Player Contracts
Does anyone know where to find various player contracts?
I ask because I just looked through the 2019 Unicorn catalog and nothing in it with Dimitri Van Den Bergh...
Is there a chance his contract ends this year and Unicorn is preparing to not sign him?
Current Setup: 22g Reddragon Dragonflys
From Ontario, Canada
Best game: 11 darts
Instagram: @weswrestle10 
There was alot of players left out, only new players, new boxes or new sets seem to make it
Thanks Crusher I looked again and see what you mean. Interesting, you think they would want to showcase as much as possible.
Current Setup: 22g Reddragon Dragonflys
From Ontario, Canada
Best game: 11 darts
Instagram: @weswrestle10 
Ya i found it odd they left out a bunch but you see his picture a few times, they recycle most of there stuff as new so why not old sets too lol
The Unicorn 2019 catalogue was basically just the new stuff released this year - it was an add on to the 2018 catalogue - Dancing Dimi is still with Unicorn
To semi-hijack this thread rather than make a new one....

Does anyone have any insight into the setup of deals for newer players on tour when they sign with management teams/sponsors? Do they simply pay a fixed fee to be "managed" or is it sometimes that the management team are invested in the player too so they receive a % fee so the better the player does they better they do? (kind of like a caddy)

I could also imagine a scenario where a player could possibly have their expenses taken care of and them then themselves only get 30-60% of their winnings. This scenario possibly would only relate to your higher regarded new prospects or perhaps somebody like Cadby? It gives the player the freedom to play knowing they will at least not be out of pocket and then once more established can go it alone if they choose, or demand they keep a bigger % of themselves.

(the last scenario happens a lot in poker, pool and snooker which I have a bit of a background in so wondered if it is ever applied in darts)
(06-28-2019, 12:10 AM)BeegNumba Wrote: I could also imagine a scenario where a player could possibly have their expenses taken care of and them then themselves only get 30-60% of their winnings. This scenario possibly would only relate to your higher regarded new prospects or perhaps somebody like Cadby? It gives the player the freedom to play knowing they will at least not be out of pocket and then once more established can go it alone if they choose, or demand they keep a bigger % of themselves.

You would need to speak with the players and management teams although I doubt they would give out that sort of info easily, but I believe a lot of the deals are like the above part of your post (and would also presumably apply to any sponsorship deals the management company makes for the player as well as their tournament earnings).
Yes that would be my instinct as well as i've heard a few players speak about signing deals that allows them to turn up and play pressure free but I wondered if the removal of entry fees in the last couple of seasons may have changed things.
Why would it - entry fees are only part of it, they still have to book accomodation and travel and also find sponsors as well
Well entry fees save what like £5k a year or thereabouts. I imagine a lot of players share accomodation to lower costs and. For Players Championship events they probably only need to win one game per weekend to be in profit. With qualifiers for Euro Tour being in the same locations you are guaranteed £1k by qualifying which would cover travel and accomodation for the event probably with a little to spare and then anything extra is profit too.

If I were in the position with the fees removed I would probably just pay a manager a fixed fee to manage and a % of sponsorship deals they bring to the table for me.