Accuracy and consistency practice
I apologise if this has been covered before, but I have started darts properly about 3 weeks or so ago, I 100% understand it takes years of practice and then more practice to be at a decent level. 

I'm just wondering if there's a specific game or practice type that helps with the accuracy of my throw. I've been playing around the clock then onto doubles then triples and repeat. But wondering if this is the best way to learn or is just keep play lots of games of 501. Or even both. Sorry if this didn't make any sense haha.
There are a lot of different games you can play and you are in the right section for finding them! I would slowly build up the pace, so around the clock is a good way to get familiar with the board and different sections. Next up you can try A1 of Flight School, which is basically hitting the singles 20-13, but you can throw in any number you'd like. The aim is to get 2 of the 3 darts throw hitting the desired single. If you did, that number gets a mark. If you didn't (either miss completely or hit a double/treble) you get no mark. You need 5 marks for each number to end the game. This is a very low pressure game and will definitely build up consistency and overall accuracy.
Then you can switch it up with the A2 game, where you throw one dart and regardsless of where the dart lands, you are going to try to get the next two darts to land as close as possible to the first one. So use the first dart as a marker. This will increase your overall grouping. For starters I would say that trying to get all three darts grouped together within a margin of the size of the bull would be a good starting point. All the best of luck!
I would insert once a day 15 minutes where you completely forget about scores.

Just try to touch your previous one with the next dart.
Throw one dart, no matter where it lands, the second should touch it.
No matter where the second dart lands, the third should touch the second dart.
Try to repeat your previous throwing movement.

When you hit a treble 20, all you have to do is to repeat the throw, sounds much easier, right?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Grouping and accuracy practice video neilbirkin 4 846 03-07-2018, 03:47 PM
Last Post: chak840
  How to increase your dart throw accuracy Microtom 18 3,750 01-02-2017, 04:30 AM
Last Post: Microtom
  Consistency and accuracy practice techniques video neilbirkin 9 995 12-18-2016, 09:59 PM
Last Post: shadowdenim