Random Thoughts on aging ...
Just something I came up with, a few years back ..... 

Random thoughts on aging…

I'm just sitting around drinking ( too many ) cups of coffee, and thinking about getting older.

In 1980 I was 24 years old. I bought myself a brand new Harley Davidson Sportster. Every time I started it I would hear " Born to be Wild ". Now all these years later, I jump into my Kia car, start it up and hear " Pop Goes the Weasel ".

You know you are getting older when a pretty girl walks by, and your first thought is " I wonder what her mother or maybe even Grandmother looks like ".

I have become the dullest and most boring person I know, and the scary part is that I like it.

I am content to sit around with other old people and discuss all my aches and pains ( too many to count ). I've found it easier to inventory what doesn’t hurt, it's a lot faster.

After dinner and a couple drinks with friends, things can get pretty wild. We all test our blood sugar and take bets on who’s will be the highest.

Gin and Geritol has become my drink of choice. Two or three of them in the morning….I can face almost anything.

I’ve noticed that whenever the pharmacy runs out of pills and supplements, they call my house.

I find it irritating that when I go to the doctor or dentist, they are so much younger than I am. They always want to poke me and prod me, do this procedure or that procedure…why…”Due to your age”.

My doctor is a petite little lady who looks about 12. When I first met her, I asked if she brought her “Fisher Price I want to be a doctor when I grow up kit”. That’s a hell of a way to break the ice, good thing she has a sense of humor.

If I ever become king of the world, mac and cheese, big macs, french fries and chocolate doughnuts will all be considered as health food. Onions, liver and tofu will be a goner !!!

Want to really have some fun, try playing tennis with bi-focals.

I read ( with bi-focals ) that 60 is the new 40.  What jerk weed came up with that idea ? I don’t remember feeling this lousy at 40.

My work shirts have my name printed on them. That’s a good thing, for 8 hours a day I have some sort of clue who the hell I am. 

Every time I look in the mirror, I see my father looking back at me ( although I have kept more hair than he has ) and every time I open my mouth I hear him speaking words of wisdom. Words that I would not listen to 30 years ago when I was so much smarter.

I would write more but I am starting to forget what I am writing.........think I need some more coffee.
If you know what I'm doing, don't tell me ..... I find bliss in my confusion.   

You know you’re getting old when you spend 5 minutes looking for your glasses, smack your forehead in frustration.....and find them.   Angel
[Image: bIcnxOK.png]
Thoughts on getting old ought to be a good thread but I'm sure there are plenty of seniors out there asking themselves why talk about it anymore than we have to. It's pretty obvious by now that as we age we can't figure things out like we used to.
I'm so happy to have apps that add points for me playing the simplest of games, like 100 darts at Bull.
I love backpacking because everything I own is on my back. I never have to wonder where anything is like I do in the house.
My cars both cost more than my first house. I own an RV now because that's what you do when you retire and get away from it all.
In reality I still take joy in putting the kids through their paces while riding bikes or running. Yea sure it might take me a week to recover but they don't know that, either.
Almost forgot I was watching a show on Netflix LOL
(04-23-2019, 03:14 AM)Cat Wrote: You know you’re getting old when you spend 5 minutes looking for your glasses, smack your forehead in frustration.....and find them.   Angel

That's not a problem anymore, because I wear them all the time now, but I have done it a time or two.

Aging is when you kneel down to tie a shoe ,and look around what else can you do from this position ,because you don`t want to waste a good kneel
180-2(32)
[Image: lvnS5tM.jpg]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSk3_mUOv_jGoysjynm41f...KJnZ__w9ge]
(04-23-2019, 02:46 PM)Troll Wrote: Aging is when you kneel down to tie a shoe ,and look around what else can you do from this position ,because you don`t want to waste a good kneel

If you still kneel to tie shoelaces, you’re one of the lucky ones.  When I go to put on or take off socks or shoes or tie shoelaces, I have to crank back in my recliner, cross my one leg over the other, grab the cuff of my pants leg and pull my foot up to where I can get at it.   Hip replacements and many other orthopedic surgeries have made it into quite a production.   I was forced out of kneeling many years ago by multiple knee surgeries.
(04-23-2019, 03:14 AM)Cat Wrote: You know you’re getting old when you spend 5 minutes looking for your glasses, smack your forehead in frustration.....and find them.   Angel

Truth lol

Reminds me of this clip(starting 0.36) from Fawlty Towers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIVDx-8kWZo
Smile
(04-23-2019, 03:19 PM)Jefferz Wrote: Reminds me of this clip(starting 0.36) from Fawlty Towers
Smile

Lol

(04-23-2019, 02:46 PM)Troll Wrote: Aging is when you kneel down to tie a shoe ,and look around what else can you do from this position ,because you don`t want to waste a good kneel

You've got that right. It's either up or down, the in between is a real killer.

This line is great and could be included in a comedy skit. Gotta say you're right on with this one too. How many of us take the simple act of tying a shoe for granted?
(04-23-2019, 05:08 PM)SlingBlade Wrote:

This line is great and could be included in a comedy skit. Gotta say you're right on with this one too. How many of us take the simple  act of tying a shoe for granted?

It is from one  Big Grin I just translated from Russian
180-2(32)
[Image: lvnS5tM.jpg]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSk3_mUOv_jGoysjynm41f...KJnZ__w9ge]
(04-23-2019, 03:19 PM)Jefferz Wrote:

Reminds me of this clip(starting 0.36) from Fawlty Towers
Smile

"Fawlty Towers" was one of my favorite British comedies ever.   Too bad they only made 12 episodes of that show as it is a comedy gem.

Others I watched and enjoyed are "Absolutely Fabulous", "Are You Being Served", "Keeping Up Appearances", "Benny Hill"  and of course "Monty Pythons Flying Circus".
I'm now 66 and really can't believe I've reached this age with the genes my dad's side of the family gave me. My dad died at 35 and he had 4 brothers and 2 sisters and only one of the men made it past 60 with the rest dying of heart attacks and the 2 sisters both died of cancer around age 60. So I feel like I'm living on borrowed time.

Thank goodness my mother's side of the family tends to live longer than most as far as life expectancy.

Luckily I still enjoy a very active lifestyle and can do most anything I want. No, I don't kid myself into thinking I'm still as fit as I was in my earlier years, but I can still work a full day of physical labor and have been known to outwork my much younger nephews by working smarter and not necessarily harder---------------comes with experience.

The old eyes are now sporting bifocals, and have been since around age 50 or so. The OP mentioned playing sports with glasses----well, try to shoot pool with bifocals. You look down the stick at the cue ball and it looks like a softball and down the table at the other end is the object ball that looks like a ping-pong ball.

And yes, there are times that CRS (Can't Remember S hit) grabs hold and I walk into the kitchen to sit at the table and pay bills, but first grab a cup of coffee then see the pot is getting empty so I wash the pot and clean the basket of coffee grinds and dump them into my compost container. Then see the container is getting full, so out to the compost pile I go to dump them and come back inside, grab my hot coffee and head back to the den to see what's going on in the cyber-world---------------and forget to write the checks to pay the bills.

Getting older isn't for the faint of heart.
Getting old is when you go to a shop to get something and you are asked if you are over 60 to see if you qualify for the Tuesday over 60 s discount day!!!!...... I was devastated!!!! I am only 51 and thought was wearing well!!!!..... I need a drink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thoughts on E3 2018? kdguitar61 11 1,083 06-19-2018, 11:39 AM
Last Post: Ryk