How often do you practice?
(10-19-2019, 11:19 PM)Borisbbadd Wrote:
(10-19-2019, 10:59 PM)Tezcat Wrote: Currently only get a practice game with the missus on a friday night in the pub then play league on a monday.

We used to have a dart board in the kitchen until I bought the missus a bigger fridge freezer. Darts have definitely gone downhill. I just can't find another spot in the house to set up a board.

How about on the back of the bedroom door ?
Icon_sunny If you are kind of a 'handy man' try this:fashion (bend) a sturdy wire coat hanger with a loop at one end that fits over the screw in the center back of the board and bent at the other end so it fits snugly over the top of a door, or sturdy picture hanger, and puts the dart board at the correct height. I used to do this when I traveled a lot and stayed in hotels often. The only problem I had was the noise from the darts hitting the board being a nuisance to people in other rooms, that's why I always asked for a room at the end of a hall ;-).

Good idea George , especially for travelling players.

Here’s what I did for my basement laundry door.
Christmas ‘wreath hangers’ , straightened and drilled and mounted to a sheet of plywood.
I generally throw a thin towel over the door before I hang it, keeps it snug and dampens the noise somewhat.

Cheers
180’s
2018 - 0
2019 - 14
2020 - 1

Iv’e been working on my accuracy. I’ve gone from 53.6% to 92.8% getting 3 darts in the foam ring around my Winmau !
I practice 2 times a week and play twice a week but you have to find the right balance. I seem to play really well in practice but am playing really poorly in a game, probably best to practice lest and play more, there's nothing like a competitive game compared to a practice one.
Just stumbled on this in my feed, I like what he says about practicing too much.

B: 22g   S: Short   F: Kite   180s: 1/25

The Bad Darter
good    Thanks, JT, for posting that video!

BUT, "Practice Makes Perfect", which means I need to practice about twenty-three hours EVERY day - rofl  

Wink
(10-19-2019, 06:47 AM)Papa w Wrote: As often as I can...... helps me chill out from the wife and kids!!!! Lol

Lol

I practice every night after work around 930-1030in sporadic intervals.

I find when’s I have a hour or two to commit To practice , it will take me 30min off straight practice to find my centre and balance , and get warmed up. I hit my targets for maybe 2 - 3 legs, (still in this 1-2 hour) Then everything starts to go wrong,  darts scatter like a buck shot . At this point I put the darts.

So Ive learned to put the darts down as soon As I’m bogging up the board.
I currently practice about 1 hour 3 times a week.

Not really seeing much improvement and stuck averaging around 48.

I only have 1 set off darts, as I thought i'd try and "master" them. Would you guys recommend swapping darts until you find a suitable set - if so, how do you know??? My darts are sat in the board pretty much straight, not sure if this is a good thing or should the aim be to get them slightly pointing downwards into the board.

I use the Winmau "Scott Waites" 23g darts at the minute - I'm open to a change of darts, but resent paying for a set that I might not get along with!
Can't say I've ever felt the need to take a day off. I've been playing darts daily since the blade 3 came out.
I only play for fun.
EsoxJD aka WaterWolf  Tongue
Darts: unicorn T95 23g 

(11-19-2019, 04:07 PM)esoxJD Wrote: Can't say I've ever felt the need to take a day off. I've been playing darts daily since the blade 3 came out.
I only play for fun.
Icon_sunny Don't practice until you learn- There's a difference.
I'm sorry but could you elaborate on this post? Not having anyone to provide proper teaching skills, being self taught has been my only way to improve, albeit a slow process.
6/7 evenings  a week I make it to the board for two to three 15-30 minute sessions of throwing 2-3 sets until one feels the most comfortable. Then I throw those darts until my grouping and accuracy becomes satisfactory , then zoning in on the t20,and shoot until I hit a MAX.......or not!! 

Recently I’ve been shooting around the doubles and several shots at the bullseyes....and I’ll practice a few outs shots from random number below 100 and shoot them until out, regardless of misses...

SO roughly three hours a week of mildly structured practices...

After just reading a thread......I saw a practice routine. Mentioning playing games of 5001 To practice high scoring,
Cheers and thanks  for opportunity to reply
I'm on about my 7th week of darts. I go in mini spells of half hour to one hour each session. I do at least 4 of them a day or try too

I'm still crap, but much better than I was
I try to have a 30-60 minutes session every day, but not happening all the time. If I play 2 HRs or more, I feel my knee and my back, nothing serious, but still surprising that nothing feels bad with my arm.... Big Grin
Since I'm not too good yet I try to practice 30-45 minutes each day
I practice every day just for fun. My board is always pretty close so I'll spend maybe an hour or more all up in the day throwing.