Practice Board with smaller beds?
I'm not a big fan of training boards either.
(03-11-2019, 08:56 PM)Dorian Wrote: IMHO this type of board is a complete waste of money unless you want endless frustrating hours trying to overcome the reduced thicknesses of the double and treble and bull areas.

I don’t believe there is any empirical evidence to suggest that dart players actually benefit from using these training boards other than perhaps a phsychological belief that if they can hit the target they’re going to be a champion player on a regular board.

As with most sports you will no doubt find suppliers offering snake oils and wonderful novelty devices aimed at providing players a short cut to greatness.

There has been only 2 real improvements to the game that have had clear advantages to players as the sport evolved .... tungsten and staple free spiders, lighting with led helps but it won’t make you automatically a better player.

Cheers

Correct why practice on something that you don’t use when playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 2e2gdae.jpg]
(03-11-2019, 08:35 PM)americanhelper Wrote: Who makes a bristle board with 1/2 sized doubles and triple beds? 20+ years ago I had a board with really small beds and thought it was called a "Championship Board" searching on that returns a billion results.

Do any of you know if these are still available?

Training board. I have a Unicorn HD one, I use it once maybe twice a year for a few days to test how precise my muscle memory is.

When you go back to a normal board though, the trebles and doubles look like the size of matchboxes for a few days !!!!
Darts:
Target Carrera C5 (23g)
Target Pro Grip Clear Short Stems
Target Vision Fade Black Punched Flights 
Target Titanium Slot Lock Rings
Target Storm Nano Grip Black 26mm Points

Setup:
Unicorn Eclipse HD2 Pro Edition Board
Unicorn Striker Black Surround
Target Corona Vision Light System

180's: 
2019: 56
2018: 27

When most of the pros start using them then yes - but they don’t . They don’t .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 2e2gdae.jpg]
I once tried "training" board and it just drove me crazy, smaller trebles and doubles and round wires no thank you.
Give me a razor wired staple free board every day.
Practice your form in a focused way, maybe play matches against pro darter or something similar to simulate a match scenario or better still go out and compete.
Practice boards are not good for your confidence
[Image: GEpKdcf.png] 
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
20 gram Darts Clearance, Harrows super grip fusion stems, Rapide flights with Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average                 

We're all different - play and practice the game in different ways.  So I'll say tuned for a progress report with that trainer.  Fair enough @americanhelper?

cheers
I wonder if they would just add to the frustration factor.
If you know what I'm doing, don't tell me ..... I find bliss in my confusion.   

I can't imagine smaller sections than what I'm trying to hit anyway. it's already frustrating most all the time. It goes without saying you practice what you'll be using in competition.

If playing with ProDarter is good for training why do I still play so poor?!
(03-11-2019, 08:35 PM)americanhelper Wrote: Who makes a bristle board with 1/2 sized doubles and triple beds? 20+ years ago I had a board with really small beds and thought it was called a "Championship Board" searching on that returns a billion results.

Do any of you know if these are still available?

'Champions Choice' was a common name for them.
[Image: i6coee.jpg]
(03-11-2019, 09:23 PM)americanhelper Wrote:
(03-11-2019, 08:39 PM)Papa w Wrote: Hi,
Winmau make one with half size trebles and doubles ..... and as in my opinion they are the best boards anyway  you can’t go wrong!!!
Hope it helps

Thanks Papa W. How'd you get to be a pili nut? I've actually invested in a few pili farmers in the Philippines!

I happen to believe the old adage "Aim small, miss small" so will be seeking out a winmau practice board.
Hope you find one  and best of luck with your pili but investment!!.... just had my reputation bumped up over the years to reach this level!!!..... love the forum on it most days!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Practice every number and section on the board *Saber* 17 4,847 03-13-2017, 02:48 AM
Last Post: anzuanzuanzu
  my practice board mcockrell 5 1,252 06-27-2016, 09:46 PM
Last Post: mcockrell