What Are The Toughest Flights?
I currently use Target Pro 100 and Target Vision Fade Flights, both 100 macron thick.

Never any issues with them until I got my Carreras. It's a good thing I'm grouping, but the bad thing is i'm having to change my flights every 4-5 days. I've had torn Flights and even clean splits.

The front of the barrel is the issue, it's causing damage. What are the toughest flights about that I can use?

Before anyone says change your darts.. I can't. These are my 'perfect dart' ;Wink

Thanks Smile

[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register
Darts:
Target Carrera C5 Pixel Grip (23g)
Target Pro Grip Black Short Stems
Target RVB Ultra Ghost No2 Black Punched Flights 
Target Titanium Slot Lock Rings
Target Storm Nano Grip Black 26mm Points

Setup:
Unicorn Eclipse HD2 Pro Edition Board
Unicorn Striker Black Surround
Target Corona Vision Light System

180's: 
2019: 68
2018: 27

Storm points or tridents for the points might save you some flights.
Robson Flights are pretty thick or you could try a cheaper alternative to the target flight like a Amazon or Pentathlon flight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Darts : GB 1 Madhouse Customs  (22g ), Medium Nylon stems , Standard Flights.
Soft Tip: 17g Dartsclearance Barrels,Medium Nylon Stems,Standard Flights,Target Pixel Tips.

Steel Board: winmau Blade 5
Soft Tip Board: Granboard Dash 

GranID: GazzaB82 
              (The Biscuit) 
http://www.custommadedarts.com  Moddarts
Moved to equipment chat...
Flights are cheap, good grouping is priceless !!!
If you know what I'm doing, don't tell me ..... I find bliss in my confusion.   

Thing is with some harder/tougher flights your deflections can be worst if your using normal flights, the dart does slide by as well, since i switched my darts in Jan i might get 2 nights maybe 3 out of a set of flights, i'll take it tho cause i'm shooting better
(03-10-2019, 02:26 AM)Borisbbadd Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
This^ flights are so cheap, if you always use the same ones just buy in bulk and be happy you’re throwing well. 

Storm points would be another option, but the pixel grip is rough so I’m assuming it’s more the barrel and not the lip between the nose and the point.
Match darts - 22g Customs
Best 501 - 11 Darts
I would love wreck flights right now, try RD Hardcore or Raw100 mine last ages and take a lot of abuse. The storm points help a lot,when I had the. Bulls Virus darts the barrels chewed lots of flights due to the rings on the barrel even with Tornado points.
[IMG]Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile [/IMG] Register 
Current Board 
Gladiator 3 with Corona Surround and Unicorn number ring
Darts
20 gram Darts Clearance, Harrows super grip fusion stems, Rapide flights with Target titanium stem rings   

Playing 40 years on and off and still barely average                 

The toughest flights I've ever had were the 180 micron Amazon flights from Darts Clearance. Actually, the black ones were definitely Amazon while I am not sure about the white ones...perhaps Pentathlon... Anyway, if the nose of your barrel damages the flights, then you need either storms or tridents.
180 Trident cones - they will smooth out the point/barrel transition - cheap as chips, very effective.

O Rings - Little rubber rings - you can slip these into any grooves on the nose cone.

Now this will fill the grooves on the nose cone... so they (The vertical lip at the back of any exposed groove) wont catch the trailing edge of a flight.
the effectiveness of this is relative to how deep, wide the nose cone grooves are.

I use these rubber rings on my Ronin Makoto's and my Red Dragon Lorraine Winstanley's - both have a very barbaric habit of chewing up flights like a tungsten cookie monster. The rubber rings do work.

Down side is you alter your grip level here and the rubber rings don't last that long, the sharp edges of the flights meeting the soft rubber tends to slice through them eventually. but O rings are cheap too... So if you have a set of nice expensive flights then you will extend their lifespan with these techniques. -

If you need colour... you can get coloured "Ringos" from Target. More expensive than black ones, but still cheap in the grand scheme of things.
Ryk is currently using:-
 鈴木 未来  Jadeite 24g
::  L-Shaft Locked Slim 300 Emerald :: Metal Champagne Ring Aqua :: - L-Flight Dimple Solid Emerald  :: Winmau Blade 6 ::
I found that Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile Pentathalon flights (100 micron, dimplex) are pretty hardcore.

As others have said, the main problem is the sharp flat end on your darts. I got some RvB silver stars cheap (about 8 quid!) from ebay (like Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile ) - I like the darts but they were chewing up all my flights (even with my bad grouping!).

The solution I use is the Trident plastic cones (Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile ). You could also repoint your darts with points that have a cone built in, however the plastic cones are cheaper/easier to do at home.

There is a chance (depending upon how you grip the dart) that the cones will interfere - in this case you just have to take the hit on flights.
Hitting 26 with regularity.