Advise for cross eye dominance
I’ve been a bit ambidextrous all my life. I write with my right hand, I shoot rifles with my left, I shoot pool with my left hand, and I shoot darts with my right. It wasn’t until I started shooting in 3gun competitions that I came to realize that I was left eye dominant. I would shoot pistol right handed and my rifle left handed. I was asked why I did this and of course I had no idea, other than it felt natural to me. And then someone chimed in with you are left eye dominate. Just by observing how I was lining up my pistol with my left eye. A quick test later and he was absolutely right. My favorite method to show people now is to focus on a spot in the distance with both eyes open and than block it with your thumb. Close one eye at a time and you will notice that your thumb will move with only your weak eye open. The eye that your thumb appears to be still is the dominant eye. All that being said I think this was one of my biggest challenges when I was younger and into darts. So back to my original question, any advise for a cross eyed guy like me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Have a read, this is just a few:

https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=31500
https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=24535
https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=9095
https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=17907
Wink 
Well it gives me some hope knowing guys like Phil Taylor are in the same boat as me. Big Grin
(03-13-2019, 06:56 AM)Naxos Wrote: I’ve been a bit ambidextrous all my life. I write with my right hand, I shoot rifles with my left, I shoot pool with my left hand, and I shoot darts with my right. It wasn’t until I started shooting in 3gun competitions that I came to realize that I was left eye dominant. I would shoot pistol right handed and my rifle left handed. I was asked why I did this and of course I had no idea, other than it felt natural to me. And then someone chimed in with you are left eye dominate. Just by observing how I was lining up my pistol with my left eye. A quick test later and he was absolutely right. My favorite method to show people now is to focus on a spot in the distance with both eyes open and than block it with your thumb. Close one eye at a time and you will notice that your thumb will move with only your weak eye open. The eye that your thumb appears to be still is the dominant eye. All that being said I think this was one of my biggest challenges when I was younger and into darts. So back to my original question, any advise for a cross eyed guy like me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I tried it and my thumb moves when I close my left eye, so I must be right eyed dominance, which is the eye I aim with.
I can never get the eye dominance tests to work for me. If I try to focus on a spot far away then cover with my thumb, I just see 2 thumbs. If I focus on my thumb I see 2 distant objects. If I try the triangle with my fingers and frame an object it moves to the left when I close my right eye and moves to the right when I close my left eye. Equal eye dominance maybe? I dunno what it means for my darts aim either
(03-14-2019, 03:51 PM)99dartfinish Wrote: I can never get the eye dominance tests to work for me. If I try to focus on a spot far away then cover with my thumb, I just see 2 thumbs. If I focus on my thumb I see 2 distant objects. If I try the triangle with my fingers and frame an object it moves to the left when I close my right eye and moves to the right when I close my left eye. Equal eye dominance maybe? I dunno what it means for my darts aim either

Same here, I've never been able to figure it out.
If you know what I'm doing, don't tell me .... I find bliss in my confusion.   
I am cross eye dominant, left-handed. My game improved from the moment on I started focusing on my throw and not where my dart is in relation to my right eye. I now throw from the left side, straight 90 degree elbow. I turn my head a little to get more in line, that is all. But I really helped.

Gesendet von meinem moto x4 mit Tapatalk

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  cross eye dominance Tristan Liam 0 305 01-25-2017, 01:37 AM
Last Post: Tristan Liam
  [Advise] Repointer Loose Thread Fix guest2 13 3,786 09-01-2014, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Ni518079