Excel Spreadsheet
Hello Everyone,

I am new here so if this is in the wrong area please let me know.

I am looking for a "Very Simple" scoring program in Excel. I'm looking to switch the program to Google Sheets and adding a tournament bracket into the program.  I have 4 computers next to 4 boards and could have all 4 boards keeping score and have a "Live" tournament bracket being updated on a 5th computer "mirrored" to a large screen TV. Idea

I would really appreciate any help.

Thanks 

Steve Cool Big Grin
I'm pretty old school about scoring, so can't really help.  But wondering why go this route with all the connected services out there that do this and more?  I know a lot are for smart phones, but plenty of PC or device independent stuff out there as well.

cheers...
Photo 
(03-16-2019, 09:07 PM)nixer55 Wrote: I'm pretty old school about scoring, so can't really help.  But wondering why go this route with all the connected services out there that do this and more?  I know a lot are for smart phones, but plenty of PC or device independent stuff out there as well.

cheers...

I have 4 computers and they are older and run different OS. So I can't link them through a regular network. I also want to track some stats for my players. (Ave, High checkout, etc..). Google sheets is 1 way I can do that. 

It is 1 idea I had to do all the things I want to do-stats,scoring and the tournament bracket automatically updating.

Steve

Well, I think you can run n01 (by nakka.com) on all your computers and then collect the saved data and store them in the "master" computer. The n01 program is very simple, it looks like some excel stuff and I guess it will work even on the oldest computers. When being installed you should choose where the "data" folder will be placed (it will be in Prog Files if you don't change the path). Then you can also download the stats plug in that will show more statistics. It all can be downloaded from nakka.com.
Although, reading again what is your main goal (LIVE info), I am not sure it will be the best choice. I can't imagine if it would work if you would store those data in a folder connected to google drive. BTW, the data are saved as csv files therefore I am not sure if google would be able to read them.
I would have all the games in 1 file which I could move to a excel file and do some data analyzing and add to all the other data from previous data.

I know it would work and I could build the google sheet myself just looking for a time saver by "not recreating the wheel ."

I can even add a macro to clear the scores for the next tournament after the file is switched to an excel file.

Changing the location in N01 is fine but I wouldn't know the file name or the cell location of the info I would need to update my bracket.

My group doesn't have a lot of money for programs like "dart connect" so this is a work around.

Plus it could be used by a group with more or less number of boards and even between friends in different locations.

Steve

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Elevendarter’s excel spreadsheets for your practice routines elevendarter 82 9,606 07-20-2019, 01:08 AM
Last Post: elevendarter