Wondering about flights
Have lately been considering getting moulded flights. Over on Facebook someone mentioned Robson flights. Checked and liked they can work on regular stems. What is the a difference between standard and standard #6, or is there one? Also, is there any other brand that has flights that work on regular stems? Checked L style and others but, if they do i couldn't tell going by the way they were listed. I also seem to do fine with kite flights but, what Robson had wasn't listed as kite and seemed a bit oversized, anything in that regard?
Once i tried robson standart flights and i can warn you that accuracy percentage had dropped significantly I think because those flights are heavier. Maybe I would have needed extra time like couple of month to get used to it and percentage would have been better.
2017 180s: 5
2018 180s: 2
2019 180s: 0
(02-18-2019, 09:07 AM)Vilmis Wrote: Once i tried robson standart flights and i can warn you that accuracy percentage had dropped significantly I think because those flights are heavier. Maybe I would have needed extra time like couple of month to get used to it and percentage would have been better.

Thanks. Only planning on buying one, maybe two sets. Would definitely be only testing them out. Not planning on a full switch without giving them thorough tryout.
I found the robsons didnt last that long for me. In terns of best performance it was the cosmo fit flit air but ended up playing L style Lflights as they lasted much longer for me.
The difference between the standard and the No6 standard is the same like it is between common flights. I mean No6 is the Harrows size and the No2 is the bigger size like Amazon or Pentathlon, Winmau etc. Target make both sizes...

I used to use Robsons for some time and they were quite good. I preferred the fantails. Two of my mates though have been using No6 or No2 respectively for quite a long time and they like them.

Wheather they're heavier or lighter and therefore wheather they're good for you or not no one can confirm anyway. I think buying a set or two won't bancrupt you :-)
I believe you can also use l style moulded flights with standard stems. You may want to use spinning stems though to help prolong the flights. Harrow or target make decent spinners at low cost.

Personally I tried most of the moulded flight systems but found no real difference from standard flights. Also I found that now and then a new £5 flight will split very quickly and in the end I concluded it was not worth the extra cost for me.

If you do try them let us know how you get on.
Darts:  Datadart Icon 24g Modified to 22g with three extra rings and shortened to 49mm
Shafts: Mission Nylon medium 
Flights: Mission logo 100 No.2 

[Image: op13lZ6.png]
I have absolutely fallen in love with the Cuesoul AK4 flight and shaft set up. I feel like I have a lot more control on where the dart is going. I also like the way they are designed to spin without rattling while you are trying to throw them.
(02-19-2019, 03:54 AM)ROKGoose Wrote: I have absolutely fallen in love with the Cuesoul AK4 flight and shaft set up. I feel like I have a lot more control on where the dart is going. I also like the way they are designed to spin without rattling while you are trying to throw them.

Rattle is what always put me off spinners.
(02-19-2019, 03:57 AM)nixer55 Wrote:
(02-19-2019, 03:54 AM)ROKGoose Wrote: I have absolutely fallen in love with the Cuesoul AK4 flight and shaft set up.  I feel like I have a lot more control on where the dart is going.  I also like the way they are designed to spin without rattling while you are trying to throw them.

Rattle is what always put me off spinners.

Same here. The AK4s don't rattle at all.
Tbf the whole reason i have considered it is because getting regular flights to get (let alone stay) in a proper X can easily such a hassle. Seems due to potential weight issues i might need to try the combo of flights and stems. Right now, of the darts i would consider "match darts" all have intermediate stems (Harrows supergrip). About what size range should i try out?
I use standard or small standard L Style flights and have tried them with Target Pro Grip Spin stems and they work well, they grip them nice and tightly.

I've also used the L Style carbon silent stems, they don't rattle but they do tend to loosen up fairly quickly, a tiny drop of grease sorts them out though
Bulls NL 501 pyramid grip 24g
L Style flights & stems
Unicorn Volute points
Condors are another. They are really unusual in that they are one molded, flexible piece. They bend to get out of the way of incoming darts like you can see in the picture. You can get some crazy deflections (like bouncing several inches across the board and still sticking) but I'm starting to think those would just be no score deflections with regular flights. Really durable too. [Image: eacee6bcbc778aff49650b6e3512365d.jpg]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Wow, that is some crazy bend in those shafts.  When you throw them, do they fly like the nerd's  javelin in Revenge of the Nerds?  Haha, I couldn't resist.

I have never tried any of these molded shafts and flights.  I know the owner of the local dart shop is always pushing the CueSouls.  I don't believe the dart and shaft are integrated together, but I think they have a whole CueSoul shaft/flight systems.  

Good Luck to the OP.  This is one of the fun parts of this hobby, trying a whole bunch of different things until you feel confident in what you got that you throw high scores and always hit your target.

Thanks,
Z
Started playing September 2018

Board - Winmau - Blade 5 Dual Core
Match Darts - Target Agora A05 Swiss Point (Supergrip shafts, Retina flights)
Other Sets - a whole bunch of Ando's and almost every set of MVGs.  Too many to list.

Best 501 game - 14 (steel tip - 100, 140, 125, 41, 95 (T19 - D19); 15 (soft tip) 
Number of 180s - 2018 = 5; 2019 = 38; 2020 = 29 (3 in tourney and league play)
Highest checkout - 148 (T20 - T20 - D14)
(02-18-2019, 12:05 PM)neil_kman Wrote: I found the robsons didnt last that long for me. In terns of best performance it was the cosmo fit flit air but ended up playing L style Lflights as they lasted much longer for me.

I have tried both Robsons and Cosmo Fit Flight Airs. I have to say that Robsons are far more durable than the Airs, at least in my hands. I like the Airs more because they are lighter, but the durability is an issue... These have been used just over one week and they both have deep cuts... unlucky perhaps?

(02-20-2019, 03:00 AM)MontMozart Wrote: Wow, that is some crazy bend in those shafts.  When you throw them, do they fly like the nerd's  javelin in Revenge of the Nerds?  Haha, I couldn't resist.

I have never tried any of these molded shafts and flights.  I know the owner of the local dart shop is always pushing the CueSouls.  I don't believe the dart and shaft are integrated together, but I think they have a whole CueSoul shaft/flight systems.  

Good Luck to the OP.  This is one of the fun parts of this hobby, trying a whole bunch of different things until you feel confident in what you got that you throw high scores and always hit your target.

Thanks,
Z

And then when you find the perfect setup and you're hitting everything, do the Nutz thing and decide you need to try more stuff anyway Big Grin
Bulls NL 501 pyramid grip 24g
L Style flights & stems
Unicorn Volute points