Embed pictures using Google Photo
Embedding Pictures with Google Photos

Had a few inquiries on to how to use pictures from Google Photos.  Thanks to Levonster for giving me a link to play with. Big Grin

This is an Interesting issue, but been around for a few years now.  Problem is, Google doesn't give you a direct link to the picture, rather a link to code which is translated by Google to serve up the image.  Google likes to do things their own way, and damn the torpedoes. Tongue 

But Google has a page which will 'translate' the link and export a direct connection.  The exported link works fine on the forum.  Courtesy of Levonster, here's a converted link resized to 300 X 300:

[Image: uc?export=download&id=1mvTBC-_qW8XAqccmZMnO4cV7mWO6n-jT]

The page that translates the link is here.  They include instructions on what to do on Google Drive as well:

https://sites.google.com/site/gdocs2direct/

Once you have the translated link, copy and paste into the "Insert Image" dialogue from the forum post editor.  That's where I resized it down to 300 X 300.  You can see this by toggling the "View Source" button - far right of the post editor toolbar.

And that's how you can use Google Photos to share images on the forum!

P.S.  And Levonster, please don't delete that picture, it's live! Big Grin Smile Wink
Here i upload my darts related stuff - strange situations and lucky throws:
Google Drive link removed
(07-17-2019, 12:00 PM)Mihkel Ilves Wrote: Here i upload my darts related stuff - strange situations and lucky throws:
Removed Google Drive link

First let me say, welcome to the forum.  Post moved to this thread because I couldn't think where else to put it.  By the description, doesn't seem to fit in the "show us 3 triples" thread, although it might, can't say.  Unable to access the files, even when signing in with my own Google account.  Which is probably a permission issue on your end - haven't really investigated.  Nor should I need to, which explains why the post has been been moved here.

Google Drive and Google Photos are different animals for sharing pictures on a forum.  It can be done as this thread shows, but it's not intuitive.  I recommend you introduce yourself in our Intro area - https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9.  Not only for the intro, but to build up the 5 posts you need before certain forum features kick in.  After that, you should check out the Forum Guides area - https://www.dartsnutz.net/forum/showthre...?tid=33726.  From there, you can read about your options for attaching pictures, sharing photo albums, and many other subjects.

cheers...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to remove Pictures on Tapatalk Crusher17 11 2,211 05-27-2019, 02:02 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  Embedding Pictures in a Post nixer55 8 280 05-16-2019, 07:48 PM
  Remove Pictures from Quoted Posts - PC nixer55 1 363 04-28-2019, 02:04 AM
  Forum Guide - Sideways Pictures with iPad nixer55 12 628 01-15-2019, 04:19 AM
  Loading pictures Devin37 1 188 01-13-2019, 03:26 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  I couldn't see pictures. Why? elevendarter 7 569 07-03-2018, 10:20 PM
  Quoting pictures & posts vanJupp 25 2,657 06-21-2018, 07:58 PM
Last Post: mc1958
  How to post pictures on the Dartsnutz forum (PC + Mobile) joeriw96 9 1,589 05-31-2018, 05:05 AM
Last Post: Zazl