2019 World Cup of Darts
Eight top seeds at this stage using the "Combined Ranking Lowest Total" method would be:

Scotland (Wright and G.Anderson, total ranking 7)
England (Cross and Smith, total ranking 8)
Wales (Price and Clayton, total ranking 22)
Netherlands (Van Gerwen and Van Barneveld??, total ranking 33)
Australia (Whitlock and K.Anderson, total ranking 33)
Northern Ireland (Gurney and Dolan, total ranking 46)
Belgium (K.Huybrechts and Van Den Bergh, total ranking 55)
Austria (Suljovic and Lerchbacher, total ranking 70)

Same 8 seeds as last year, albeit 3-6 shuffling about.

Just missing out on a seeding would be:

Germany (Hopp and Schindler, total ranking 75)
Spain (Reyes and Alcinas, total ranking 81)

As stated previously no majors up to play for but five Euro Tours and six players championships. The seedings could go up and down but apart from the doubt surrounding the Dutch pairing I see no change in the top 8 pairings. Wonder if we're going to see any new nations invited, there wasn't last year but I feel like seen as though we now have a Portuguese tour card holder we may see Portugal invited. Maybe at the expense of Italy?
I'm interested in to what Canada will have on offer Tongue
Murschell and Smith? Dawson is the only one with a card so it could be anyone.
Current Setup: 22g Reddragon Dragonflys
From Ontario, Canada
Best game: 11 darts
Instagram: @weswrestle10 
I think John Part will get an invite
No question about Singapore on who will pair up. Unless they for some reason really dig into our talent pool and pull out a friend of mine like Melvin Zheng or recent Target signing Leslie Lee in the fold...

But really, this World Cup should be exciting. If Barney is chosen, I'd be rooting for The Netherlands, but...selfishly, home country pride comes first.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
Current Dart in Use: Quantum Darts Paradox 17.5gm
(03-19-2019, 07:52 PM)vanJupp Wrote:
(03-19-2019, 07:40 PM)Richa Wrote: players are ranked higher than barney now so if the rules are followed like last year someone else will be in

Players are picked as follows.

Quote:Qualifying Players:
32 pairs representing different nations selected at the discretion of the PDC.

So Barney will be most likely in, as he is one the one side part of the defending team and also most fans will care more for Barney than for Wattimena.
Well I agree more would be intrested in barney .
(03-21-2019, 12:06 AM)Richa Wrote:
(03-19-2019, 07:52 PM)vanJupp Wrote:
(03-19-2019, 07:40 PM)Richa Wrote: players are ranked higher than barney now so if the rules are followed like last year someone else will be in

Players are picked as follows.

Quote:Qualifying Players:
32 pairs representing different nations selected at the discretion of the PDC.

So Barney will be most likely in, as he is one the one side part of the defending team and also most fans will care more for Barney than for Wattimena.
Well I agree more would be intrested in barney .

If Barney doesn't want to play (which would be VERY unlikely) why not Jeffrey de Zwaan?
[Image: 37d4kf.jpg]
(03-21-2019, 12:22 AM)sjmattitude1982 Wrote: If Barney doesn't want to play (which would be VERY unlikely) why not Jeffrey de Zwaan?

I also think de Zwaan would be picked over Wattimena. They might wait for PL Rotterdam to see how de Zwaan stands against Cross, but it does seem that de Zwaan is being seen as a bigger name than Wattimena. But if RVB is not playing, van Gerwen already suggested on Dutch television that he would like to pair with vd Voort, as he is his best friend and that could play out really well in pairs.

At the end, I believe RVB would just pair with Michael. Easiest way for him to still get a trophy in his last year  Big Grin
The Brazil line-up has been confirmed for the World Cup Of Darts with Artur Valle confirmed to partner Diogo Portela.

Valle came through the qualifier defeating Diogo’s brother, Mario Portela in a last leg decider.
Mario himself saw off Bruno Rangel who partnered Diogo last year; but it wasn’t to be for ‘Super Mario’.

https://dartsnews.com/valle-to-join-port...-of-darts/

Enviado de meu SM-G930F usando o Tapatalk
Winmau Saracen - 24g
Winmau Mark Webster - 23g
Unicorn Taylor Phase 1 - 24g
Unicorn Phase 5 Mirage - 22g
Just guessing, however unless Sedlacek and Jirkal refuse due to something I don't know now, they will be the Czech team.
The Philippines back in in place of Thailand

Philippines Return As World Cup Nations Confirmed

THE Philippines will return to compete in the World Cup of Darts following the confirmation of the 32 competing nations for June’s tournament in Hamburg.

The resurgence of players from the Philippines on the PDC Asian Tour will see the country return for the first time since 2016 as they replace Thailand in the field for the World Cup, which will be held at Hamburg’s Barclaycard Arena from June 6-9.

Reigning champions Netherlands will defend their title as they and England both bid to claim a fifth World Cup triumph, with the two nations being the only previous champions in eight stagings of the event.

Whilst the two-player teams for each nation will be confirmed in mid-May, a number of countries have already begun their qualification events.

Dyson Parody will retain his ever-present record for Gibraltar, and is joined by debutant Antony Lopez in this year's event after the pair came through a qualifier.

Diogo Portela's third World Cup appearance for Brazil will see him partnered by Artur Valle, who defeated Zé Mário Portela 6-5 in the final of their qualifier.

South Africa's Devon Petersen will be joined by the winner of the Last Man Standing qualifier in Cape Town from April 12-14. For information, email lmstournaments@gmail.com.

The China team will be determined from a qualifier to be held on May 3-4 in Beijing, with the winner of each day's play going on to represent their nation in June. To enter, players can visit this link.

2019 World Cup of Darts
Competing Nations

Australia
Austria
Belgium
Brazil
Canada
China
Czech Republic
Denmark
England
Finland
Germany
Gibraltar
Greece
Hong Kong
Hungary
Italy
Japan
Netherlands
New Zealand
Northern Ireland
Philippines
Poland
Republic of Ireland
Russia
Scotland
Singapore
South Africa
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
United States of America
Wales

https://www.pdc.tv/news/2019/03/29/phili...-confirmed

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2019 Grand Slam of Darts mc1958 20 306 48 minutes ago
Last Post: justin-tutboard
  2019 World Series Finals mc1958 12 313 10-16-2019, 03:19 PM
Last Post: Great White North
  2019 BoyleSports World Grand Prix mc1958 73 1,764 10-14-2019, 03:03 AM
Last Post: Sultan Pepper
  2019/20 PDC World Championship news/qualifiers mc1958 12 391 10-11-2019, 02:29 PM
Last Post: LethalEagle
  2019 Gibraltar Darts Trophy mc1958 47 907 09-30-2019, 01:55 PM
Last Post: Mattjones12291
  2019 International Darts Open mc1958 53 895 09-16-2019, 10:58 AM
Last Post: Mattjones12291
  2019 European Darts Matchplay mc1958 63 1,185 09-09-2019, 08:41 AM
Last Post: MariusOveras
  2019 Austrian Darts Championship mc1958 56 1,003 09-02-2019, 12:25 AM
Last Post: nixer55
  2019 NZ Darts Masters italNZ 16 413 08-23-2019, 06:57 PM
Last Post: Phenohyte
  2019 Melbourne Darts Masters mc1958 35 774 08-20-2019, 12:58 AM