Query :viable high scoring Routes
High scoring alternatives, 180’s aside.

As valuable as they are , I can imagine they’re are many options to get a high score ton -180.

Which in turn can Lead to proper scoring and advantageous set ups for outshots .

I am aware the strategies are endless , but I am curious to hear some of you DN’s alternatives to pegging a few high scores upon visit to the oche. .  . With T20s, t19s, T18s and t17 and bulls available .

In a start off match will you sometime work your way around the other big trebles to warm up in a sense , and try and peg those high scores , like a T20, and 2t19s? 

I feel it would be a good Idea to keep a rotating rational for scoring , all the while avoiding potential 1s &5 on a T20s miss.

Any routes you like to take,to,try and peg high scores feel free to share..no judgements . I’m still working on improving a 54-57 average .
Thanks

Calix
It just dawned on me, I could have a look at a outshot card from 170 down and pick up a few routes....
Just looking to hear some feedback from human perception and personal experience
Seek ye first the Kingdom of God
The point is, learn the outshots and commit them to memory and also know there are several ways to take certain numbers out and not just what's on the card.

The more you know your outshots and the different variables of certain numbers, the more proficient you will become in making them. Nothing breaks the rhythm of a throw more than if you have to stop to refigure what's left after every dart thrown.

Go to the oche knowing if you don't hit a particular treble to start and only get a single, you should know what other treble is needed to finish and go to that with little hesitation.
There's lots of times you need to score, but T20 is not the best option.  Let's say you've blocked (or even crowded) the T20 bed.  Maybe you have a loose dart close, or just aren't finding the 20's at all. Then it's best to switch to another high treble.   You'll hear it called that on televised matches - "switch".   Most common would be T19, but you'll see most of the larger trebles used for finishes and setups.  And don't forget the bull!

Get yourself an outshot chart, and take note of the trebles suggested in those finishes.  Then make sure you get plenty of practice with them. 

Saber did a couple of charts for the forum, if you don't have one handy:

2 dart outs
3 dart outs

Good luck!
Mmm thanks .

I know I suggested the word outshot in my previous post, but I am more interested in start of leg or mid game high scores you like to shoot for aside from the traditional 3 t20s.

I suggested looking at an outshot card to look at those suggested routes , but I wanted to know your personal go to” alternatives .

I am more interested in high scoring routes other then T20 T20 T20 , that you guys and girls enjoy going for if you have to move off the T20s, I.e. they aren’t cooperating for some reason, or if you just feel more comfortable going for t19s or t18s t17s.......
(02-17-2019, 04:49 AM)nixer55 Wrote:  Most common would be T19, but you'll see most of the larger trebles used for finishes and setups.  And don't forget the bull!

THanks Nixxer for that.

And the piece about when T20s aren’t working.

That is a Good point I should have added into My questions.

Do any of you have any more preference towards other high trebles? Or segments of the board?

I am sure this has been discussed before, and if there is previous threads On it please share.
The 20 has a 5 and 1 on the sides.

The 19 has a 7 and a 3

The 18 has a 1 and 4

The 17 has 3 and 2

The 16 has 8 and 7 

The 15 has 2 and 10

The 14 11 and 9

, there has got to be a strategy to figure out what your best spots on the board to shoot at are and which result in best miss scenarios.
I’m fairly tall, so when the 20’s aren’t happening or are blocked, I tend to stay high and go for 18.
(02-17-2019, 10:47 PM)CalixNL Wrote: Mmm thanks .

I know I suggested the word outshot in my previous post, but I am more interested in start of leg or mid game high scores you like to shoot for aside from the traditional 3 t20s.

I suggested looking at an outshot card to look at those suggested routes , but I wanted to know your personal go to” alternatives .

I am more interested in high scoring routes other then T20 T20 T20 , that you guys and girls enjoy going for if you have to move off the T20s, I.e. they aren’t cooperating for some reason, or if you  just feel more comfortable going for t19s or t18s t17s.......

It is pretty natural to head to the 19, 18, 17 when the 20's are blocked by the first or second dart.    That is just common sense really, especially if not close to getting to a checkout number and using a lesser value wedge to get to an out shot.

I've watched a lot of darts on PDC Live over the years and the way the pros throw has not been wasted on me.  Their use of cover shots is vital in scoring maximum points per round.  There are still those that live and die in the 20 bed-----Steve Beaton comes to mind, but for the most part, almost all the pros currently on tour will go for cover shots when the T-20 bed is not available.

And likewise, so do I.  I mean, if it's good enough for the guys making the big bucks-------who am I to argue.
(02-17-2019, 11:17 PM)CalixNL Wrote: , there has got to be a strategy to figure out what your best spots on the board to shoot at are and which result in best miss scenarios.

The strategy is quite simple.    Don't throw stray darts in neighboring numbers when tossing at high value numbers.   If we could all do that, this game would be real easy, wouldn't it.
(02-18-2019, 12:49 AM)gumbo2176 Wrote:
(02-17-2019, 11:17 PM)CalixNL Wrote: , there has got to be a strategy to figure out what your best spots on the board to shoot at are and which result in best miss scenarios.

The strategy is quite simple.    Don't throw stray darts in neighboring numbers when tossing at high value numbers.   If we could all do that, this game would be real easy, wouldn't it.

Yes’m , but I am looking at the board As if some person may have a more preferable quadrant to shoot for on the board .

Strategy and skill is (edit) I guess the separation of where I am going with this . If you are not skilled enough to hit the high value numbers with confidence , maybe you have another preferable number that you can shoot at with confidence, and a miss of personal (and preferable) high value number would leave you with a higher neighbouring number than the 1or the 5.

Not trying to debate anything, just wondering what people’s strong numbers and comfortable hit shots are. And if it’s possible there is mathematical route that produces a higher score if you factor in the possibility of misses and hitting “neighbouring” beds. 

I tried doing the math on a few past the 20 to the 16,factoring misses , adding the lower numbered beds to the targeted high number . It all seems to even out pretty well . As in, there is no benefit to single out a certain target . Factoring the risk of misses and lower scores .

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pc dart scoring software Mackemchris 7 292 04-19-2019, 10:44 PM
Last Post: elevendarter
  scoring and doubles BigStr8L 0 234 05-09-2018, 01:14 PM
Last Post: BigStr8L
  Improve your Scoring and Doubling Sidewinder 4 993 05-24-2016, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Sidewinder