Player Contracts
I've spoken with and worked with quite a few of the larger management groups out there and what seems to be the normal deal is they take a percentage of the player's earnings and handle all the day-to-day stuff for the players (tournament entries, travel accommodations, negotiations with sponsors, etc). There are players that like to do that themselves, but still have managers as requests for appearances and/or creating publicity events can become overwhelming.
This sounds like the appropriate scenario.
Being a non incorporated / sole proprietor professional dart player would be stressful for sure. You would want to focus on playing darts definitly, not handling administrations. You may be able to save a few % if you were very ....knowledgeable and familiar with the industry ....but In the end I imagine you want to be focused on your game and let the people who manage sports careers do that.

Thanks for the insight ! Great thread and posts.
Seek ye first the Kingdom of God
(07-04-2019, 02:17 AM)Cosmo Darts Europe Wrote: I've spoken with and worked with quite a few of the larger management groups out there and what seems to be the normal deal is they take a percentage of the player's earnings and handle all the day-to-day stuff for the players (tournament entries, travel accommodations, negotiations with sponsors, etc). There are players that like to do that themselves, but still have managers as requests for appearances and/or creating publicity events can become overwhelming.

Thanks for the insight. i can only imagine as I previously mentioned that as the money in the game grows the bigger players will all be just paying a manager to manage. This is what happens in my experience in other fields with similar arrangements, as "the talent" become more financially secure and their pie is getting larger it obviously makes them less keen to be giving away the same slice %.
I've actually spoken to some management groups who actually take less of a % the more the player makes (It keeps the player with them and happy and in the long run if they take 10% of 50,000 and 5~6% of 100,000 they make the same or more [figures are nowhere near accurate and of for example purposes only])
Yeah that makes sense too and would explain why managers of some more prominent players like Chisnall, Gurney, Durrant etc are almost at all events and seem really invested.

I guess a part of them being willing to take a smaller % as the amount grows to is for them there is also a benefit of being seen to have a good stable when it comes to recruiting new and fresh talent.