THIN BARREL
(05-04-2019, 12:39 PM)Troll Wrote: My game dart is under 4mm . And it`s fantastic

great darts you made troll!!!
i operate a lathe and would like to make myself some thin darts, but i cannot find tungsten here....
may be i'l make then in stainless steel or modify a cheap designa tungsten barrel but it will be hard finding a 70 mm long barrel !
any suggestions ?
22GR WOLFIES
22GR J WADE PHASE 1
23GR MVG ORIGINALS
shot! 9ti2 22gr/ clic shaft tweeny
target rvb 95 23gr/ original setup
winmau sub-zero torpedo 23 gr/ clic shaft tweeny
harrows fire tapered 22 gr/ clic shaft tweeny
harrows ice 22g
winmau stratos 24gr shark grip/ original setup
daytonas soft tip front weighted 20g
target carrera soft tip 20g
power 80 20g soft tip
phase 5 24g
and lots of designas
(05-04-2019, 02:06 AM)Mac-attack99 Wrote: I had always used the thinnest barrels possible up till about a year ago.. I tried a bullet shape, and I had so much more control of my darts, it was spectacular!

You might like the Harrows Ace darts.

I have a friend with a set of 24g Harrows Ace darts. Front loaded, bullet shape. 

At 9.2mm wide they are a bit wider than I'd use but every time I have a random throw of them, they seem to go exactly where I want them. I suppose it could be the weight that makes them so nice to throw but my usual darts are 23g so not a big difference and I have thrown heaver darts which I didn't like.  I suspect it's the actual width of the barrel that my grip likes.

I only play for fun though so squeezing 3 darts into T20 isn't a common occurrence.
(05-04-2019, 11:12 PM)bdebbane Wrote:
(05-04-2019, 12:39 PM)Troll Wrote: My game dart is under 4mm . And it`s fantastic

great darts you made troll!!!
i operate a lathe and would like to make myself some thin darts, but i cannot find tungsten here....
may be i'l make then in stainless steel or modify a cheap designa tungsten barrel but it will be hard finding a 70 mm long barrel !
any suggestions ?

They are 98 tungsten % . I really dont know where you could get 98 % tungsten . But they are made in military factory . And its easy for military to get such high % tungsten 
Brass is great material I have few sets from it ,but darts are very light may not suit everyone
180-2(32)

[Image: b409df5c-8df9-4d5e-8338-33e732beb031_zps6vjbnult.jpg]
Troll that dart is a thing of beauty, even if I'd compare it with the chopsticks I use for my dan dan mian at a Chinese restaurant.

As a soft tip guy, 6mm is a norm. I rather 7mm. I tend to go for thicker darts. When my friend gave me a set of old Whitlock darts with the thick front, I threw them so easily. It felt great. Now my quest is to get a dart as thick as that for soft tip.

Steve Beaton here I come....eventually.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
[Image: l_d-soft-target-robcross-19-banner_20171128162322.jpg]

Current Dart in Use: Quantum Darts Paradox 17.5gm
(05-05-2019, 12:37 AM)laconic Wrote:
(05-04-2019, 02:06 AM)Mac-attack99 Wrote: I had always used the thinnest barrels possible up till about a year ago.. I tried a bullet shape, and I had so much more control of my darts, it was spectacular!

You might like the Harrows Ace darts.

I have a friend with a set of 24g Harrows Ace darts. Front loaded, bullet shape. 

At 9.2mm wide they are a bit wider than I'd use but every time I have a random throw of them, they seem to go exactly where I want them. I suppose it could be the weight that makes them so nice to throw but my usual darts are 23g so not a big difference and I have thrown heaver darts which I didn't like.  I suspect it's the actual width of the barrel that my grip likes.

I only play for fun though so squeezing 3 darts into T20 isn't a common occurrence.
I’d love to try them out, they look pretty nice!
but sadly I just ordered the last set I will be buying for the foreseeable future.  
(The company is going out of business and I always wanted them so I had to buy them before they were gone. Lol)
As for my match darts I have found “the ones” and have 4 sets of them Smile
Darts: 21.5 gm monster cobra I no.5 soft tips
Flights: l-style Jelle klassen blackout 
Shafts: Silver/black supergrip carbons.
Favorite players: Simon Whitlock, Jelle klaasen
2019 180’s: 9/12
2019 Hat: 121/130
2019 highlights: finished game with a 6.45mpr in cricket and lost. 
Won my first tournament! (1/25/19)
“My biggest problem in life, is overcoming myself... but once I defeated myself, all that was left was peace”-Kevin Gates
(05-04-2019, 05:29 PM)Mackemchris Wrote: im after a thin 24g dart, Been looking at red dragon neutrinos. Currently using 24g nicholsons.

You might like the One80 Night Hunter Velocity 24g.

6.7 mm wide
51 long

And... a very nice looking dart.
https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...s_id=41605
(05-15-2019, 10:25 AM)laconic Wrote:
(05-04-2019, 05:29 PM)Mackemchris Wrote: im after a thin 24g dart, Been looking at red dragon neutrinos. Currently using 24g nicholsons.

You might like the One80 Night Hunter Velocity 24g.

6.7 mm wide
51 long

And... a very nice looking dart.
https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...s_id=41605
i got the neutrinos in the end 6.1mm
(05-04-2019, 12:21 AM)bdebbane Wrote: WHY ARE THIN BARRELS HARDER TO THROW STRAIGHT AND TRUE ???

I'VE SEEN DARTS SO THIN THAT DARTERS USE FOR PRACTICE, LIKE THE MOSQUITOS ETC...
HAS ANYONE IMPROVED HIS REGULAR DART THROW BY PRACTICING WITH VERY THIN DARTS???

Human bionics....there are limits, and I have been in this position yesterday.

So My typical barrel is around 6.5mm straight barrel.
I have a set of Gurneys, which are super thing at 6.3 or less. 

Based on a human gripping a dart, there is less dart available for the human to offer control.
Also factor in that the dart is narrower, bringing its line of momentum in tighter, meaning that any imperfections in the release are likely going to multiply with wayward trajectories and flights to the board. 

Slightly wider darts may offer more comfort while throwing, more stable release and should be less sensitive to darts released uncleanly. 
To wide of a dart can also botch the release, as the dart becomes to bulky.
So the result for me is a middle ground as to what feels right and what you can feel confident throwing.
I hit some really good scores while throwing the Gurneys, and when 2 hit the T20, it felt like there was loads of room to fill up.
But in truth, they ust didn't feel right, I worked with them and tried moving them to my finger tips for a cleaner release, but then I am changing my grip, which can introduce a whole other mess.