Olympic Darts ... any ideas ?
My neighbor gave these to me. Her dad played with them when she was a kid. I figure that should put them from the 1960s.
I just have the case and barrels, no original flights or stems.
Any ideas what they are ?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

If you know what I'm doing, don't tell me ..... I find bliss in my confusion.   

Anybody ?

I'd say they're Unicorns with the "Long Full Parallel Knurl".  Don't see the exact dart, but you can find similar in the 1959 Unicorn Book of Darts.

I also guess your neighbour's dad was in the air force, and stationed at RAF Lakenhealth at some point.  The Lakenheath Rod & Gun Club appears to still exist as well.

cheers...
Remind me the old Jim Pike's darts. But it's only the shape what is similar. My guess is some old Unicorns. Maybe look at the Books of Unicorn.
https://www.playwiththebest.com/archive-...darts.html
(04-23-2019, 05:41 PM)nixer55 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
I remember her saying he was in the Air Force.
I found one in the 1959 book that looks close, ( same shape ) but the knurling seems to run sideways instead of longways.
In the 1950 book I found one that looks to be the same, I can't tell for sure, as it is a drawing. But I think it is.

Thanks nixer and elevendarter for your help.
+ 1 for the both of you.  Smile

It's taken a long time to do this .....

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Any ideas on this dart please tonywalsh00 11 630 12-16-2018, 03:11 AM
Last Post: ken232
  Any ideas on this set of darts? MarcTH 6 442 11-09-2018, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Berlin180
  Any ideas? Nucky 2 274 10-29-2018, 01:52 AM
Last Post: Nucky
  Any Ideas wayupna 4 414 06-05-2018, 02:53 PM
Last Post: jbizzle