Darts Points
(05-17-2019, 02:58 PM)Frankie Babylon Wrote: I agree with previous posters who mentioned the method of removal can make a difference. Worrying about your dartboard is kinda like worrying about your golf ball though. Isn't it intended to wear away over time?

True, but you don't use a golf club with a face that is basically like 60 grit sandpaper to strike your ball.
gumbo2176
(05-17-2019, 02:58 PM)Frankie Babylon Wrote: I agree with previous posters who mentioned the method of removal can make a difference. Worrying about your dartboard is kinda like worrying about your golf ball though. Isn't it intended to wear away over time?

A board will wear over time. But, that does not mean it's cool to come at the board with destroyers. 
Wearing out versus abuse. There is a difference.
I always turn darts carefully.
(05-09-2019, 04:46 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: Pros also walk up to the board to retrive there darts with no care & just pull them out, this will rip the boards apart too, it's fine like everyone else has said you get a new board every game, i use diamond points & have no problems i twist them when i take them out

I'm in the same boat. I have Target Onyx points in my darts, and I twist while pulling them, and its not done any damage to my board. I'm mindful of it out in pubs as well, and warn people who ask if they can have a go with my darts.
Darts:
- 2019 Unicorn T90 26 gram barrels, with Target Onyx points, Target Pro Grip Spinner Short (20mm barrel to flight) stems, Pentathlon punched standard flights, and Target Titanium Pro Grip Rings
- Hammerhead Smooth 20 gram barrels, with Roto Hammer points, alloy extra-short stems, and Pentathlon 150 micron standard flights
- 1991 Unicorn T90 20 gram barrels, with Target Onyx points, Cosmo Fit Shaft GEAR SLIM Spinning #3 stems (24mm Fit Shaft GEAR), and Fit Flight Standard flights