A1 practice shock
I bought George Silberzahn's book (Darts B to E) a couple of days ago and I've finished reading all the way up to the A1 practice.

So now I actually have to put some work in and practice. 

I'm truly shocked at how difficult I'm finding the A1 drill. I'm so bad that I'm not going to actually say how long it has taken me to delete two numbers from my hit list. I'm thinking of taking up dominoes.

Just how bad were you all when you tried this at first?
Not tried it myself, but I've heard it can take a little while so don't feel discouraged - it will help your game in the long run
(03-31-2019, 07:05 AM)mc1958 Wrote: Not tried it myself, but I've heard it can take a little while so don't feel discouraged - it will help your game in the long run

Smile Thanks.  I'll get there eventually.
Stay at it. That's the first book that I read that actually told/showed you HOW to practice. And....it works!!!. We,or most of us, stand there day after day throwing darts hoping the next dart you throw will be exactly where you wanted it to go! Yes...we all get a little better but nowhere as good as we think we should be. This book will get you there if you put the time in and don't take any short cuts. For the first time in my life I was checking out shots over D20 and even some 3 dart outs. No...I'm not a pro....lol....not even an "A" shooter yet but I have improved a lot. The best thing is knowing when I practice I am getting better!
So again, stay with the book,give it a little time and make sure you follow it....no jumping ahead....shoot well sir.....and luck! Smile
(03-31-2019, 06:32 AM)laconic Wrote: I bought George Silberzahn's book (Darts B to E) a couple of days ago and I've finished reading all the way up to the A1 practice.

I'm truly shocked at how difficult I'm finding the A1 drill. I'm so bad that I'm not going to actually say how long it has taken me to delete two numbers from my hit list. I'm thinking of taking up dominoes.

Took me 24 rounds (274 darts) to complete my one and only attempt at this.

I still practice, but not with this because it is so demoralizing Sad
B: 25g   S: Intermediate   F: Shape   180s: 2
(03-31-2019, 06:11 PM)jt4527 Wrote:
(03-31-2019, 06:32 AM)laconic Wrote: I bought George Silberzahn's book (Darts B to E) a couple of days ago and I've finished reading all the way up to the A1 practice.

Took me 24 rounds (274 darts) to complete my one and only attempt at this.

I still practice, but not with this because it is so demoralizing Sad

What is the drill if you don't mind me asking?
It's not as easy as it sounds, but this is the one practice routine tht helped me the most. I also apply some of George's principles into other my routines.

Stay with it mate, may want t reduce to 3 marks per number if it is taking mor time than you actually have to practice.
Levonster  Out! 
Thanks for the replies folks.

Looks like my reaction might be more normal than I thought :-)

Now that the weekend has gone, it may be easier to practice when I'm not watching football at the same time.

I did notice that the A1 routine was available on a couple of phone apps (My Dart Training) but just scoring on paper looks like less mucking about.

Thanks again.
A1 is the best drill going in my opinion. If used correctly it's really great at helping you develop a repeatable and robust throw.

The key is not to make it a competition with yourself so it's important not to think about "beating your best score" or getting it done quicker than last time. The important thing is to throw good darts. It's better - in this drill - to have a well thrown miss (i.e. on the wire or in the treble) than a badly thrown hit.

By all means reduce the number of targets or marks so that you can complete in an amount of time that is suitable for you so that you can concentrate all the way to the end. There's no point to practicing aimlessly!
[Image: o6e4x5.png]
Darts: Harrows Glen Durrant Duzza Series 2 24g, short Harrows Supergrip shafts, Harrows flights (Marathon/Retina/Optix/Rapide) 

Best 501: 13 darts (League), 14 darts (Pro Darter)

Best Checkout: 154 (League), 160 (Pro Darter)
Used to do this routine and it was crazy how hard it was and how much time it took me. But, eventually I did improve and was well worth the effort. I still do a shortened version to warm up