Finally Finished my Soft Tip Point Review.
Nice review but I have to dissagree with your review of the pixel tips. I think the various tips perform better or worse depending on the boards being used. I don't think it's as black and white as you make out.

I use quite heavy darts and was getting a lot of breakages with various tips (bulls and such, cheaper tips) everytime the dart hit the floor (or sometimes the rim outside the board on older board models). Since switching to pixel tips I get very few breakages and they perform extremely well in the boards we use for leagues here in Austria.

I still need to try the Fit Point and Lip Point tips, and will at some stage, but I am happy with how the pixels perform for now.
(05-06-2019, 08:33 AM)Imposter Wrote: Nice review but I have to dissagree with your review of the pixel tips. I think the various tips perform better or worse depending on the boards being used. I don't think it's as black and white as you make out.

I use quite heavy darts and was getting a lot of breakages with various tips (bulls and such, cheaper tips) everytime the dart hit the floor (or sometimes the rim outside the board on older board models). Since switching to pixel tips I get very few breakages and they perform extremely well in the boards we use for leagues here in Austria.

I still need to try the Fit Point and Lip Point tips, and will at some stage, but I am happy with how the pixels perform for now.

Inconsistent quality maybe? My take on Pixel tips is the same as the author. The Pixel grooves seem to be a flaw in the design, the tip itself is very strong indeed, but breaks at the cone area before the tip even wears out itself.

Just like how grooved steel tips break.
Fav Dart : Harrows Nemesis 20g softip & RAZR Bulbous  20g softip
Shaft      : Harrows Heavy Metal 4g brass
Flight      : Harrows Hologram Fantail, Dimplex, Velos
Points     : Cosmo Fit Point + , CHEAP Harrows Conversion Points
Board     : Harrows Pro Matchplay
Machine  : VSPhoenix
OCD Darter!! Shy

(05-06-2019, 08:33 AM)Imposter Wrote: Nice review but I have to dissagree with your review of the pixel tips. I think the various tips perform better or worse depending on the boards being used. I don't think it's as black and white as you make out.

Hi Imposter,  I probably was not clear enough in saying this my review.  My test was based on my equipment and throwing style.  My results are black and white for me, because they are based on what happened after almost 5 months of doing the test.  That is not to say that my results will be the same for others.  Also, I am not in any way, telling anyone what points to buy or not buy.  

I just want to make this clear.  I’m just one person reporting my experience, which is not much of a sample base.  When I first found this site I was curious about how point quality has changed, but did not find much data.  I’m hoping that others will do what I did in reviewing points with a variety of darts at different weights in a focused test.  I think that would be far more helpful than just my review.  

Plus, if my learning experience was not a fluke, I think others will find the testing very beneficial to their game.   

Regards, Rick
Gran 3 - ID: Bull007, One80 Gladiator 3, & Nodor President
Darts: Target, Colonial, Unicorn & Pacer - Soft & Steel Tip

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TIGA Hyper Point or CONDOR Ultimate Point Ancient Darter 6 899 07-02-2019, 11:29 AM
Last Post: LKH9
  Finally Added Unicorn Paul Lim Soft Tips to the Collection :) Ehudakineyah 10 362 03-29-2019, 01:27 AM
Last Post: Ehudakineyah
Star Soft tip point colours Ed180 21 1,251 11-10-2018, 07:02 PM
Last Post: Tek_FPV
  New Soft Tip Point Coming - Lippoint PREMIUM Ancient Darter 25 7,154 07-06-2016, 02:21 AM
Last Post: bighorse
  Soft tip point options for heavier custom darts? JohnK 23 7,332 06-06-2016, 07:30 AM
Last Post: alienmartian22