrxgh.png]

My father Merlin, once told me that "You should end up pointing to what you were aiming at when you've released the Dart."

(07-26-2019, 01:42 AM)Dorian Wrote: Spot on my G2 is standing tremendously well to several hundreds of hours of punishing practice throwing 28gm (total weight) darts and is in remarkably good condition. The G2 spider is attached through to the back of the board and has not lifted at all. The shape of the wires tapered end means that properly maintained dart points do very little damage.

Update since I first replied to this thread.  I recall having the G2/3 spider anchor discussions on here prior to getting my first G3.  Turns out they're supposed to have anchors, as we thought at the time.  You could see them in Grip's review, although even Darren wasn't positive of the function.

But the first board I got didn't have them - and the spider lifted.  Bad batch according to my supplier, and he sent me a replacement.  Which also explains my supplier comments.

cheers...
(07-28-2019, 06:32 AM)055 Wrote: I have only had the G2 and the Pro Tour out of the 4, and though i also like playing the Target board, the G2 just lasts so much longer.  But this has probably been written before in this forum...? 

...and i absolutely agree with nixers post (concerning the B5, which i also have).
My G3 has lasted very well. I have one broken wire in a treble segment though and a small area near the bull which is going quite hard so will be replacing the board when I get the next one from the loft.
The Target Pro Tour is a good board but I’m not a lover of marbling. B5 too soft for my liking.
[Image: GEpKdcf.png] 
Current Board 
Gladiator 2 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
20 gram Darts Clearance, Harrows super grip fusion stems, Rapide flights with Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average