Gran Board 3 Firmware Update Issue, v. 6.1.6
So I updated the firmware on my white Gran Board 3 yesterday morning and everything seemed to go fine. Went through steps 1-4 a couple times with issues, then finally was able to upload the firmware to the board. Watched the progress bar. It said success. Then it asked me if I had a blinking orange light or something, and unfortunately the answer was no. I had a steady green light. I then followed the steps, but at that point everything was messed up. The device wouldn't connect to bluetooth automatically, and the firmware tab no longer appeared in the app. When I went into settings and tried to click on things like "hue lights" it insisted I did not have a Gran Board 3. I contacted customer service twice, but so far they have not contacted me back.

Which brings us to today, I was able to get bluetooth to connect if I put it into "Firmware mode" by holding down the change button while plugging in. However that's the only way I can get bluetooth to connect. However if I touch the board with a dart it automatically disconnects and begins searching, or it disconnects after a time out. Oh, and the light turns green and remains green the moment I plug in. 

So! Is there a way to reset the device or force the firmware to reload? As I mentioned, the firmware tab is missing so I can't do the "click the firmware tab 10 times" solution. 

Any thoughts? I wanna get back to playing!!

Thanks in advance!
Hi Adam, welcome to the forum. I don't know much about the Gran Board but is there an option for a factory reset? Also being the weekend you probably won't hear back until tomorrow, wish I could be more help.
Hi Adam,

Came across your post yesterday as I was facing the exact same problem as yours.
Dot side light was turning green and remaining green when I was turning on the board.
No Bluetooth signal what so ever and LED Strip lights not responding.
Firmware tab was missing as well in the app because there was no Bluetooth signal coming from the board itself.
Thought my Gran board 3 was bricked forever...

So here is how I managed to solve it after hours of frustrations and got back my board to life.
Living in Asia,it was easy for me to go to some darts shop and connect my phone app by Bluetooth to a "healthy and running" GB3.
To summarize you need to connect your phone with a second board to get the Firmware Tab to show up !

I then switched off and took out the USB out of the healthy board to disconnect the Bluetooth connection!

After that I went on with the Forced Firmware and loading Update procedure on the "sick board".
Starting with the App first, as recommended in the other post.

Connected the USB plug,switched on the "sick board" while pressing the Red Change Button
Remark:LED dot light turned green and remained green as well for me the moment I plugged in the micro USB and push the RED Change player Button.
Switched On and Off the Bluetooth Toggle on my phone several times to clear the cache.
During update the LED dot Light went off but updated successfully.

Wish you best of luck and hopefully see you online soon for some games.

Oliver
Heard back from tech support. Here’s what they told me to do. And it worked. Not seeing where I can add picks to post. But basically get to step 4. And when instructions say tap 10 times, you tap the actual work “ Seup”. Be sure to clear Bluetooth in settings first. Good luck
This is Shuji of GRAN DARTS support in Japan.
Thank you for your message.

We are so sorry. it is highly likely that GRANBOARD is not sending the correct signal. It is necessary to rewrite the firmware in order to solve it.
Because I write the procedure to forcibly write the firmware below, is it very sorry to trouble you but can you operate accordingly?

1: Please turn off the power of the board and start the application.
2: Enter Setting, activate the forced update mode by repeatedly hitting the "Setting" tab 10 times.
3: When the forced update mode starts up, please ignore the displayed procedure and advance to the attached picture.
4: After proceeding to the attached image, turn on the power while holding down the change button of GRANBOARD main unit.
After confirming that the power lamp on the lower left is emitting orange, please push the update button of the application.
5: Follow the steps to complete the update.
6: After completing, turn off the board power.
7: Please close the application completely.
8: Activate board and application, please connect.

This is the flow of forcibly firmware update.
Please contact me the operation is completed and you can connect the board and the application.

Best regards,
(08-16-2019, 01:48 AM)Tim Sullivan Wrote: Heard back from tech support. Here’s what they told me to do. And it worked. Not seeing where I can add picks to post. But basically get to step 4. And when instructions say tap 10 times, you tap the actual work “ Seup”.  Be sure to clear Bluetooth in settings first. Good luck

We are so sorry. it is highly likely that GRANBOARD is not sending the correct signal. It is necessary to rewrite the firmware in order to solve it.
Because I write the procedure to forcibly write the firmware below, is it very sorry to trouble you but can you operate accordingly?

2: Enter Setting, activate the forced update mode by repeatedly hitting the "Setting" tab 10 times.
3: When the forced update mode starts up, please ignore the displayed procedure and advance to the attached picture.
4: After proceeding to the attached image, turn on the power while holding down the change button of GRANBOARD main unit.
After confirming that the power lamp on the lower left is emitting orange, please push the update button of the application.

Please contact me the operation is completed and you can connect the board and the application.

Best regards,

Thanks for sharing, and welcome to the forum.  Not sure what you mean by 'picks to post'.  Or is that pics to post?  If so, a visit to our Forum Guides section might be useful:

https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=33726

cheers...

Edit:  I should add some of those options may be problematic for you until you've reached 5 posts.  One of the things that's throttled is following image tags.
(08-16-2019, 01:56 AM)nixer55 Wrote:
(08-16-2019, 01:48 AM)Tim Sullivan Wrote: Heard back from tech support. Here’s what they told me to do. And it worked. Not seeing where I can add picks to post. But basically get to step 4. And when instructions say tap 10 times, you tap the actual work “ Seup”.  Be sure to clear Bluetooth in settings first. Good luck

Best regards,

Thanks for sharing, and welcome to the forum.  Not sure what you mean by 'picks to post'.  Or is that pics to post?  If so, a visit to our Forum Guides section might be useful:

cheers...

Edit:  I should add some of those options may be problematic for you until you've reached 5 posts.  One of the things that's throttled is following image tags.

I believe these are the same pics provided by GB tech staff...  https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=36146
Pics to post. Thanks
No idea what device you're using, so again suggest looking over the Forum Guides.  Also note the speed bumps on post count, which may influence your choice as well.

Edit:  With your post count, best option might be # 10.  But if you use attachments, #11 and 12 could come into play.  Or in a few more posts, you can take your choice! Wink
Does anyone know if people with gran board 2 and someone with a 3 can still play together?
(08-16-2019, 01:48 AM)Tim Sullivan Wrote: Heard back from tech support. Here’s what they told me to do. And it worked. Not seeing where I can add picks to post. But basically get to step 4. And when instructions say tap 10 times, you tap the actual work “ Seup”.  Be sure to clear Bluetooth in settings first. Good luck

Best regards,
Do you have the email they sent you still.  I'm having the same problem, but can't get it to work. Let me know, I can send it to you.  Pictures would be nice.
(05-02-2020, 02:09 AM)wagdawg68 Wrote: Do you have the email they sent you still.  I'm having the same problem, but can't get it to work. Let me know, I can send it to you.  Pictures would be nice.

This is the Forced Update procedure if that is what you are looking for, https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=36146

You now need a passcode to complete this function however. Previous updates to the firmware implanted an authorization step that requires you to get a passcode from GB by contacting them through the app. They responded to me within a day with a passcode that is good for 72hrs.
They may be dealing with COVID19 restrictions at this time because I have not received emails regarding issues with the LED lights in a few weeks.  I had been communicating with GB through email and I haven’t received a response to my outstanding questions.

Send an email and see what happens.
We have been having this bluetooth connection with our board since March and have requested the code for the forced update SIX times!!  We got it each time and it works for a while each time but this is NUTZ!!!!  I've had to forfeit in tournaments and sometimes when playing league I have to ask the other player if we can finish after I get the stupid code again.  Has anyone figured out a permanent fix?  I've of course contacted support at Gran Darts just asking for a replacement board and get no response except for a new code to reset the firmware.  TIA for any info.
(06-12-2020, 06:36 PM)MamaBird Wrote: We have been having this bluetooth connection with our board since March and have requested the code for the forced update SIX times!!  We got it each time and it works for a while each time but this is NUTZ!!!!  I've had to forfeit in tournaments and sometimes when playing league I have to ask the other player if we can finish after I get the stupid code again.  Has anyone figured out a permanent fix?  I've of course contacted support at Gran Darts just asking for a replacement board and get no response except for a new code to reset the firmware.  TIA for any info.

I feel your pain. GranBoard had been communicating continuously with me during March/April on an issue I experienced with the LED lights failing following a firmware update. But, once we reached the point that continued updates failed to fix the problem they ghosted ? me.  I haven’t had a reply from them in over a month. I don’t know if someone got C-19 or the launch of GB3s consumed all their resources but they seem are black hole now.
The bull an double are sometimes register out or not register on GranBoard 3S could you tell me how to settled.
Thank you. Huh
Go to their official Facebook, fill out the form, and they send you new foam, and a bull that doesn’t spin. I believe you can send them a support request and they eventually will send you the link as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gran Board Issues philliesricky 5 125 06-21-2020, 02:16 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  Simple Gran Board 3s questions rbnfrance 3 232 05-08-2020, 06:06 PM
Last Post: Tek_FPV
  Gran Board 3S or Arachnid Cricket Pro 800 buckshot13 5 232 05-07-2020, 06:47 PM
Last Post: buckshot13
  Gran Board 3 or Alternative Worlieee 4 595 04-22-2020, 02:13 PM
Last Post: Loray
  Noob with some Gran Board questions jaythom1 2 442 04-20-2020, 03:56 AM
Last Post: Tek_FPV
  DIY Gran board matt anybody Ginoworm 3 221 04-09-2020, 04:02 PM
Last Post: Waytogorickey
  Gran Board 3s questions SunnyJ 3 355 04-02-2020, 12:43 AM
Last Post: SunnyJ
  Gran Board 3 issue with x01 games Choppie 0 145 03-28-2020, 03:56 PM
Last Post: Choppie
  Gran Board 3s Woes BadMojo 14 1,024 03-27-2020, 02:58 PM