EDIT -Hunting Monsters - DC PURCHASE -thread detailing my dart decisions
Do Monster weights include the tip?
That's a good question. I'm guessing the steel tips are with the points but maybe somebody else can chime in on that.
I've really taken a liking to the Monster barrels over the past 1 1/2 years. I just have been drawn to the quality of the designs and have found the right balance specifically with Gunner lV and V near ideal for me.
(02-28-2019, 11:16 AM)Jim_sol Wrote: Monster darts weights are listed as full setup, so include stems and flights. So if they are 22g, then generally the barrels are 20.6g I believe. They're the only brand I know if who do this, others show the weight of the barrel.

Thanks!

@ crusher, I am mostly front grip, and was asking if monster barrels appear to be more rear grip design focus. I see the gunner has a bit on concentration on front grip design.

I’m only concerned about weight."..but the size of barrel seems chunky and that’s ok
There's lots of Monster with front grip most are straight barrel tho, i have the Peacemaker 2's & like i said i grabbed the Cobra2's onsale i'm a front gripper and they work good for me, but if your after a certian shape use the dart selector on DC
(02-28-2019, 05:21 PM)HCrusher17 Wrote: There's lots of Monster with front grip most are straight barrel tho, i have the Peacemaker 2's & like i said i grabbed the Cobra2's onsale i'm a front gripper and they work good for me, but if your after a certian shape use the dart selector on DC

Regarding shape:

That is my quest now....I have tried a a number of shapes so far. But I am Willing to try something new. I really Appreciate the Design of the fatter barrels monster makes. Like the GUnners . . . I am now just wondering how the design etches in the front of the barrel are for a bit of grip !

I didn’t have much time to look last night, but today I will have a good peekaboo!!

I really do like a front loaded dart . But not to much concentration on the front end. A very slight taper from front to back .
Seek ye first the Kingdom of God
(02-28-2019, 05:21 PM)Crusher17 Wrote: There's lots of Monster with front grip most are straight barrel tho, i have the Peacemaker 2's & like i said i grabbed the Cobra2's onsale i'm a front gripper and they work good for me, but if your after a certian shape use the dart selector on DC

Ooooh Baby, cobra 2s are interesting

https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...s_id=21436

EDIT found the Sale
 ones,
Natural
https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...s_id=21435

Thanks! Contender 1
I think I like gunner V and the cobra 2.

I want something with latteral etching / cuts in the front grip.

They both fit the bill.

The ogres, are nice. ! They are a straighter barrel, and longer.....and have great gripping marks...
Dud dun dun
Oh man. The Ogre VII have lots of reference points, great grip, and lateral cuts on front grip....its a straight barrel so that’s nothing new to me.....and the weight is a bit light...with 6.6 being the widest diameter....
https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...s_id=27771

But the cobra 2 have a diameter max at 7.4 I think, and I would like to try the new shape...
And the gunners are just beautiful looking ....and have some front etching I like ....

So????

Contender 1 , ogres vI or vII dont see much diff..

Or cobra 2

or gunner 4 or 5???

May try the Ogres.......just because I’m familiar with straight. Barrell.

Also the only issue I’m getting stuck on is the 22g total weight barrels points shaft flight  set up....I’m used to 24-26g......all though with the shape of the dart on the Gunner 5 , I dont feel it being an issue....I have thrown 22 before, but we’re straight barrel chizzys......

I think the Cobra 2 natural will give me taste of both worlds. . . And saving a few bucks?

Does anyone have experience with the Monster Ogres.???
The Mark III actually look pretty appealing

https://www.dartscorner.co.uk/product_in...s_id=22699
Woops!!! I did it??! Placed an order lol
[Image: 4QSOaAj.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Decisions Decisions!!! CantstopDarting 10 338 10-15-2019, 10:44 PM
Last Post: homergoalie
  Noob seeking help/advice on purchase Spalpeen 14 372 07-27-2019, 01:49 AM
Last Post: Spalpeen