Gran Board Update 6.1.4 2/20/19 iOS Version
I did the 6.1.4 update for the Gran, app and board, last week, but the updates did not take hold.  It acted like it worked going through the process of updating the board firmware, but the firmware section of the Gran Board settings software did not show that the board or app was 6.1.4.

Today, there was another update in the Apple App Store for the 6.1.4 Gran app.  I updated the firmware on my iPad.  When I tried to connect the app to the board, I kept getting the message that Bluetooth was not enabled when it was.  I tried to reset the Bluetooth on my iPad, and turned the board on and off.  At one point it did connect, but updating the board kept failing.

The solution is that after updating the Gran app on your iPad, make sure you do a hard reset on the iPad, by holding the start and off buttons at the same time, until the iPad shuts down, restarts, and you see the Apple logo.  When the iPad is on again, if the Grand Board app is still active, close it.  Turn off your grand board. Then toggle the Bluetooth on the iPad on, off, then on again.  Turn on the Grand Board, then start the Grand Board app.  One of two things will happen, either the app will automatically take you to the firmware update screen, or you will have to go to the settings menu on the app, then to firmware update, and start the update yourself.

When I went through this process, it shows that there are 5 steps to the update.   Near the end of this process, the update stops and asks you if the "On led light", is blinking.  The first time it wasn’t, (it was lit solid orange) so I had to go through the board firmware update again.  The second time I got a red blinking led.  The app asked if the board On led is blinking, then the app asked me to tap on the color it was blinking, so I hit the red led button on the app, and got the message "Installation Finished Successfully".

Because, this was a trial and error process I thought it would be helpful to share it with everyone.

On a side note, I purchased all of the extra Party and Practice games.  To my surprise I was not charged for the new games that this update brought.  It doesn’t automatically give you those games.  Instead as you click on the new games it asks you to buy them, where the price is zero coins.  On a number of the original games when you click on them they automatically update.  For this to happen you must be online.  After that you can be offline to play the games.

Sorry for the long post, I hope I was clear in explaining the process I went through.  I think Gran is working on making the update process simpler, it’s not completely there yet, but this time around it was better.  

Good luck everyone.

Cheers, Rick
Gran 3 - ID: Bull007, One80 Gladiator 3, & Nodor President
Darts: Target, Colonial, Unicorn & Pacer - Soft & Steel Tip
Moved to soft tip chat.  Curious how this correlates with the 'pinned' thread GranBoard 3 Firmware Forced update in this room.  Loss of bluetooth connectivity is a symptom described in both.
(02-21-2019, 02:18 AM)nixer55 Wrote: Moved to soft tip chat.  Curious how this correlates with the 'pinned' thread GranBoard 3 Firmware Forced update in this room.  Loss of bluetooth connectivity is a symptom described in both.

Thanks Nixer, I didn’t realize there was a soft tip chat.  I’ll put these there next time.  I’m going to read that post next. Smile
Hi Guys,

Today the Gran Board 6.1.5 update showed up in my app updates in iTunes, and I updated the Gran app.  The issues being fixed by this update, were not issues I had with version 6.1.4

When I turned on the app and then the board, the app did not see the board, even though I had reset the Bluetooth (turn BT on then off then on) on the iPad.  So this time, my first action was to do a hard reset on the iPad.  That did the trick, and the app connected to the board with no issues.  I’m thinking that since the Bluetooth connection happens automatically, maybe a hard reset is the only way to clear the last versions Bluetooth settings?

When the app connected to the board it did not ask me to update the firmware on the board.  I thought this was interesting, so I went into settings to see if I needed to do a board firmware update.  In the setting area it showed Ver6.1.5.  To my surprise the update button was no longer there. I don’t know if it needed a firmware update, or if the update was done in the background.  Maybe Gran has simplified the firmware update process, time will tell.

The bottom line is that everything seems to be working properly when just attempting to start a game.  When I get time to play a few games if I notice any issues, I post again.  

Cheers, everyone!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gran Board 3 Firmware Update Issue, v. 6.1.6 Adam Emery 8 1,560 09-17-2019, 01:52 AM
Last Post: J.j. Bebout
  Gran board Windows APP? Tek_FPV 1 516 06-29-2019, 04:33 AM
Last Post: chrisbck
  Gran Board Question TJSlayer 3 798 05-27-2019, 08:48 PM
Last Post: nixer55
  Gran Board 3 Darts sinjed 2 552 02-22-2019, 12:03 AM
Last Post: BDG
  Looking to purchase a Gran board 3, a couple questions Peto48 15 1,067 02-09-2019, 02:53 AM
Last Post: Peto48
  Gran Board 3 PCB/Broken USB Androooo 5 929 01-27-2019, 02:12 AM
Last Post: Androooo
  Gran Board Users TJSlayer 44 6,076 01-21-2019, 12:58 AM
Last Post: Ehudakineyah
  Gran Board 3 on all the time? Also what power adapter? Sunny 4 1,240 01-04-2019, 08:56 PM
Last Post: Sunny
  HELP! Gran Board 3 Sensor Issues Zaner 6 1,704 12-29-2018, 11:39 PM
Last Post: TJSlayer
  Last version of Vdarts app that works with Gran Board? Ginoworm 8 3,169 12-17-2018, 04:45 PM
Last Post: Henniebrandweer