2019 Premier League
Anyone else been putting in predictions? I tried to put mine in today but it says it is closed...
I've been getting lucky and am on the leader board but too far behind to win.
Definitely a great line up for tonight. Unfortunately I'm at work so I'll watch them all fresh tonight after Smile
Current Setup: 22g Reddragon Dragonflys
From Ontario, Canada
Best game: 11 darts
Instagram: @weswrestle10 
(05-16-2019, 04:53 PM)weswrestle10 Wrote: Anyone else been putting in predictions? I tried to put mine in today but it says it is closed...
I've been getting lucky and am on the leader board but too far behind to win.
Definitely a great line up for tonight. Unfortunately I'm at work so I'll watch them all fresh tonight after Smile

Wright, Smith, MVG (although I'd rather Mensur won), and Wade would be my predictions.
B: 21g   S: Intermediate   F: Shape   180s: 2
So they say it's been decided. Wade, MVG, Cross and Gurney next week. All the others are eliminated.
gumbo2176
Gurney v Wade final please
[Image: GEpKdcf.png] 
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
20 gram Darts Clearance, Harrows super grip fusion stems, Rapide flights with Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average                 

(05-16-2019, 10:12 PM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: Gurney v Wade final please

Agree.   Need some new blood at the top.   Not that Cross hasn't been there, but neither Gurney or Wade has ever been World Champ and this would be a nice feather in their cap--------not to mention a nice addition to the bank account.
gumbo2176
Funny to me how some people dont want champions to keep winning. But thats what champions do. No one can win every game, but people like MvG are at the top for a reason. Its funny you mentioned new blood, I was just thinking yesterday about how young this PL is, think about Smith, Gurney, Price, hell MvG is still only 30, Wade isn't that old. You got Mensur and Wright, the only two older guys. But I dont understand why anyone would want a Gurney or Wade to win just because they haven't, or haven't recently. Thats not how sports work. Thats a participation award mentality. To be the best, you have to beat the best. I just hope Gary can return to health and form and be some healthy competition. I really thought it would be Smith this year but hes taken a big step back.

Anything can happen, thats why they play the games. I think MvG will win another crown even though his darts haven't been quite up to his standard overall in recent months. But maybe he'll trounce last years 112 in the final, who knows.
I really don't mind if it's Cross, Wade or Gurney who wins it, but I hope it won't be MVG. Not because I don't want the best player to win, I just would like to see one of the other 3 being the best player on that particular day. Honestly I wouldn't even mind at all if MVG wins, all 4 players have had great PL campaigns so they would equally deserve it.

The thing I don't want to happen is the games to be a foregone conclusion. I want the other 3 players to raise their games and challenge MVG. Cross in particular has been awful against MVG recently. Those games were really not good to watch, and it'll be sickening if it happends again in the final. If he won this PL beating MVG, he would gain a lot of confidence, which could result in him challenging MVG for majors more often. And that's great for darts. And the same is true to Wade and Gurney as well, albeit they have played well against MVG recently, so they are far from being in his pocket.
I can see Wade rising to the occasion to challenge MVG.  The way he has been playing and has challenged MVG the last time they played I can see him taking home the trophy.
(05-17-2019, 01:51 PM)ksarkozi Wrote: I can see Wade rising to the occasion to challenge MVG.  The way he has been playing and has challenged MVG the last time they played I can see him taking home the trophy.

Agreed. Really, nothing would be a surprise to me at this point. Wade v Cross is about a 50-50 though I suspect Wade might have the mental edge with his win last night. Gurney has a pretty good recent record against MVG so anything could happen.
Shouldn't put too much weight in recent victories from Gurney and Wade over MvG, as he will surely find the other gear as he always does when it comes down to it and the trophy is on the line

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2019 Super League Germany mc1958 7 454 03-10-2019, 04:54 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  Does RvB deserve a Premier League place? leon0677 106 4,619 01-23-2019, 03:17 AM
Last Post: Dan180
  2019 premier league discussion Sultan Pepper 30 2,721 11-30-2018, 03:28 PM
Last Post: gumbo2176
  2019 Premier League Schedule mc1958 2 682 09-28-2018, 11:58 PM
Last Post: Nucky
  Premier League Discussion (2018) The G 461 34,622 05-18-2018, 08:39 PM
Last Post: Roy Post
  2018 Unibet Premier League Fixtures mc1958 0 591 01-16-2018, 06:15 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  Premier League Mack 2 618 11-03-2017, 09:18 PM
Last Post: Mack
  Betway Premier League Play-Offs mc1958 40 3,887 05-19-2017, 06:58 PM
  Betway Premier League Aberdeen Preview & Discussion Great White North 9 2,582 05-12-2017, 01:59 PM
  Betway Premier League Sheffield Preview & Discussion Great White North 13 2,132 05-10-2017, 12:03 PM
Last Post: wrexhamexile