Storm points
So I got some storm points a while back when I bought some darts on here and despite everything I'd heard about them being prone to snapping decided to fit them in my match darts and give them a go. 

First impressions were great but less than a week later...

http://imgur.com/a/AO8cbYF

I'll be sticking to regular points or Voks Tornadoes from now on.
Monster Helios 3 22g
One80 Vice stems
Black shape L Style flights 
Gold champagne caps 
Gutted for you, I’ve only broken 1 in 5 years and it went hitting a treble wire.
Not broken any since I started to chamfer the point hole slightly as ( no gap, won’t snap ) instructed. Only ever use smooth storms though. Grooves ones belong with alloy stems, in the bin!
[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register 
Current Board 
Gladiator 2 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore  charcoal flights and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average                 

Nightmare, I've been using storms for a while now and not had an issue. I guess it's the same as when you get a set of flights + stems that last ages then you break 3 in a week, they must just be vulnerable to a particular type of impact.
That's some bad luck right there, sorry to hear it, how does one go about getting the broken part out?
(03-31-2019, 09:46 PM)RobJon Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
 Boil it in a pan of alum powder solution for around 5-6 hours
[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register 
Current Board 
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore  charcoal flights and Target titanium stem rings   

(03-31-2019, 09:49 PM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Ahhh it corrodes the steel but doesn't damage the tungsten, brilliant.
(03-31-2019, 09:51 PM)RobJon Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Pyrex jug though LOL
Current Board 
Darts

(03-31-2019, 09:49 PM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Cheers Chris, that's my next question answered :Smile

Do you have a link for any alum powder? I can see loads on Amazon but I've seen some comments on fb that they're not all actually alum so want to make sure I get the right thing!
Monster Helios 3 22g
One80 Vice stems
Gold champagne caps 
This is what I used, under two pounds from EBay
Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile

Be sure to use a pyrex jug/baking dish ( nothing metallic as it attacks steel ) keep "just boiling" and topping up the water until the steady stream of bubbles from the point hole stops. Mine took around 5 hours. 
Be sure you dont let it boil dry.
Current Board 
Darts

(04-01-2019, 09:13 AM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Brilliant, thanks again!
Monster Helios 3 22g
One80 Vice stems
Gold champagne caps 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Storm vs. Storm Nano on Carrera C12's Curtis8976 9 365 04-11-2019, 06:20 PM
Last Post: The Runner
  Alternative to storm points? MariusOveras 18 713 04-02-2019, 03:00 PM
Last Post: jt4527
  Target Storm Points - Fizban 14 1,187 03-14-2019, 10:42 PM
Last Post: Kts365
  Storm Points yay or nay? marcusambler 83 9,341 01-10-2019, 11:04 PM
Last Post: dervish
  Target Storm Points black coating quality Narbennarr 9 810 09-22-2018, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Rod Dogg
  Target-darts.co.uk Storm Points Fizban 18 820 09-20-2018, 02:01 PM
Last Post: Fizban
  coating-durability-Target-Storm-points-Nano FelixDarter180 7 785 08-23-2018, 11:01 AM
Last Post: FelixDarter180
Thumbs Up Would storm points fit my Peter Wright PL15’s? B3NC4V3 8 826 06-27-2018, 09:48 AM
Last Post: Fizban
  target storm points bdebbane 3 636 06-23-2018, 07:01 PM
Last Post: hamo
  Storm Points Nano Grip oldirtycontron 10 1,623 05-16-2018, 03:58 PM
Last Post: RubennnV