Weighing barrels + points
Well!

The time has come....for some reason or other, I decided to pick up a set .1 gram scales to check out the authenticity of my barrels.
It appears they are all pretty close , and the weight in some cases are including the point and some not. Very impressed to see the Unicorn ANDOS being on point, as we’ll as the Designas being very accurate ......
I did hear some time ago, that Harrows has the tendency to have off weighted barrels.

Either way! My main reason for all this is i have Some new darts on the *weigh . ANd they are 22 Gram  total weight barrel and point ,
NOT  -**** point barrel stem and flight**** .....so I will be gearing up to hopefully prepare for the slight shift
EDIT
These darts are advertised as 20.4 gram barrel, and 22 gram ( I assumed full set up. It must be a a 1.6 gram point )

I’ve weighed now, barrels including points.  1-4 months use 

Harrows Elite 24 Gram
Dart 1 - 24.2
Dart 2 - 24.3
Dart 3 - 24.3

Target Chizzy 80% 22 Gram
Dart 1- 22
Dart 2 - 22
Dart 3 - 21.89

Unicorn Gary Anderson phase 3 WC 25 Gram 25 Gram 
Dart 1- 25.4
Dart 2- 25.4
Dart 3 - 25.4

Designa Extreme 26 Gram
Dart 1 26.1
Dart 2 26
Dart 3 26

Designa Black Shadow 24 Gram
Dart 1 -24
Dart 2 -24
Dart 3 - 24 

This is a CAD looney $1. Typically weighs 7.0grams, or 6.9 for this 2008 looney.
Soft tip frequently gives you weight including barrel, tip, stem and flight.  Needed because boards have weight limits.  But never heard of a steel tip dart described or marketed that way.  Usually the weight given is barrel (including point) only.  Got a link to where a steel tip dart was measured as barrel, stem, and flight Calix?
Just weighed my stems

Some relief To my concern about my newly orderd dsrts being a bit light.

I bought some TITATNIUM GEN 2 PT stem the other day.EDIT GEN 2

I just weighed them,

They are 2.4 Gram!!!! So that will bump me up!

Weighed a nylon target spinner intermediate, and a midi clic shaft and flight

So it looks like I may have to start spending upwards $30 on a single set of stems to bump My weight up, or who knows, maybe I won’t even notice..

Enough of this playing around , lol time to throw some 22 Gram chizzys in anticipation of My 20.6 gram monsters lol!....Edit....I’m thinking the total weight of the Monster Barrel is 22 gram, point included. So the weight will be same As the chizzys I own.
(03-02-2019, 02:08 AM)Knixer55 Wrote: Soft tip frequently gives you weight including barrel, tip, stem and flight.  Needed because boards have weight limits.  But never heard of a steel tip dart described or marketed that way.  Usually the weight given is barrel (including point) only.  Got a link to where a steel tip dart was measured as barrel, stem, and flight Calix?

Hey,

Yes well I imagine that it would include the point.

The Unircorns and Harrows darts I just listed above - the  advertised weight is under be by .2-.4

Sorry it doesn’t lists what I said word for word. 

I ordered monster darts, and all the darts say in description 
“Barrel weight 20.4 gram, Ogre 6 - 22.00 Gram”

https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...s_id=20590

I just assumed the 22gram meant the barrel point stem and flight.

Now after weighing each item

I see the stems are atleast 1gram , and flights .07

So it’s does add up, minus the weight of points, unless that’s included in the 20.4
I really don’t understand what the Monster darts advertised weights mean.

Possibly theY ARE Listing the weight of thE BARREL ONLY and the barrel with the point.

I haven’t seen any other listing like that.

It must be a 1.6 gram point .

I Never considered the additional weight of stems and flight being an extra 1.5 grams at minimum .

First time weighing darts! Nervous about ordering two sets of 20.4 gram barrels , but if the majority of darts are advertised included point weight, it doesn’t seem so bad!
I never knew that about soft tip! Interesting . I wonder what  most soft tips boards max weight is!

I noticed In the pub tonight there was a soft tip board machine.  It looked like a old arcade game with a soft tip board mounted on It!!!

Shoulda checked it out.

How much do dart points usually weigh Nixxer?? Average? I know there are different lengths and types, please don’t give me a riddle lol.
Don't know exactly.  Got a drawer with a bunch of points in it, but no scales to weigh.  Someone will come along who does no doubt.
(03-02-2019, 03:17 AM)nixer55 Wrote: Don't know exactly.  Got a drawer with a bunch of points in it, but no scales to weigh.  Someone will come along who does no doubt.

I can only imagine they are roughly 1.5 grams.

As that  link I posted , of the monster dart, shows two weights in the description. The only thing that makes sense is the BARREL weight at 20.4 gram, and Barrel and point at 22.0gram.
(03-02-2019, 03:30 AM)CalixNL Wrote:
(03-02-2019, 03:17 AM)nixer55 Wrote: Don't know exactly.  Got a drawer with a bunch of points in it, but no scales to weigh.  Someone will come along who does no doubt.

I can only imagine they are roughly 1.5 grams.

As that  link I posted , of the monster dart, shows two weights in the description. The only thing that makes sense is the BARREL weight at 20.4 gram, and Barrel and point at 22.0gram.

I'd agree with that. Wink
I'd always thought the steel Monsters were weighed with points and the stem flight added more of course. Now I'm curious and will weigh my Monsters in the morning.
Monster like other Asian dart companies weights are total set up from the box, if you look at DC you will see 2 different number barrel then total setup, most Uk and others are barrel weight, no stem or flight
There you go Calix, Crusher's sorted us both on this one! Tongue Wink
Okay, sorry if I’m being slow

But for extra clarification

if Monster list two weights ( 20.4 and 22g )

The 20.4 gram is for just the barrell weight ?or Plus point?

And the 22 gram is the barrel , point + stock Stem and flight ? Sad sorry if I am wrong.

@ crusher Again, were you a normal 22 gram player? Or was the cobras 2s new for you?

Do you think the shape of the barrel sort of over rides the weight aspect?

Lol sorry for to extract this information from you.

And crusher , you mention Asian dart companies.....

Are these monsters coming from ASIA?????? Or are they stocked in a DC FACILITY?????

Thanks everyone,

Just caught Andos and Beaton. Beaton seemed pretty choked about drawing Anderson at the beginning, but he played a remarkable 19 legs.
A pictures is worth a thousand words...

The packaging shows the complete weight of the dart (i.e.) the Barrel, point, stem and flight.

[Image: DeXBSrI.jpg]

Barrel and point 

[Image: MjLacZh.jpg]

I happen to be using a lighter carbon stem so the weight is .5g lower than it would be with a Med standard nylon stem. With the supplied stem and flight the setup is 23g.

[Image: XyE5njm.jpg]

As posted by Crusher, most Japanese brands show the weight for the total setup on the package.

DC ships from the UK.
I think BDG answered most of the question, i normally throw 21-22 gram, but go down or up a gram to try a set, it's also how they feel sometimes, everything is in stock from DC unless stated out of stock