Electric Bills
So what do you pay monthly ? We avg 110.00 a month.
[Image: 2e2gdae.jpg]
Nothing...we are 100% solar  Icon_sunny
(04-25-2019, 11:02 PM)italNZ Wrote: Nothing...we are 100% solar  Icon_sunny

So what did you pay for the system - interested.
I averaged 201.38 a month last year. I do live in an older house with 10 1/2 ft. ceilings, old style double hung single pane wooden windows, no wall insulation in my plaster and lath walls but insulation in the attic. That is for 1650 sq. ft. of living area.
(04-25-2019, 11:03 PM)*Saber* Wrote: So what did you pay for the system - interested.

If I recall, we paid about $7K NZD. We've had it for five years now and it's going great.

Completely off grid running on batteries. I spec'd the system and did most of the install myself (a mate helped with the final electrical connections) and am happy with the results. We are a two-person household (only the wife and I) so we don't really consume much power at all.

Keeping in mind that we are in the bush here in NZ, so just getting the normal power lines installed would have cost at least $10K and then the monthly bills after that.
Our bills are nuts, Ontario produces so much Electricty they sell it off to the States at a loss, yet dont pass the savings onto us, same with there's Solar Farms going up everywhere & Wind Turbines still no savings, quite the joke our goverment is
(04-25-2019, 11:36 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: Our bills are nuts, Ontario produces so much Electricty they sell it off to the States at a loss, yet dont pass the savings onto us, same with there's Solar Farms going up everywhere & Wind Turbines still no savings, quite the joke our goverment is

Quebec is the same, I think upstate NY pays less than half of what we pay and we have all of James Bay producing it.
[Image: 7LYvQab.jpg]
(04-25-2019, 11:59 PM)RobJon Wrote:
(04-25-2019, 11:36 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: Our bills are nuts, Ontario produces so much Electricty they sell it off to the States at a loss, yet dont pass the savings onto us, same with there's Solar Farms going up everywhere & Wind Turbines still no savings, quite the joke our goverment is

Quebec is the same, I think upstate NY pays less than half of what we pay and we have all of James Bay producing it.

Yes but Quebec is alot cheaper then Ontario, thats why anyone who works in Ottawa anymore lives across the river in Quebec

180-2(32)

[Image: b409df5c-8df9-4d5e-8338-33e732beb031_zps6vjbnult.jpg]
(04-25-2019, 11:18 PM)italNZ Wrote:
(04-25-2019, 11:03 PM)*Saber* Wrote: So what did you pay for the system - interested.

If I recall, we paid about $7K NZD.  We've had it for five years now and it's going great.  

Completely off grid running on batteries. I spec'd the system and did most of the install myself (a mate helped with the final electrical connections) and am happy with the results.  We are a two-person household (only the wife and I) so we don't really consume much power at all.

Keeping in mind that we are in the bush here in NZ, so just getting the normal power lines installed would have cost at least $10K and then the monthly bills after that.

Not bad really.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Would you buy an electric car bushmonkey90 12 421 09-29-2018, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Jefferz