EDIT -Hunting Monsters - DC PURCHASE -thread detailing my dart decisions
Thinking  about treating my self  to a new set.....!

might go the distance

Anything similar to target Daytona fires, or Monster gunners but less price ?

Might bite the bullet...I work hard I deserve it...
Why don't just Target/Monster Cool
Monster Rapier IV MG 18g No.5  Target Rising Sun 3.0 No.5
(02-28-2019, 05:13 AM)Corey_C Wrote: Why don't just Target/Monster Cool

Lol well the price factor on the Daytona is close to triple what I payed on my current most expensive set.

And I haven’t looked into the monster prices, but they seem a bit more affordable...

So maybe I’ll research the monster and see if any styles catch my eye, which some have from other dartnutz posters.....

The Daytona fires are $239 CAD locally.  Not sure DC PRICE. ILL CHECK.

And I asked about Designa models being close in comparison as I have used them in past to get a specific design close to a signature players model.
Are monsters darts mostly a lighter barrel? The majority seem to be 22g and under..

ALso,, are they mostly rear grip darts? From what I’m seeing they appear to be, EDIT yes I see some straight barrels. But I’m interested in some new design.

Gonna take a bit of research
https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...s_id=41168

https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...s_id=42835
These ones are cheaper and are 28 gram! Woo never threw that weight , little bit of grip at front which I like, but I’ve been slightly moving backwards
They also seem to be a shorter barrel , 40-43mm.....

https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...s_id=41164

This was my original attraction
Also, the list weight will say 20.2 g. Then gold 23 g.
....?
The 1st link are 22.4 grams, 2nd are 26 gram total setup is 28 grams, if your looking at more towards back grip plenty of Monster take a look at the Cobras in the clearance there going for around 60 Can
Dartshive (Japan) is now on sale https://www.dartshive.jp/html/page132.html
Monster Rapier IV MG 18g No.5  Target Rising Sun 3.0 No.5
https://www.quantumdarts.co.uk/product-c...steel-tip/

not designa but Soft tip darts will be added in the next month or so
Monster darts weights are listed as full setup, so include stems and flights. So if they are 22g, then generally the barrels are 20.6g I believe. They're the only brand I know if who do this, others show the weight of the barrel.
Do Monster weights include the tip?
That's a good question. I'm guessing the steel tips are with the points but maybe somebody else can chime in on that.
I've really taken a liking to the Monster barrels over the past 1 1/2 years. I just have been drawn to the quality of the designs and have found the right balance specifically with Gunner lV and V near ideal for me.
(02-28-2019, 11:16 AM)Jim_sol Wrote: Monster darts weights are listed as full setup, so include stems and flights. So if they are 22g, then generally the barrels are 20.6g I believe. They're the only brand I know if who do this, others show the weight of the barrel.

Thanks!

@ crusher, I am mostly front grip, and was asking if monster barrels appear to be more rear grip design focus. I see the gunner has a bit on concentration on front grip design.

I’m only concerned about weight."..but the size of barrel seems chunky and that’s ok
There's lots of Monster with front grip most are straight barrel tho, i have the Peacemaker 2's & like i said i grabbed the Cobra2's onsale i'm a front gripper and they work good for me, but if your after a certian shape use the dart selector on DC
(02-28-2019, 05:21 PM)HCrusher17 Wrote: There's lots of Monster with front grip most are straight barrel tho, i have the Peacemaker 2's & like i said i grabbed the Cobra2's onsale i'm a front gripper and they work good for me, but if your after a certian shape use the dart selector on DC

Regarding shape:

That is my quest now....I have tried a a number of shapes so far. But I am Willing to try something new. I really Appreciate the Design of the fatter barrels monster makes. Like the GUnners . . . I am now just wondering how the design etches in the front of the barrel are for a bit of grip !

I didn’t have much time to look last night, but today I will have a good peekaboo!!

I really do like a front loaded dart . But not to much concentration on the front end. A very slight taper from front to back .

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which two sets to buy from Designa (edit: or Harrows/Winmau)? southpaw_8585 7 334 02-19-2020, 06:26 PM
Last Post: southpaw_8585
  Decisions Decisions!!! CantstopDarting 12 630 10-24-2019, 05:59 AM
Last Post: pkittle
  Noob seeking help/advice on purchase Spalpeen 14 475 07-27-2019, 01:49 AM
Last Post: Spalpeen
  Best light darts to purchase? MB_AV 3 437 04-04-2018, 02:42 AM
Last Post: Sultan Pepper
  Where to purchase Peter Wright darts? Dwing 3 763 12-05-2017, 05:46 AM
Last Post: The G