John Part
I just saw that John Part wasn't mentioned in this section yet.

World champ in 1994, 2003 and 2008.

Maybe he's still an active player, but he certainly has deserved his place in the Darts Nutz gallery of honor if you ask me. Cool
Nobody agrees?
He still plays and is mentioned in the database list

https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=34245
I'm not sure that Part would be very happy being listed as a dart player "of the past".
(04-03-2019, 10:31 AM)bkbum Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
It's bit of a Barney story I guess Undecided
John Part is a quality player and arguably the best commentator around too.
He is one of only 8 or 9 players ever that have won a world title (BDO or PDC), won a major other than a world title (Desert Classic) and hit a tv 9 darter.
Love John Part, hope he makes a come back. As for great players of the past I agree with the other comments that he is a great player of the present.
Levonster  Out! 
Does anyone here know how or when he came to be known as Darth Maple? I get that he is Canadian and that the Canadian flag has a Maple leaf on it, but I was wondering how that was attached to Darth, and then the entire moniker attached to him.
(07-25-2019, 04:50 PM)Zero Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Think that's what other players started calling him back in his hey day.  See this old article:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/d...le4140887/
(07-25-2019, 04:50 PM)Zero Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
He was (is) a big Star Wars fan .

Match Darts=Target Darryl Fitton,s® 22g

Back ups= Hmmmmm??? ®

And..A few sets of spares .®   Rolleyes
Cheers,
 Ken