What motorcycle do you ride ?
For me, it's a 1994 Harley Davidson Sportster.
If you know what I'm doing, don't tell me ..... I find bliss in my confusion.   

I have a couple of bikes, both Harleys, a Softail FLS and a Street Glide Special FLHXS.
Been riding since age 18 and crossed 66 last November. I've ridden many different makes, models and years in that time. I started on a 350 Honda street/scrambler in 72 then went to a 650 BSA, then a 650 Triumph. Then decided to go U.S. and got a 59 Panhead HD as a basket case and put it together. Then I got another Honda, this time a new off the showroom floor 750 Super Sport, followed by an 1100 Shadow and the last 2 have been Kawasaki Nomads, one a 1500 V-Twin and now I'm on an 06 Kaw Nomad 1600 V-Twin.

Great bikes those Kaws are and hold the road very nicely on long trips. Nothing for them to hold 80 all day long and heavy enough to feel like you're riding on a rail as they are solid on the hwy. Shaft drive, liquid cooled, comes with nice locking saddle bags, windshield, front and rear crash bars, front and rear floorboards for very comfortable foot support.

I've been to a lot of states on my bikes over the years and prefer to solo on trips and especially love to ride to the mountains around the U.S. Been to the Smokies many times, also the Ozarks for rallies and to the Rockies in Colorado 3 times over the years. I live in La. and we have a saying here that "I can watch my dog run away for a week" the land is so flat, so off to the hills I go when I feel the urge.
(04-08-2019, 11:47 PM)gumbo2176 Wrote: Been riding since age 18 and crossed 66 last November.   I've ridden many different makes, models and years in that time.   I started on a 350 Honda street/scrambler in 72 then went to a 650 BSA, then a 650 Triumph.   Then decided to go U.S. and got a 59 Panhead HD as a basket case and put it together.    Then I got another Honda, this time a new off the showroom floor 750 Super Sport, followed by an 1100 Shadow and the last 2 have been Kawasaki Nomads, one a 1500 V-Twin and now I'm on an 06 Kaw Nomad 1600 V-Twin.    

Great bikes those Kaws are and hold the road very nicely on long trips. Nothing for them to hold 80 all day long and heavy enough to feel like you're riding on a rail as they are solid on the hwy.    Shaft drive, liquid cooled, comes with nice locking saddle bags, windshield, front and rear crash bars, front and rear floorboards for very comfortable foot support.      

I've been to a lot of states on my bikes over the years and prefer to solo on trips and especially love to ride to the mountains around the U.S.   Been to the Smokies many times, also the Ozarks for rallies and to the Rockies in Colorado 3 times over the years.     I live in La. and we have a saying here that "I can watch my dog run away for a week" the land is so flat, so off to the hills I got when I feel the urge.

My first was a Honda QA-50, I was 12, since then I've owned all kinds of bikes, too many to mention really. My brother owned a high performance motorcycle shop for years and was the Michelin race tire guy up here, I worked a couple of seasons at the race track with him some years back. I'm with you on the solo trips but often share the road with another brother who lives in Kentucky, we've done the Natchez trace, been to New Orleans then across to Florida, great rides(starting from Montreal). In my little avatar that's me on the Cabot trail in Cape Breton Nova Scotia, I've done that quite a few times as well, if you ride you get it, there's nothing like it, dogs get it that's why they always try to stick there head out the window when you take them for a ride in the car.
Yeah, Rob, I lived in Jackson, Mississippi many years ago and often rode the Trace. I've only been on 2 long rides with a small group of 5-6 riders and swore after the second one I'd never do it again, and I haven't. Gas stops are dictated by the smallest tank and when all riders fill up, there's always someone who has to smoke, someone who needs to hit the can, others who need something to eat and/or drink and that guy that takes 10 minutes to put on his gear and get back in the saddle. So, by the time you get out of the station, 30 minutes have passed that I could have been 40 or more miles down the road.

But that's just me as I'm very comfortable being alone on the road. Hell, I've pulled off the road many times and just laid out to catch a few zzzz's to refresh myself when on long trips, often averaging 650 or more miles a day. I've done a couple Iron Butts but never did one with all the documentation to make it official. I just know I've been over 1000 in a day a few times. Don't need a patch to know I did it.
Heritage softail
[Image: 2e2gdae.jpg]
I ride a 2005 Kawasaki ZX6R Ninja 636.
I started out almost 2 years ago on a Suzuki sv650s.
Miss the twin characteristics.
2002 Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic - first and only bike I've ever owned.

I won a contest at the local Harley dealership - it asked "when did you know you had the fever?".

So, I was reading a magazine and my wife said to me "when are you going to get over that?". I started laughing. 

The magazine was one of about four featuring every new model motorcycle from every company. I thought to myself that I had been buying them for at least eight years. There were usually a few from the big magazines every year and I always bought every single one  Big Grin Big Grin 

I would love to upgrade to a bigger and newer ride but I keep spending my money on darts  Big Grin
Kellys Magnus 26"
No PS
1000ccm water/ 10km
Top Speed downhill 58 km

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

180    13/12   Moddarts
Rode a lot of dirt bikes growing up and bought a street bike when I got older. That lasted for about 2 years. Never in my life have I been in more dangerous situations then when on the street. People will look you in the eye and then pull out in front of you. If it wasn't for the lessons I learned on a dirt bike I'd probably be reincarnated already. Sold that eons ago and now I have a 2013 Yamaha 250 dual sport. I have a lot of state land across the street to ride on.....much better....trees don't move....lol