first bad loss in ages: how to adjust mindset to move on
Hi guys

Just had a dog of a match. Was 3-0 down & ended up losing 5-3. First 3 legs i was awful. Came on and was scoring 60s and 80s in last 5 legs inc a 120 and 100 chk out (60-20-d10) but doubles were downfall.

Took me ages to find my groove and got frustrated as early as leg one. It was an opponent i should have beat as well. If id have started as i did in leg 4 itd have been wipeout.

My first bad loss in a while (comparative with only playing 4 months).

I know its only 1 loss but its bothered me and no idea why?

Any tips for moving on. I know im still a novice and everyones loses

A positive is had highest chk out to date at 100
Darts: 25g phase 1 Barney copy (Darts Clearance) 
Stems: DC short
Flights: std 75mc
Board: Winmau Blade 5. 

Best 100 at 20 score: 115 (17/10/18)
Current ave: 95

Please follow my blog:

Blog: https://mydartinglife.blogspot.com

Twitter: lukestacey@mydartinglife

You know your doubles were a downfall so practice them a little harder - but take the 100 checkout as a big positive. I'm guessing as you said you should have beat the player that you went in assuming you had already won it before throwing a dart - don't ever think this. I would also get to the venue a little earlier to warm up a little more.
Mate it is one of many losses you will suffer when you know you should beat your opponent.

Dont dwell on it or it may harm you.

You said you played awful in the first 3 legs and that is what you take out of that game. You have just learnt that you cant give any opponent a head start. File it in the memory bank and move forward.
[Image: e4ffe4e8.png]

League High Peg Outs: Monday 160, Tuesday 170, Thursday 170, Friday 160
Now I would take you as a team mate, your bothered because u loosed. Now practice those doubles.
well you were 3 - 0 down but still won 3 so cant have been totally bad, as Jimbo says dont dwell on it, move on Smile
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]
Ronnie O Sullivan lost today 4-6 losing first half session 1-3.After 1-4 he was good 2 century breaks but it wasn't enough .Even best of players have these situations ,but only real players(shooters)can play from clean sheet next time they are at oche. And something mad from Troll as bonus .Wear new shirt at your next game and say to your self-My bad scores ,my double trouble ,and all things that were troubling me has gone away with that old shirt. Now I have fresh start,and I will be bloody good ,because I have my winning jersey on.
180-0(32)
[Image: lvnS5tM.jpg]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSk3_mUOv_jGoysjynm41f...KJnZ__w9ge]
Face it, nobody is "ON" every time they step to the line to throw. Chalk it up to one of those days and move on. As already said, don't dwell on it. Take it for what it was, an off day for you, and let it go at that.
On a plus side you have done well to go 3 or 4 months without a loss as many would have lost a game before now. We all have those off days and some have off weeks or months. The beauty of darts is that apart from one man in this world Phil Taylor we all lose games we should have won. The art of this game is to understand that darts is made up of lots of different elements and if all of them are aligned then a good win is on the cards but one or two off and who knows what will happen. You will lose a lot more over your career so it is a case of take the positives from the game and that was that you can still win legs from 3-0 down which shows you are a fighter & don't give up and take that in to your next game knowing if you go 2 down it is not a problem. We learn as much if not more from losing as we do from winning so learn & come back stronger by working on your areas that you felt were not aligned. Always remember my philosophy if you don't give them a shot at the double they cant beat you. If you let them have a shot the game is out of your hands for those 3 darts. But don't be too hard on yourself as I have seen so many new player set their expectations too high, you are not a pro so forget trying to play like they do. Try and enjoy the moment win or lose.
[Image: biggun_zpsbb548844.png][/php]
[Image: WCWx6_zpsbcc6fc46.png]
Hi BG i have lost prior however this was the first in a while.

Normal service resumed tho. Played again tonite beat my nemesis 3-1. Ironically my first time using my Mervyn king 24s. Hit 14 over 60.

Cheers for the support guys
Darts: 25g phase 1 Barney copy (Darts Clearance) 
Stems: DC short
Flights: std 75mc
Board: Winmau Blade 5. 

Best 100 at 20 score: 115 (17/10/18)
Current ave: 95

Please follow my blog:

Blog: https://mydartinglife.blogspot.com

Twitter: lukestacey@mydartinglife

it was just a micro blip then! quick comeback Smile
Subscribe to Darts Review Channel here: Darts Review Channel on Youtube

Click to visit Darts Review Channel website

My darts collection:
Flickr Album

[Image: 87L1RR5.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Takes ages to warm up properly Atilla 17 900 12-12-2018, 01:53 PM
Last Post: Atilla
  Is it a good idea to eliminate backward move Troll 13 2,431 03-11-2016, 08:11 AM
Last Post: Balin
  Proper mindset for better scoring power PC462000 8 1,534 12-15-2015, 05:27 AM
Last Post: BigE