Wondering about flights
Have lately been considering getting moulded flights. Over on Facebook someone mentioned Robson flights. Checked and liked they can work on regular stems. What is the a difference between standard and standard #6, or is there one? Also, is there any other brand that has flights that work on regular stems? Checked L style and others but, if they do i couldn't tell going by the way they were listed. I also seem to do fine with kite flights but, what Robson had wasn't listed as kite and seemed a bit oversized, anything in that regard?
Once i tried robson standart flights and i can warn you that accuracy percentage had dropped significantly I think because those flights are heavier. Maybe I would have needed extra time like couple of month to get used to it and percentage would have been better.
2017 180s: 5
2018 180s: 2
2019 180s: 0
(02-18-2019, 09:07 AM)Vilmis Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Thanks. Only planning on buying one, maybe two sets. Would definitely be only testing them out. Not planning on a full switch without giving them thorough tryout.
I found the robsons didnt last that long for me. In terns of best performance it was the cosmo fit flit air but ended up playing L style Lflights as they lasted much longer for me.
The difference between the standard and the No6 standard is the same like it is between common flights. I mean No6 is the Harrows size and the No2 is the bigger size like Amazon or Pentathlon, Winmau etc. Target make both sizes...

I used to use Robsons for some time and they were quite good. I preferred the fantails. Two of my mates though have been using No6 or No2 respectively for quite a long time and they like them.

Wheather they're heavier or lighter and therefore wheather they're good for you or not no one can confirm anyway. I think buying a set or two won't bancrupt you :-)
I believe you can also use l style moulded flights with standard stems. You may want to use spinning stems though to help prolong the flights. Harrow or target make decent spinners at low cost.

Personally I tried most of the moulded flight systems but found no real difference from standard flights. Also I found that now and then a new £5 flight will split very quickly and in the end I concluded it was not worth the extra cost for me.

If you do try them let us know how you get on.
I have absolutely fallen in love with the Cuesoul AK4 flight and shaft set up. I feel like I have a lot more control on where the dart is going. I also like the way they are designed to spin without rattling while you are trying to throw them.
(02-19-2019, 03:54 AM)ROKGoose Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Rattle is what always put me off spinners.
(02-19-2019, 03:57 AM)nixer55 Wrote: Only available to view for active members with 5 or more posts click register to join Smile
Register
Same here. The AK4s don't rattle at all.
Tbf the whole reason i have considered it is because getting regular flights to get (let alone stay) in a proper X can easily such a hassle. Seems due to potential weight issues i might need to try the combo of flights and stems. Right now, of the darts i would consider "match darts" all have intermediate stems (Harrows supergrip). About what size range should i try out?