Changes to, well...everything.
I’ve been throwing darts sense the end of December (so about 2 months).  I thought I had the weight of dart and everything nailed down, but I was wrong.

Everything evolved...my grip, my arm motion, and the way I stand at the oche.  AND, due to that evolution, the weight of dart that I throw has changed.  I was throwing a 25 gram dart, that was what flew best for me...when I first started.  Now, my best accuracy comes from 22-23 gram darts.  Anyone else go through this?  Guess I gotta buy new darts! Big Grin
[Image: un8EQyk.jpg]

Steel-Tip Darts:  Bottelsen Precision Grip Hammerheads (23 Gram)
                         L-Style Carbon Shafts (190)
                         L-Style Flights, Blue, Standard 

Soft-Tip Darts:  Bottelsen Precision Grip (20 Gram)
                        L-Style Flights, Black, Standard
I went from a middle/front gripper to gripping right at the front and now I grip in the middle Smile

Not intentionally, it just started feeling weird throwing from the front as I think my throw had changed a bit too.

Ive also used quite a few different weights, I started at 25g and have since tried everything from 20-26g, I find 22-24g is fine for me now. 

My throw is always evolving a bit, I'm currently working on my follow through as I tend to snatch a bit, hopefully will have everything worked out in 20 years or so
Monster Helios 3 22g
One80 Vice stems
Black shape L Style flights 
Gold champagne caps 
(03-01-2019, 02:59 PM)Chappers Wrote: My throw is always evolving a bit, I'm currently working on my follow through as I tend to snatch a bit, hopefully will have everything worked out in 20 years or so

Keep my eye out for you in the 2040 Worlds!
Current Darts: 
Target Carrera C12 24g
Pentathlon TPD T1 25g
Pentathlon Darts Clearence 26g
Red Dragon Pegasus 26g
Harrows Rapide Knurled 26g
Target Vapor8 24g
Board: Blade 5 DC
180's: 9
Highest Finish: 120
Average: I wish i could even describe myself as average
Best Leg: 17 darts (i am starting to doubt this ever happened)
It really is a learning curve, especially when you are trying new darts, grips, etc.
When I first started I threw 21g straight barrels, stood kind of straight on, and had a short through, so not much follow through.
Now I through 23g front loaded darts, stand both feet about 45 degrees, and stand all the way left to the line, and have a good follow through.
It takes a lot of time, and tinkering to figure out what works, but it's whatever works best for you. Good luck.
Matchdarts- 23.3g Ks99dime Madhouse Falcon Customs, 41mm diamond points, tweenie supergrip stems, Harrows Velos flights.
Backups- 23g Shot! Birds of Prey Falcon
25g Hexoset
24g Target Power 8Zero
23g Ks99dime Madhouse Customs
23g Shot! Ronin Makoto
23g Adrian Lewis Pixel Grip
23g Target Daytona Fire 02
23g Dennis Priestley's
22g Cuesoul Black Scorpions
21g Ks99dime Custom
21g Harrows Wolframs
21g Harrows Atomics

I think it's an ongoing evolution. You can get your stance, grip, arm motion all pretty much how you like them, but there will always be something to tinker with. Dart styles, weights, shafts and flights, any number of things. It sometimes adds to the frustration level, but I think it also adds to the fun.
If you know what I'm doing, don't tell me ..... I find bliss in my confusion.   

(03-01-2019, 04:37 PM)Borisbbadd Wrote: I think it's an ongoing evolution. You can get your stance, grip, arm motion all pretty much how you like them, but there will always be something to tinker with. Dart styles, weights, shafts and flights, any number of things. It sometimes adds to the frustration level, but I think it also adds to the fun.

Well, yeah!  I have an excuse to buy more darts! LOL! I mean, I can now justify a set of Wolfram Infinity’s, right?

(03-01-2019, 04:43 PM)longgunshooterzero Wrote:
Quote:Well, yeah!  I have an excuse to buy more darts! LOL!  I mean, I can now justify a set of Wolfram Infinity’s, right?

Sounds like a really good excuse to me.  Big Grin
If you know what I'm doing, don't tell me ..... I find bliss in my confusion.   

(03-01-2019, 04:43 PM)longgunshooterzero Wrote:
(03-01-2019, 04:37 PM)Borisbbadd Wrote: I think it's an ongoing evolution. You can get your stance, grip, arm motion all pretty much how you like them, but there will always be something to tinker with. Dart styles, weights, shafts and flights, any number of things. It sometimes adds to the frustration level, but I think it also adds to the fun.

Well, yeah!  I have an excuse to buy more darts! LOL!  I mean, I can now justify a set of Wolfram Infinity’s, right?

my buddy got a set of the wolfram inifinty. man those things sure are grippy. might be a little to grippy and this is coming from a person that loves grippy.  on the release it felt like it stuck to my finger, but i do have sausage fingers
Same here.  As things have improved and evolved and still are, I am certain I have bought enough darts and darts related crap to fund an entire youth league....but hey, that's part of the fun of it and what keeps it exciting.  The truth is, I'm okay with the idea that it's a never-ending process that will probably continue until I become the first US citizen to win a PDC Championship.............or I die.  It's most likely the latter but dammit, I can dream can't I!!.
- Red

Current Favorite:
Unicorn James Wade Phase 1 (20g)---Short Nylon/Poly Shafts---Marathon/No.6 Shape Flights  

Board:
Winmau Blade 5
So, if you can’t tell from my signature...I bought a set of the Harrows Wolfram Infinity’s (22g). They are grippy, but for me...that’s a great thing to have. i grip darts lightly and have trouble with low to medium level grip. My Voks Spirit darts are setup correctly, but the grip is on the low side of medium, and they give me some slippage issues, and I eventually end up gripping them to tightly, and that throws off my release. Same issues with the Rob Cross Voltage Steel darts, love the stock setup, just too slippery for me.