Storm points
(04-01-2019, 09:13 AM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
RegisterFor future reference, does the alum powder affect the paint, if any, on your dart?
Not trying to hijack this thread but I used Alum to try and get storms out of a set of Aden Kirk darts and it did change the color of the 90% tungsten, and made them a bit darker. My guess is that the Alum was not as pure as the type shown in this thread.
I ended up having "Hands on Darts" remove the point for me. Now that was pretty easy to do but now the darts are in the drawer and I never throw them anyhow. LOL
No discolouration on my Hellfires at all
[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register 
Current Board 
Gladiator 2 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore  charcoal flights and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average                 

None on mine either, I can't tell which dart it was
Monster Helios 3 22g
One80 Vice stems
Black shape L Style flights 
Gold champagne caps 
I’ve used alum on Taylor Gen 1’s and the blue pixels came out fine... also I did take the points out of the other 2 darts and put them in the alum as well to make sure they would all look the same at the end.
[IMG=Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile ]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
(04-12-2019, 11:41 AM)Humdinger Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
I did that too!
[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register 
Current Board 
Gladiator 2 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
Modified Unicorn Striker with RD medium sparkle stems, hardcore  charcoal flights and Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average                 

(04-12-2019, 12:37 PM)ChrisTheFish Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Great minds Smile
[IMG=Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile ]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
Y’all got me scared to death about breaking a point on any set of my darts .....I have always used the manufacturer supplied points. So hopefully I don’t ever break one ...I would probably end up just ordering another set of darts....if they still produce them at that point, and the style hasn’t changed ....

I really don’t see an advantage in switching out points , other than preference ....at risk of increasing the probability of the points breaking I couldn’t ! I do like the look of a few, my Andos WC phase 3 came with longer points and 3 etchings at the beginning of the barrel. It took a while to get used to but it is nice. It is longer and bigger than all my other darts.

If I could get a set with the storm points manufactured into them, It’s possible I would go for that .

Glad you got your broke point out of the barrel!
You haven't changed points - yet - Calix.  But someday you'll decide you want to...
(04-13-2019, 03:01 AM)CalixNL Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
I didn't notice this post lol, I just replied to you in the shoutbox.  As I mentioned I just use plain black points now, and you can get 4 sets of tridents free from DC with any order of £40 or more.

Main reason I switch points is to change the length, or if they are fitted with silver points I switch them for black ones which grip the board better
Monster Helios 3 22g
One80 Vice stems
Black shape L Style flights 
Gold champagne caps 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Storm vs. Storm Nano on Carrera C12's Curtis8976 9 365 04-11-2019, 06:20 PM
Last Post: The Runner
  Alternative to storm points? MariusOveras 18 702 04-02-2019, 03:00 PM
Last Post: jt4527
  Target Storm Points - Fizban 14 1,169 03-14-2019, 10:42 PM
Last Post: Kts365
  Storm Points yay or nay? marcusambler 83 9,317 01-10-2019, 11:04 PM
Last Post: dervish
  Target Storm Points black coating quality Narbennarr 9 808 09-22-2018, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Rod Dogg
  Target-darts.co.uk Storm Points Fizban 18 816 09-20-2018, 02:01 PM
Last Post: Fizban
  coating-durability-Target-Storm-points-Nano FelixDarter180 7 784 08-23-2018, 11:01 AM
Last Post: FelixDarter180
Thumbs Up Would storm points fit my Peter Wright PL15’s? B3NC4V3 8 820 06-27-2018, 09:48 AM
Last Post: Fizban
  target storm points bdebbane 3 633 06-23-2018, 07:01 PM
Last Post: hamo
  Storm Points Nano Grip oldirtycontron 10 1,614 05-16-2018, 03:58 PM
Last Post: RubennnV